cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need update on status of Item Specifics

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Item-Specifics-Tech-Issues-Details-amp-Final-Status-Upda...

we are now at the end of January, 2020 as stated in the above 11/18/2019 ebay announcement. Status anyone? If my discussion gets moved to the Tech Board, this is really not a tech issue. thanks. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I wish I could help bur I am having the same issue, with no fix.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

There are still item specifics size problems. I contacted the sdsupport team on Nov 20 but I haven't seen any of the size issues corrected yet.

This discussion has more info about the size issues I'm still seeing-

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Item-Specifics-Problems-Clothing/m-p/30434574

Are you seeing problems in areas other than sizing?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I love how they haven't resolved that, but have started screwing stuff up in the electronics categories. They just added a bunch of irrelevant IS to the laptops category. Also redid some existing ones so the old IS will have to be re-entered upon edit or relist.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@gwzcomps 

the bigger problem is you are not notified about what did they fix or even added unless you go into each of your active listings...so your actives keep running without corrected info. and the possibility of not being seen in search because you didnt do their fixes/updates. hope am explaining this correctly...so if you are not ending your GTC rollovers, they just keep running with incorrect data. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@abfabvintage 

because you didnt do their fixes/updates

Ab, if you  put the listings into bulk edit, the ones that "have" to be edited will be red flagged........and most of it you can do right there on the listing line.......

I had about 50 that didn't have UPC's (unopened older needlework kits that were designated as new).....within bulk edit, I clicked on the UPC box and could change each from nothing to does not apply).........

Same was true for a few Item specifics....

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@dhbookds 

thx for the advice...my point is we need to get alerts when these fixes/updates are made. my problem right now is i use a 3rd party program that communicates direct to ebay. if i use the bulk edit feature for already active items and before ebay made changes while that item is still running, i have to make those changes manually direct into ebay, print out what i changed, then go to my program and reenter the data so ebay and my program match...

only thing i can do to avoid this is end the item then relist using the program which does have the new updates. hope making sense here.  bottom line, even tho my program may have the current IS updates, it does not automatically update items listed before the ebay update. and i started this thread to get some input from ebay on the status of the IS debacle. as mentioned by another poster...the sizing is still not fixed. thx for your help. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@abfabvintage 

"the bigger problem is you are not notified about what did they fix or even added unless you go into each of your active listings...so your actives keep running without corrected info. and the possibility of not being seen in search because you didnt do their fixes/updates. hope am explaining this correctly...so if you are not ending your GTC rollovers, they just keep running with incorrect data."

They have added a couple new options on the active listings page to help us to see which items need to be updated.  It's not a fix to the problem, but at least it does let us identify which items need to be changed.

First, under "quick filters" on the "manage active listings" page, there is now an option to see a list of "item specifics-- required" and another of "item specifics-- recommended".  

Second, they've also added a custom option for the overall list of active items called "item specifics".  Takes a while if you have a lot of items, but you can scroll and see which items need to be updated.  

I just clicked on them, and I have a lot of editing to do!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

" have to make those changes manually direct into ebay, print out what i changed, then go to my program and reenter the data so ebay and my program match..."

This is the problem I'm having, too.  If I edit in Ebay, the changes won't stick when the item renews.  So I'm doing it by keeping 2 windows open, pulling up each item it says needs to be updated, and just editing directly in my listing program.  So far, it seems to be taking.  There may be an easier way to do it, but I'm not aware of it.  

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@splendidthreads 

thx so much for your work arounds. printed out for reference. i just wish my Auction Wizard program would automatically update to what i changed but dont see that happening. i still need ebay to tell me what progress they have made on the IS fixes. changing things midstream just causes us more work. i am working with trinton on getting the ebay developers to make corrections.... since their last update 1/15, the code they sent to my program manager left off Brands. my program (for all clothing) only goes up thru the B's, whereas going into ebay manually Brands go thru to the Z's. doing custom specifics has saved me until it gets fixed. thx again.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I posted on here when I heard a rumor a few months back, when a CSR had mentioned that the technical teams were moved to work on Managed Payments and additional work on search wouldn't be happening for awhile.

This was before that announcement linked in the OP, and it seems the teams really hadn't done more work on it, so it seems this rumor may have some credibility to it.

Hopefully once MP is running properly, we'll see some of the mess get repaired elsewhere.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@abfabvintage 

because you didnt do their fixes/updates

Ab, if you  put the listings into bulk edit, the ones that "have" to be edited will be red flagged........and most of it you can do right there on the listing line.......

I had about 50 that didn't have UPC's (unopened older needlework kits that were designated as new).....within bulk edit, I clicked on the UPC box and could change each from nothing to does not apply).........

Same was true for a few Item specifics....

But that's not really the whole problem.  The problem is that the item specifics are incomplete with crucial specifics STILL missing - common fabric names, common sizes (plus sizes for one), and very poorly scripted clothing item types.  There's an absurd amount of clueless options and WHAT ADULT WEARS 'THEME' CLOTHING?  The 'further item specifics' leads you down a garden path of choices some of which belong more in industrial equipment than clothing and soft lines.

eBay's idiocy in this cost me several thousand in October/early November, a big selling season for we clothing resellers, due to crucial missing and miss-mapped specifics with a very late announcement of what had happened. Since then my regular updates have cleaned most of it up, my sales have recovered insofar as I'm bothering to list these days, but there has been nothing done anything about actual missing specifics.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I am having the same problem still. Go in and edit all items that need to be fixed in item specifics and they are good. But when they roll over and start back up all of those fixes are gone. Can not keep doing this to many listings and it takes to much time. Ebay should have enough intelligent people that they could have fixed this by now.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I Keep getting a list of about 20 items that they want "item specifics" updated by 5 days from now, I fixed all this last week and yet I'm still getting the same message from eBay and there's things on the list that aren't even in our store inventory any longer because they sold. The other issue is they want a SIZE for monitors and when i go on the page the size is listed 3 times! so in 5 days does that mean all those listings are gonna be ended by eBay? I've gone over all the auctions with a fine tooth comb just looking at the live sale and then going in clicking "Revise" and still I'm seeing the monitor size 3 different spots.  I just don't get it. when I try to contact eBay it leads me to a "have us call you" option but when  you click on it it just says this feature is not available.  I guess to talk to someone you have to try and contact them first thing in the morning or your out of luck. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@ccstreasure 

Recent email said this:

"As previously announced, we’ll be requiring you to complete certain item specifics starting September 9th. After this date, you won’t be able to publish new, relisted or revised listings without the required item specifics."

Message 15 of 15
latest reply