cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Might get me in the doghouse but I'd like to know

While searching eBay for gemstone chip beads I discovered something I found interesting and curious.

These are item numbers of some of the listings I considered purchasing from:

Of these six listing five have the usual sponsored ads appearing.  One does not.  After looking at that particular sellers store listings I am curious as to why the special treatment of no sponsored ads like the rest of us ? 

(I also found a small volume seller of beads with no sponsored ads).

I don't want to create a ruckus but I'd really like to know how the rest of us sellers can enjoy ad free listings too?  

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Might get me in the doghouse but I'd like to know

@nuclearomen wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@b86fiero just FYI - I have it from fairly high up the food chain at eBay that this was a "bug" that has since been fixed.

No explanation for what caused the bug but I'm still thinking it may have been possible lingering code or somehow related to the old option to opt out of cross promotion (total guess on my part, no info provided by eBay to confirm or deny it).

I've checked the examples I had and they all appear to be showing PL ads now.

what exactly was the "bug" your mentioning? @valueaddedresource - since all of ebay is a "bug" they never fixed lol

@nuclearomen the issue raised in the OP was that some sellers seemed to be mysteriously exempt from having any Promoted Listings ads displayed on their listings at all.

I put out some inquiries trying to determine why that might be and the answer I received was it was a bug, though I was not able to get any specifics as to what kind of bug it might have been or why it would have caused what we were seeing only for a small handful of sellers.

Whatever the bug was, it has apparently now been corrected. If only all eBay bugs received such quick resolution, right? 😉

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Re: Might get me in the doghouse but I'd like to know

@nuclearomen wrote:

@b86fiero just FYI - I have it from fairly high up the food chain at eBay that this was a "bug" that has since been fixed.

No explanation for what caused the bug but I'm still thinking it may have been possible lingering code or somehow related to the old option to opt out of cross promotion (total guess on my part, no info provided by eBay to confirm or deny it).

I've checked the examples I had and they all appear to be showing PL ads now.

what exactly was the "bug" your mentioning? @valueaddedresource - since all of ebay is a "bug" they never fixed lol

@nuclearomen the issue raised in the OP was that some sellers seemed to be mysteriously exempt from having any Promoted Listings ads displayed on their listings at all.

I put out some inquiries trying to determine why that might be and the answer I received was it was a bug, though I was not able to get any specifics as to what kind of bug it might have been or why it would have caused what we were seeing only for a small handful of sellers.

Whatever the bug was, it has apparently now been corrected. If only all eBay bugs received such quick resolution, right? 😉

got it...and, while you were posting this i was making a new listing and found another HUGE issue with a change they made...starting a new thread on it. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 32 of 32
latest reply