cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings Renewing on Wrong Day

A handful of my fixed price listings created June 18th renewed today- August 17th- even though they should not have renewed until tomorrow the 18th. The countdown clock has them set to renew next month on the correct date- September 18th.

Most of my listings created June 18th show a countdown clock confirming they will renew on the correct date- tomorrow, August 18th.

Is anybody else noticing this?

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Listings Renewing on Wrong Day

I like to use this for emphasis.   Sometimes this.   Or, if I really want attention, I'll do this.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 16 of 76
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

I like to use this for emphasis.   Sometimes this.   Or, if I really want attention, I'll do this.

Nothing wrong with that.  It works for you.  That doesn't make me wrong.  It only means we make a different choice.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 76
latest reply

I thought that during the month of July all my running GTC listings got adjusted for the once a month relist date based on when I originally listed them.   So, why did a listing with an original listing date of May 25, 2018 just roll?  It shows the next renewal in 37 days, but I would have thought that adjustment was made last month so it should have renewed this month on the 25th.   Maybe I'm just confused about how this all works.

Message 18 of 76
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I thought that during the month of July all my running GTC listings got adjusted for the once a month relist date based on when I originally listed them.   So, why did a listing with an original listing date of May 25, 2018 just roll?  It shows the next renewal in 37 days, but I would have thought that adjustment was made last month so it should have renewed this month on the 25th.   Maybe I'm just confused about how this all works.

July was a problematic month for many of us.  It got a bit confusing and complicated by a glitch.  

I have no answer for you as far as your current problem, other to say, it is ONCE a month.  So you won't have another renewal this month.  You are right.  It should have been the 25th.

You aren't confused, you are right.  But I think we are going to have to wait until tomorrow to get some answers.

Message 19 of 76
latest reply

Me too, I am still waiting for the 22 listings they took from me prematurely at the begging of the month. Seeing as they already credited back those who were charged money already, I guess the rest of can go pound sand because they could care less. we ain't getting anything. Top notch costumer service. Not even a free listing promo yet for those that were affected? Again top notch customer service. ANYONE who thinks we have not paid for those listings and do not deserve them back lives in an alternate reality.

Message 20 of 76
latest reply

For the 50th time AT LEAST, Store listings are not FREE LISTINGS!!!!! They are paid for, Premium store $59.95, Anchor Store $299.95, Enterprise store $2,995. 95 WHY DO YOU REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE LISTINGS STORE OWNERS PAY FOR ARE NOT FREE????

Message 21 of 76
latest reply

They actually said in the weekly chat that hey would NOT be restored!

Message 22 of 76
latest reply

they call store listings FREE because it is a marketing ploy! they are not free. only FREE for those who have a free id and no store. these are the ONLY free listings on this site.

Message 23 of 76
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

Me too, I am still waiting for the 22 listings they took from me prematurely at the begging of the month. Seeing as they already credited back those who were charged money already, I guess the rest of can go pound sand because they could care less. we ain't getting anything. Top notch costumer service. Not even a free listing promo yet for those that were affected? Again top notch customer service. ANYONE who thinks we have not paid for those listings and do not deserve them back lives in an alternate reality.

It isn't likely you have anything coming on those 22 listings.  They shouldn't renew again this month and hopefully next month they renew on the date they are suppose to.  

What is it that you want them to give you if those were pulled from your monthly free allotment and they won't renew again in this month?

Message 24 of 76
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

For the 50th time AT LEAST, Store listings are not FREE LISTINGS!!!!! They are paid for, Premium store $59.95, Anchor Store $299.95, Enterprise store $2,995. 95 WHY DO YOU REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE LISTINGS STORE OWNERS PAY FOR ARE NOT FREE????

@ekmadonna 

I get it, for you this is not a good way to describe this allotment of listings.  But it is how Ebay describes them and therefore many sellers have also adopted the same way of referring to them.  It doesn't make you wrong or me wrong.  We are talking about the same thing.  You just don't like the referred to as Ebay and others refer to them.

You don't have to yell.  It isn't necessary as I respect how you look at it, I just don't agree.  I don't see the only benefit of a store as the listings you can run without experiencing an additional listing fee as the only benefit covered by the cost of having a store.

You may not need or appreciate having a store front, lower FVFs, vaca settings, promotional discounts, shipping supply discount, caps on FVFs, etc.  But for me and for others, this has value too.  Value we would not have if we did not pay for a store subscription.  Which the fee we pay covers all this, not just the listing fees.

Message 25 of 76
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

they call store listings FREE because it is a marketing ploy! they are not free. only FREE for those who have a free id and no store. these are the ONLY free listings on this site.

My comment from an earlier post in this thread:

Regardless of the terminology used by ebay, I've never thought of my listings as "free;" I pay for them every month via my store fees.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 26 of 76
latest reply

I definitely subscribe to the way of thinking that store listings are NOT free despite how they're labeled, however that doesn't mean I think the entire rate paid for my store is solely for the listing allotment.

Try to look at it this way: ALL store perks between a Basic and a Premium store are exactly the same except for the number of "free" listings. If you (not sharingtheland - you were just the last poster before my reply - I'm referring a general "you" for anybody who thinks store listings are free and not paid for)... if you believe that store listings are truly "free" then what justification would there be for the big price difference between a Basic and Premium store?

So, yes, I definitely PAY for the "free" store listings with my subscription fee. I also pay for the other benefits of having a store (promotions manager, etc.), but the bulk of my store fee goes to the number of "free" listings.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 27 of 76
latest reply

With all due respect please explain to my why if most store owners get the SAME perks with subtle differences in the amount of store shipping coupons only, why someone would pay $3,000 dollars a month for a enterprise store when they could get all the same perks for say $59.95 a month for a PREMIUM store? We no the real reason, because the ENTERPRISE store seller is PAYING for 15, 000 listings. not 1,500. Do you see now that stores PAY for A certain amount of LISTINGS! considering all the perks are pretty much the same for stores.

Message 28 of 76
latest reply

r8ylee
Thrill-Seeker

This thread was started from the Technical Issues when listings rolled over 24 hours earlier that some sellers encountered.

The Blue had some replies and the latest posts from sellers who actually made calls to enquire about the

Fixed Price allotments that were taken 24 hours prior end date.

According to the sellers that were affected and who had called in regarding those Fixed Price Allotments taken prior - were told that the 'technical issue' will only be corrected end of August.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Technical-issues/td-p/30087599/page/2

(for your reference)

Message 29 of 76
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

With all due respect please explain to my why if most store owners get the SAME perks with subtle differences in the amount of store shipping coupons only,

Thank you for bringing that up - I neglected to note that difference between stores in my above post. Oops. I still stand firmly behind the rest of what I said! And we didn't always have shipping coupons. Before the coupons there was still a big price difference between the basic and premium stores.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 30 of 76
latest reply