cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings Renewing on Wrong Day

A handful of my fixed price listings created June 18th renewed today- August 17th- even though they should not have renewed until tomorrow the 18th. The countdown clock has them set to renew next month on the correct date- September 18th.

Most of my listings created June 18th show a countdown clock confirming they will renew on the correct date- tomorrow, August 18th.

Is anybody else noticing this?

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Listings Renewing on Wrong Day

Yes, it has been a reported issue here.  Sellers have been "billed"  for relists before the items even end and roll over.  You are supposed to call CS, or wait until ebay makes a voluntary adjustment to your account.  

Message 2 of 76
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

Yes, it has been a reported issue here.  Sellers have been "billed"  for relists before the items even end and roll over.  You are supposed to call CS, or wait until ebay makes a voluntary adjustment to your account.  

While I certainly see this as a problem for listings not renewing when they should.  It should not be costing anyone any extra $$ because listings now only renew ONCE per calendar month.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 76
latest reply

". . .it should not be costing anyone any extra $$ because listings now only renew ONCE per calendar month."

Not so, in the cases of many of us who wish to END our listings BEFORE the 30 day listing period has expired -- eBay prematurely deducted 30 free listings from my monthly allotment OVER 36 HOUTS BEFORE THE LISTINGS WERE SCHEDULED TO EXPIRE (all of which I had planned to end, rather than re-list) -- and eBay NEVER re-listed them ANYWAY, after having charged me for the re-listings!!!

I'm still waiting for eBay to make my account full again.

(Crickets. . ..)

Message 5 of 76
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:

". . .it should not be costing anyone any extra $$ because listings now only renew ONCE per calendar month."

Not so, in the cases of many of us who wish to END our listings BEFORE the 30 day listing period has expired -- eBay prematurely deducted 30 free listings from my monthly allotment OVER 36 HOUTS BEFORE THE LISTINGS WERE SCHEDULED TO EXPIRE (all of which I had planned to end, rather than re-list) -- and eBay NEVER re-listed them ANYWAY, after having charged me for the re-listings!!!

I'm still waiting for eBay to make my account full again.

(Crickets. . ..)

Ebay won't return your Free Listings to you.  Since they are free, there is nothing to credit your account for.  But if you post listings that cause you to pay a listing fee because you had plans for those 30 listings, then you may be willing to issue you a credit.  But it won't happen until you incur a cost.

Message 6 of 76
latest reply

deducted 30 free listings from my monthly allotment 

I'm going to take a WAG and say that davyc meant 30 listings from the "free" monthly store allotment.

Even ebay calls those "free" listings.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/run-your-store/subscriptions-and-fees.html

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 7 of 76
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

deducted 30 free listings from my monthly allotment 

I'm going to take a WAG and say that davyc meant 30 listings from the "free" monthly store allotment.

Even ebay calls those "free" listings.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/run-your-store/subscriptions-and-fees.html

I understood that.  My statement was "Ebay won't return your Free Listings to you."  Store or no store, free listings are free listings.  It maybe being from a store allotment changes nothing in what I said.  They are free listings and Ebay does not return free listings to your account in a case like the other poster described.  According to Ebay they don't have the ability to do that.  And I must say in all my years on Ebay I've never had them do that when an issue has come up regarding my free allotment of listings.

But if the seller ends up having to PAY for some basic listing fees because Ebay made a mistake and used up some of their free listings for the month that they should not have, Ebay is issuing credits for that.  So if you get caught up in a problem like this.  Post the listings you need to and then notify Ebay you need the credit and why.

Message 8 of 76
latest reply

I've been drifting in and out for almost a month but wasn't it stated by a blue at some point recently that store listings that were deducted incorrectly in the most recent debacle would be restored?

Regardless of the terminology used by ebay, I've never thought of my listings as "free;" I pay for them every month via my store fees.  

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 9 of 76
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

I've been drifting in and out for almost a month but wasn't it stated by a blue at some point recently that store listings that were deducted incorrectly in the most recent debacle would be restored?

Regardless of the terminology used by ebay, I've never thought of my listings as "free;" I pay for them every month via my store fees.  

NOPE!  The blues said that Ebay has no way of doing that.  But if it cost the sellers any money they could issue credits for that.

As for Store Fees.  Yes I know that many members see the store fee as you do, I'm not sure why, but you are in good company.  Lots of terrific sellers feel that way.  I guess it is because they don't consider the other benefits of having a store as being important.  But I would venture a guess that if they didn't have those benefits, they would miss them and/or be upset by them no longer being part of the benefits.

Message 10 of 76
latest reply

It's weird, I think I just had some jump to the next month too.Smiley Surprised   I check every morning to see if there are any that are ready to roll within 24hrs, and I ended one early this morning that I didn't want to roll.   Later in the morning I looked at a couple new listings I just launched and saw several others that just rolled, which were ones I definitely would have ended.   I feel sure they weren't among the ones I saw that would roll within 24hrs.

Message 11 of 76
latest reply

Actually, on August 2, tyler@ebay DEFINITELY told eBay sellers that they would be CREDITED for this error on eBay's part.

And, since I am paying for a Premier eBay store, I am PROMISED 1000 free listings each month -- and NOT just 970!
Message 12 of 76
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

It's weird, I think I just had some jump to the next month too.Smiley Surprised   I check every morning to see if there are any that are ready to roll within 24hrs, and I ended one early this morning that I didn't want to roll.   Later in the morning I looked at a couple new listings I just launched and saw several others that just rolled, which were ones I definitely would have ended.   I feel sure they weren't among the ones I saw that would roll within 24hrs.

I have to admit that I'm very confused by these listings that appear to be renewing 24 hours early.  I've seen lots of sellers talk about them on the threads and Ebay keeps saying the problem is fixed.  But it keeps happening or at least sellers are saying it continues to happen.  I honestly don't know.

But one thing I do know is that listings now renew only ONCE per calendar month.  So it is only happening once for the month so no additional listings fees should be incurred unless you are going over your free allotment of listings.  

Now for those that want to end their listings before they renew, I can see this is a significant issue.  Lets see if we can get some updated information on this.

tyler@ebay 

@Anonymous 

brian@ebay 

Message 13 of 76
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@sharingtheland wrote:

NOPE!  The blues said that Ebay has no way of doing that.  But if it cost the sellers any money they could issue credits for that.

As for Store Fees.  Yes I know that many members see the store fee as you do, I'm not sure why, but you are in good company.  Lots of terrific sellers feel that way.  I guess it is because they don't consider the other benefits of having a store as being important.  But I would venture a guess that if they didn't have those benefits, they would miss them and/or be upset by them no longer being part of the benefits.

No need to yell at me.

I do not have a store for the "free" listings.  My items sell for more than enough to cover the 30 or 35 cents per listing fees.  I have a store for the vacation settings, ability to create categories, MM and those other important benefits.

It's not hard to know why many members call store listing fees "free" when that's exactly what ebay calls them.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 14 of 76
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@sharingtheland wrote:

No need to yell at me.

I do not have a store for the "free" listings.  My items sell for more than enough to cover the 30 or 35 cents per listing fees.  I have a store for the vacation settings, ability to create categories, MM and those other important benefits.

It's not hard to know why many members call store listing fees "free" when that's exactly what ebay calls them.

I didn't yell.  A single work in all caps is NOT yelling.  It is for emphasis.  When someone types their entire post in all caps, that is yelling.

Yes, we do adopt words and phrases Ebay uses as it makes it less confusion to know what someone is talking about.

I'd venture a guess that all store owners of Basic and above also enjoy their reduced FVFs too, just to mention one benefit that should be considered in the cost of a store.  It can go a long way in helping to pay for a store fee.

Message 15 of 76
latest reply