cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It will take 2 days to get paid?????

This is ridiculous! I would rather pay the minuscule extra and go back to the old way with Paypal.

Ebay is charging more and giving less, I hope this company fails and goes out of business.

Message 1 of 152
latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

lol.........2 days is going to kill you?  Hate to say so, but may be 4 days before it is actually in your bank account....

If that's a deal breaker, you're going to have to find a new place to sell as there are no options.........

Message 2 of 152
latest reply

@epsidude wrote:

This is ridiculous!  I would rather pay the minuscule extra and go back to the old way with Paypal.  Ebay is charging more and giving less, I hope this company fails and goes out of business.

Absolutely!  This business should fail and millions of sellers all over the world should go down with it because, you, personally, one guy in New Hampshire, can't wait two days for your money.   Sounds right to me!

=

Message 3 of 152
latest reply

@epsidude wrote:

This is ridiculous! I would rather pay the minuscule extra and go back to the old way with Paypal.

Many people have posted that they would like to go back to PayPal, although I'm not sure exactly what "miniscule extra" means. I suspect - despite eBay's claims - that the average seller is paying slight more under MP rather than slighltly less. 

That aside ... 

The extra couple days does not bother me, because I have a business plan that does not require me to live hand-to-mouth. 

Message 4 of 152
latest reply

Set your payouts to every day.  If it is taking more than 1 day to get into your account,  it is your bank not Aryden.

Paypal does not want to be Ebay's sole processor.    So going back to the good old days is not possible.

Younger buyers are coming back to Ebay and one of the main reasons is that they like to pay by Apple pay,  CC and other means.

Message 5 of 152
latest reply

If waiting 2 days to get paid is that big of a hardship, you probably need to take a good hard look at your business finances.  2 days is nothing.  Almost every online venue has much longer waiting times than 2 days to get paid.  Many are 2 weeks before payout and then up to 5 days for it to actually show up in your bank. 

MP has a lot of advantages over the old paypal method.  Lower fees (admittedly miniscule) and MUCH easier bookkeeping are just a couple.

Message 6 of 152
latest reply

Back in the 90s, when my old B&M manufacturing business was booming, we waited 30 to 90 days to get paid.  Try building a business from scratch with payouts like that. It's normal for B2B business to extend credit to their customers like that. Most wont do business with you if you cant handle that kind of payout.  

Same here. Take it or leave it. 

Message 7 of 152
latest reply

This is ridiculous! I would rather pay the minuscule extra and go back to the old way with PayPal.  eBay is charging more and giving less, I hope this company fails and goes out of business.

Let me guess, you have a $0.00 bank account?  Build a reserve then it's no problem....

Message 8 of 152
latest reply

The primary difference between PayPal™ and (mis)Managed Payments is that PayPal™ (for the vast majority of sales) didn't have to go out and get the money first. They have it there and were able to simply transfer if from one PayPal™ account to another PayPal™ account. That's why you had immediate access to it.

If you recall, any buyer who chose to pay with "electronic check" didn't show as paid until that e-check cleared and they had the money. (I don't recall if it worked that same way for CC purchases.)

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 9 of 152
latest reply

@101dolphns 

@101dolphns wrote:

Back in the 90s, when my old B&M manufacturing business was booming, we waited 30 to 90 days to get paid.  

The new norm is 90-120 days.  Suppliers fought it, but most are used to it.  The delay in payouts is actually a really good thing - if/when business goes away, those suppliers have months to adjust.

Message 10 of 152
latest reply

Sounds like you never worked in the real world where you got paid every two weeks.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 11 of 152
latest reply

Just what I was going to post bonjourami 

Paid biweekly  living on your pay until next payday HAA  those were the days

two days(48 hours) does not seem just a hardship to me

Message 12 of 152
latest reply

Just a thought  but

Would it not be better if eBay got some real business men/women  at the helm that was interested in making eBay a seller friendly and safe  site with well trained CS reps who knew what they were doing so that eBay could grow and prosper.

As apposed to  failing and putting thousands of good hardworking sellers out of their eBay business???

Message 13 of 152
latest reply

Ebay has attracted younger buyers and sellers.     Three years ago most people under the age of 35 thought ebay had gone out of business.

Ebay has grown,  especially in the younger age groups.

They need to cater to these consumers and not older folks who are spending less and less.

Message 14 of 152
latest reply

????

I did not refer to AGE  at all  in regards to these individual only that they had  the interest and knowledge to  make needed changes for all users young and old  that would attract and keep more users coming to eBay for buying and selling

Message 15 of 152
latest reply