cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It seems like every week there is a new bug in the system and ebay has no answers !

A couple months ago it was pictures being deleted after GTC listings were renewed. Of course, there was no way to get them back and sellers had to waste an inordinate amount of time either uploading them again or having to take new pictures.

This past week the transition to the new categories in clothing and accessories was a complete disaster.  Items were being placed in the wrong categories and if you changed it to the correct category, you lost items specifics.

Yesterday I noticed (and I can't say for sure if this was related to the category issue) that more pictures were deleted. Had many listings, all of which were variations, where only the gallery picture was displayed. All the variation pictures were deleted. Another wasted day of having to upload more pictures.

The best for last ! Just got off the phone with ebay and it seems like listings become corrupted after 6 months to a year. The standard response they give is that it's like making a photo copy. If you keep making a copy of the copy, it will lose resolution. Every time a listing gets relisted, there is a chance the file gets corrupted. I have many variation listings and the quantity I have available isn't being displayed correctly. In fact, it's a disaster. Case in point, item #302500345367. I have 7 shirts available. The listing shows I have 1 left, but the "sponsored" listing shows 7 available. How is it that the listing is corrupted, but the sponsored listing works fine ?

Their solution is not to relist the item, but to create a new listing from scratch. So now instead of running my business, I have to spend my time dealing with this all because ebay can't find engineers who know what they are doing.

I pay around 40K a year in fees and all I get in return is a big slap in the face.  Sorry, but an apology doesn't do me any good.  Time to start looking at other platforms.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: It seems like every week there is a new bug in the system and ebay has no answers !

Just wait till they manage your seller payments and see how many BUGS they are going to have then. 40K a year in fees well at least you're making good sales unlike many other sellers on here. What's your secret of eBay sales success? I can add another BUG that is vanishing listings its happened to me a few times forcing me to check stock. And also listings replaced with the incorrect images. Listings being relisted by bots when they have already sold and were only quantity one. The list goes on. Oh not to mention postage policies being automatically created and your listings changing postage policies without your knowledge.

Create new listing from scratch every time rather than relist = NO WAY!

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Re: It seems like every week there is a new bug in the system and ebay has no answers !

"the variation pictures were deleted"
Starting from this week, I encountered this problem too, each time I revised the listing, it automatically change to "by default images", which lead to all variation pictures were deleted.

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

I urge sellers to check their inventory as I have found many times items in storage that were listed whereby the whole listing was removed by eBay at some point without my knowledge. This BUG cannot just be happening to me. Especially look at items that have been on your shelves for sometime. It seems seller have to go back and check not only the old listings have not lost their pictures but weather the listing is even still active. I am now stopping using the GTC format and switching back to 30 days. Everytime the listing is unsold at 30 days manually relist it using sell similar and check the pics are okay each time. GTC is broken!

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

tyler@ebay

This variation picture disappearance when a listing has been revised has been reported on a number of threads........

Can you check and see if there is a glitch actually reported about it? 

Thanks

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

They even lose the 30 day stuff.  Sometimes I'll see something and wonder why it hasn't sold and low a behold it isn't listed anymore on ebay just went poof!!!!

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

@msand1 wrote:

Yesterday I noticed (and I can't say for sure if this was related to the category issue) that more pictures were deleted. Had many listings, all of which were variations, where only the gallery picture was displayed. All the variation pictures were deleted. Another wasted day of having to upload more pictures.

And you might like to know - while searching as a Buyer - since it takes FOREVER to get a page loaded - when I clicked on several listings with multiple pictures today - only the Gallery is featured (I see the thumbnails, but they don't advance to the main photo when I click on them)- I even clicked on the main photo so maybe it would slide show through them to check out the other pictures all I get are BLACK on several of the pictures as it advances - it's a BIG MESS - and since I am the buyer I can't tell you if the listings were Re-lists, New Listings, GTC or sell similar listings.  Yeah, well good LUCK when Ebay rolls out THEIR NEW EBAY PHOTO IMAGES Software! ha ha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Crikey no wonder sales are down 78%!

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

gopetersen
Rockstar

@msand1 wrote:

PLEASE go to the Discussions > Inside eBay > Technical Issues board, find the threads on Multiple Variation Listing problems and add your voice.

eBay Customer Service is claiming no one has reported this problem. The more voices there are, the more difficult it will be for them to deny it.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

gopetersen
Rockstar

@msand1 wrote:

The best for last ! Just got off the phone with ebay and it seems like listings become corrupted after 6 months to a year. The standard response they give is that it's like making a photo copy. If you keep making a copy of the copy, it will lose resolution. Every time a listing gets relisted, there is a chance the file gets corrupted.

It will only "lose resolution" if there are bugs in THEIR software.

I don't think eBay cares. The bugs in the software (failure to repeat the listing correctly) force sellers to renew or update old listings, which is A-Okay with eBay but not okay for sellers who not only lose time, but also lose their watchers and their sales history.

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

tyler@ebay

This variation picture disappearance when a listing has been revised has been reported on a number of threads........

Thanks

Hi @dhbookds - thanks for the tag. 

We've received reports of this in the last week, but all the members reviewed and item numbers reported were items that lost their photos in the issue with Good Til Cancelled photos in late June. 

If you have examples of variation listings that renewed earlier in the month, or were created from scratch after the 24th of June that are having this happen please let brian@ebay know so we can begin getting those items reported for review. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 38
latest reply

@msand1

@gopetersen

@akohobby

See tyler's answer above..........

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

This issue is not related to the previous one where variation pictures were being deleted when GTC listings were renewed. I created this listing (item #302830810481) on August 3rd. In the past week, on three occasions I have revised the listing and each time once the revisions were submitted, all the variation pictures were deleted. I had to then go back into the listing and upload the pictures. The last time was earlier today. It seems to only affect Multiples Variations and not Single Variations.  I have called customer service a few times to pass along this information, but wanted to share it with you as well.

Thanks

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

tyler@ebay

Thanks

Hi @dhbookds - thanks for the tag. 

We've received reports of this in the last week, but all the members reviewed and item numbers reported were items that lost their photos in the issue with Good Til Cancelled photos in late June. 

If you have examples of variation listings that renewed earlier in the month, or were created from scratch after the 24th of June that are having this happen please let brian@ebay know so we can begin getting those items reported for review. 

Tyler, where did you get this info from? I'm afraid it's false. I agree with @msand1. This glitch affects all of my 240+ listings. I have listings renewing every day, so many of them have since earlier in the month. But if you need exact item numbers... here's a list of the brand new listings (that are affected) I created since 8/11 Saturday after I wrote a similar post here and called ebay about it:

ALL listings above have UPCs on them in case you are wondering and are currently affected by this glitch. Please fix this very soon as you can see how many members are affected. My concierge agent told me it's a global issue... I guess it means it affects every seller. I have many listings that have over 200 variations (I believe there are some in that list I pasted). You can imagine how horrendous it is to update it's inventory. What usually takes 2 minutes, now takes 15-20 minutes. I should be spending my time on growth, not on cleaning up the glitch's mess. Thanks.

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

yep, tyler's answer is not related to our problem. Our problem is " each time I revised the listing, it automatically change to "by default images", which lead to all variation pictures were deleted."

tyler@ebay brian.t@ebay

Message 15 of 38
latest reply