cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the ebay app hiding things?

I'm starting to get more and more potential buyers asking me questions that are clearly answered in the listing description. I've started enlarging the font in case it was regular pc users not being able to see the description. But that made no difference. So, I'm assuming it's how the description in the app is way down on the listing and requires you to click a link to see it.

Has anyone else noticed this?

***********************************SIG LINE******************************************
Don't think of them as hot flashes. Think of it as your inner child playing with matches!;-)
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Is the ebay app hiding things?

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@randbrestorations wrote:

I'm starting to get more and more potential buyers asking me questions that are clearly answered in the listing description. I've started enlarging the font in case it was regular pc users not being able to see the description. But that made no difference. So, I'm assuming it's how the description in the app is way down on the listing and requires you to click a link to see it.

Has anyone else noticed this?

@randbrestorations unfortunately, it's not just the app.

eBay is also testing hiding parts of the description behind a "see more" button on desktop

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/not-on-every-listing-but-some/m-p/33606876/highlight/true#M217...

and "quick view" for stores that allows buyers to add to cart and checkout without ever see the full listing page.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Quick-View-In-Stores-Allows-Add-To-Cart-Without-Viewing-Listin...

Oh man....you have got to be kidding me.....

This isn't an "improvement" that is going to be "tested" then made mandatory once ebay has determined it has been a rousing success because some bottom feeder told that to the CEO because that is what (s)he wanted to hear?

eBay for some reason loves mouse clicks.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

To add to my post.

When on the "cell" looking at things on eBay I am not using the "eBay app". I don't know from "apps".

The only app that I have chosen to add to my phone is for "Subway". I did not even want to do that, but to use it to get a discount I needed to do it. I now refuse to pay "full price" at Subway when there are discounts available.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Folks today are too busy.  I think some of them bid while driving, drinking a Starbucks and have 2 kids in the backseat yelling.  I get asked all kinds of dumb questions.   I had a blue hot wheels listed.  The color was listed in the title, in the description and in the area where you write the flaws and someone emailed and asked what was the color.   The color was stated 4 times in the ad.  The 4th one was in the area where you add the item specifics.  No choice but to answer the question politely.     Who knows if there color blind or their phone/device made the car look purple.  Just count to 10 and respond nicely.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

pretty sure ebay is just a scam to exploit and sell your info, there really not going to make you alot of money.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Yes, it's been that way for years.   It's there, but you gotta click on "See Full Description" in Android.  I forget what it says on IOS, but it's something similar, it's like 'see details' or something similar.   This is not new, I remember testing this 5-6 years ago.  

I tell them if they're shopping on a phone, they have to click "See Full Description" in order to see my description.  

It's not hidden, in that it's there for anyone that looks, but so many people just skim right over it.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

So true! I have been an ebay seller for a long time also. One thing 

I know.....there are people that do not bother to read All of the description. 

As for the phone app, I am not fond of it. Always use lap top.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Back in the early days, before smartphones, before ads where plastered all over the listing page.........

My most common reply to buyer questions started with "as stated in the listing...blah blah blah".

PEOPLE don't read, be it buyers or sellers. Some is laziness, some is poor reading skills.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@luckythewinner wrote:

@iamalwaysright wrote:

They need to make larger phones. I can’t wait until we have phones as large as tablets.

Agreed - phones need to be a lot larger. Then maybe we could stand them up on our desks. And attach a keyboard and a mouse to them so they are easier to use. 

Remember "Get Smart"?

I'm bummed out that the shoe phone never took off.  

I’m not. I’m always accidentally stepping on what I hope to be dog poop.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply