cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal for eBay to ask for DL, bank statements, receipts after being restricted?

Is it normal for eBay to ask for DL, bank statements, receipts after being restricted? Are they going to flip out if I redact the prices on the receipts or redact the DL info.? I don't feel comfortable providing the first two pieces of information considering eBay's recent history.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Is it normal for eBay to ask for DL, bank statements, receipts after being restricted?

I understand.

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

Re: Is it normal for eBay to ask for DL, bank statements, receipts after being restricted?

I already sent the info. Thanks for the input. You go!

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

OK.   Please come back and let us know the outcome.  you should be good to go once theyare able to verify all of the documents etc.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

sadly the nanny state and anti-american "patriot act" consequences are writhing their molesting little hands all over our vulnerable parts.

I am receiving this intrusion as well.
I've had a seller ebay account for over 20 years. 100% positive feedback for the entire duration of my account. I've been selling a moderate amount of used equipment for the last year and a half, with no significant recent changes. Perhaps a total sales in the last two years breaching 10 grand or so.
They have my social security number, the name & address EXACTLY as it's printed on the D/L except for the fact that ebay's website doesn't allow all-capital letters for the city name.
I've never had a late paypal credit card payment, and never any kind of overdraft or other sort of issue with regard to being short on money, buying and selling.

This is just the latest step in the advancement of our prison state.
Have you been being a good little boy and keeping in quarantine during this new sars-cov-2 Plandemic? If not, prepare to meet justice, in the name of Progress Inc.

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

This post is from 2018

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

This post may be from 2018 but it does still happen. Happened to my buddy today. Me and a mutual eBayer/friend got him into eBay because he lost his job due to COVID-19. He started selling vintage like us but then because of these weird times fell into the honey pot so to speak when we turned him onto some hot in demand items he could flip and how to do it. We just wanted to help him out. 

He purchased them from legit sources and did everything right, but I guess because he went from just getting started to making big profit they want to see his DL, proof of address and receipts for his purchases.

In the meantime they removed ALL his listings, even the vintage stuff. 

I feel bad for him because this is his only source of income right now. It's scary to see something like that happen to legitimate seller.

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 37 of 37
latest reply