cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY FAULTY RETURN REQUEST SWITCH AND BATE??

Hello ebay community 

2 days ago I sold  a new and sealed Besame Collectible Peter Pan Perfume which its very rare and retired

The item was new and sealed

And sold to a current in state buyer

Pack with double care boxing impossible to break bubble wrap all possible ways it could NOT arrive broken or damage

To my surprise a few minutes ago after arrival to the the buyer address,   immediately open up case  claiming the bottle arrived broke and claimed it was empty out by damage

This is extremely suspicious I been trying to contact several ways the buyer

By sending messages on claim and on contact buyer, if she can provide pictures of damage it shows, so we can successfully accept the return  – but buyer seems to be ignoring me and just responds in case : arrived broken and empty return now!   

This seems to me very fishy I never had problems with buyer providing pictures of “damage goods” ,

I’m not sure what to do do I Approve request and wait for the empty bottle?or an empty box?

Will usps insurance cover this claim if buyer not even willing to provide pictures of “damage empty perfume bottle?

I have no options only to by case

Accept the return

You pay for shipping and can send our return label or your own. Wait to get the item back before you refund the buyer.

Offer another item just like it

The buyer can still decide to get a refund instead. = DON’T HAVE ONE SINCE LE ITEM

Offer a different item

The buyer can still decide to get a refund instead. = DON’T HAVE ONE SINCE LE ITEM

Give a full refund

You fully refund the buyer to close this request. The buyer keeps the item.

Offer a partial refund

You have one chance to offer an amount. The buyer keeps the item.

Send the buyer a message / BUYER IGNORES MESSAGES FROM MY BEHALF

You can reply to the buyer.

this personally seems like a bait switch item but i'm not sure what to do now ,,,, I know by fact ebay will take action by may 18 and as we know they will approve return request but i have this feeling buyer is switching the item for and old empty bottle or may be a possibility of  the buyer even sending and empty box please please help  what can I do Item was sold for $65 and has the usps priority automatic insurance but if i file a claim proof pictures are needed , buyers is unwilling to cooperate. what can I do??? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Tell them to return for refund. They might be trying to get a freebie by claiming damage, or the product really was damaged. If the buyer is trying to get a freebie they will not want to send it back. If they are pulling a bait and switch, not much to do other than if you have free returns you can deduct 50 percent off the refund amount if they sent you back something else or the empty bottle. If you fight this buyer by refusing the return ebay will give you a BIG FAT defect.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

If you want the broken bottle back, you provide a return shipping label, then refund with return. If you dont want the item back,refund. Tell the buyer to hold onto the box and packing material in case the p.o. wants to see it when you file for the insurance.You did have insurance, right? You have no way to prove the bottle didnt break with shipment.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Did you double box the glass perfume bottle?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your help

Item was originally sealed in its original box, & was double box packed with protected care since I been selling glass goods & learned how to prevent damage over several years however I do understand things can happen , I personally have no issues accepting the return however I’m not sure if she is sending the correct original item back , Item was insured so not really worried, however what worries me buyer is unwilling to provide actual pictures or details of damage good , which it’s a bit strange.. I never had this happen before

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Well sometimes buyers resent sending pictures as if the seller doesnt believe them.Accidents happen.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

bait & swich confirmed 

buyer responded with this 

Product looks like it was previously displayed/ used. The inside packaging is questionable as is the actual product. I recived it empty it looks like is been used, The only reason I purchased this was because of the lagoon mermaid. The hair is two tone, theres a mark across the forehead & scratches and dirt marks on the actual tail. I just received it & placed my return request upon opening , And dint used it I recived and empty used bottle and looks used not new

This impossible since item was factory sealed & new

i'm not sure if usps insurance will back me up in this claim what can i do

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

The return policy on the listing in question states:  

Seller does not accept returns 

That may be what caused your buyer to panic?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

If a buyer refuses to send pictures or ignores those requests than I know something is up. In cases where someone says something arrives proven I ask for pictures and if they can provide them, I just refund them and file a insurance claim with the USPS.

My advice is just to force them to return the item. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

If the buyer refuses to take pictures for you, tell her to hang onto all the wrappings and box, because she may have to take it to the post office.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@spaceibixa wrote:

bait & swich confirmed 

{snip}

i'm not sure if usps insurance will back me up in this claim

First - this is an eBay claim, not a USPS claim.

Second - the USPS does not insure you against a switch by a buyer. 

Third - if you have confirmed that the buyer is pulling a switch and you pursue an insurance claim with the USPS for the damage, you are committing fraud. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Tell them to return for refund. They might be trying to get a freebie by claiming damage, or the product really was damaged. If the buyer is trying to get a freebie they will not want to send it back. If they are pulling a bait and switch, not much to do other than if you have free returns you can deduct 50 percent off the refund amount if they sent you back something else or the empty bottle. If you fight this buyer by refusing the return ebay will give you a BIG FAT defect.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Ask the buyer to please return all of the original packing material and box because when you fine a possible tampering/rifling complaint with the USPS Postal inspectors, they may want to see those items.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 12 of 12
latest reply