cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Coronavirus affecting anyone besides me, lowering your sales

Hi guys just curios my sales are very low right now. Does anyone have the same problem?

Message 1 of 136
latest reply
135 REPLIES 135

Re: Is Coronavirus affecting anyone besides me, lowering your sales

Until my brother came over with a buddy and wanted to pull cards making me have to pull all 400 GPK listings down till Friday, I was having the best 4 weeks I've had in a year.  Once I get the GPK inventory redone, and the new cards he brought over back up I'm betting they will be back in droves to buy more.

After that he has another 1000 in other Misc cards he wants me to put up... and I'm putting them up as fast as I can before MP strangles my sales.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 46 of 136
latest reply

Never depend on ebay for sales, only us ebay for extra money unless you are a big retailer. and you want be here asking about slow sales. They will come and they will stop wait and they will pick-up. But never depend on ebay for a living.
Message 47 of 136
latest reply

Good movie.
Message 48 of 136
latest reply

I don't necessarily blame this individual for having this attitude. It's really just a result of the sick society we live under and its indoctrination of survival mentality at any cost. "As long as people keep getting injured, I've got a job." "As long as there's crime, I've got a job." "As long as people keep dying, I've got a job." It's gotten to the point where people don't even stop to think about it anymore.
Look at the people who were price gouging on hand sanitizer here on eBay. I saw one guy trying to get $300 for an 8 oz. bottle with a description that read, "buy this or you're gonna die!" Thankfully, eBay removed all their listings.
Message 49 of 136
latest reply

Italy is the hardest hit next to China.  When in crisis, many people realize what is the most important and what is not.

Message 50 of 136
latest reply

One reason the Italian situation is less of a problem is that the Italian government (which is quite right wing by European standards) has a universal health care program in place.

It is inexpensive to get tested, so people who are sick are tested and either cleared or treated.

Treatment is also available at low direct cost.

So most cases have been identified which makes the numbers seem high, but at least they are accurate.

Our Prime Minister's wife returned from a conference in the UK yesterday with the sniffles, and is self-quarantining until she gets the results of her COVID-19 tests.  Justin has cancelled a conference with the provincial premiers (probably delighted not to have to be polite to Doug Ford) and is telecommuting until she is cleared.

The USA has not banned visits from the UK, just the rest of Europe.

Message 51 of 136
latest reply

Yes--I work p/t at a sports bar and business has been slow! So understandable!

Message 52 of 136
latest reply

@cynthealee2 wrote:

@pburn wrote:

@cynthealee2 wrote:

It's not a loss until you sell... Look at it another way... Stock Market is having a blue light special... I'd be buying all I could if I had any money anywhere.

@cynthealee2 

Oh, boy. Let me see if I can explain this to you another way, so you can understand how this might work for some retirees:

I have my retirement account invested in the stock market. I earn X dollars/x% in income from that account. That income supplements my social security payments and provides additional monthly income. 

Well--and see if you can follow along with this--if the market is down, so is the income earned from my investment account and, therefore, my income--money I live on every month--is reduced commensurately.

It has nothing--I repeat--ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with buying or selling securities. 

Blond I may be stupid I am not.  If you are forced by law OR necessity to pull out right now yeah it sucks hurts.  If it's by law cause you are at those ages and have to pull it out, then do as my in-laws are doing and turn around and buy while it's on blue light special in different accounts (that aren't retirement accounts) and let it sit and recover.  If necessity then do the least amount possible to buffer the amount of damage.

Same way my in-laws did it in 2008.

I on the other hand have begged my kids to buff up their accounts while the stock market is on sale.

I'm not criticizing here, but what pburn is saying (if I understood him correctly), is that because his investment is down, the amount of interested earned per month that's paid out for him to live on is less, which means he has a lower net monthly income. If the market recovers and that money goes up, so will the monthly supplement payments.

Did I understand that correctly?

C.

Message 53 of 136
latest reply

@momogoodies1 wrote:

My sales are down by 70 percent, people have stopped buying Corona beer for heaven sake, its a panic. People are afraid of running out of toilet paper, sanitizer, stocking up on things using their disposable income. Buyers are being driven away by fear at least in my store.  

My store became super quiet shortly after that presidential address last night... I normally have most of my business between 9pm and 2am (generally when I wake during the night which happens several times, my phone will flash the red light to tell me there's either a payment or sale, last night it stayed solid green all night which is no notifications).

C.

Message 54 of 136
latest reply

@cynthealee2 wrote:

@pburn wrote:

@cynthealee2 wrote:

It's not a loss until you sell... Look at it another way... Stock Market is having a blue light special... I'd be buying all I could if I had any money anywhere.

@cynthealee2 

Oh, boy. Let me see if I can explain this to you another way, so you can understand how this might work for some retirees:

I have my retirement account invested in the stock market. I earn X dollars/x% in income from that account. That income supplements my social security payments and provides additional monthly income. 

Well--and see if you can follow along with this--if the market is down, so is the income earned from my investment account and, therefore, my income--money I live on every month--is reduced commensurately.

It has nothing--I repeat--ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with buying or selling securities. 

Blond I may be stupid I am not.  If you are forced by law OR necessity to pull out right now yeah it sucks hurts.  If it's by law cause you are at those ages and have to pull it out, then do as my in-laws are doing and turn around and buy while it's on blue light special in different accounts (that aren't retirement accounts) and let it sit and recover.  If necessity then do the least amount possible to buffer the amount of damage.

Same way my in-laws did it in 2008.

I on the other hand have begged my kids to buff up their accounts while the stock market is on sale.

I'm supposedly retired but went back to selling full time to try to stuff some more into my retirement accounts after this has taken a big bite out of them (on top of a big bill - great timing - not) and to keep the pot warm.  There's an old saying that the Market goes up on the escalator and down on the elevator, so when I got into my early 60s I rebalanced my investments with a greater percentage in the bond market and money market because there's no way that bull market was going to keep going - it's just no one expected the shock this time. I'll probably start putting more into mutual funds again, though. Of course, this will all probably change in a few months.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 55 of 136
latest reply

Yes, that is also when I saw a decline in sales.....started with the GTC!!!!
Message 56 of 136
latest reply

Mine are very low too
Message 57 of 136
latest reply

To be honest with the coronavirus impacting the economy - my March sales are better than I expected - although far from good.  March 2019 without a virus was an absolute disaster for me - with a week to go I may actually do a little better this month than last year.

Message 58 of 136
latest reply

My sales are gone, eBay is not talking calls, I bet they do not suspend our fees. I think I am shutting down
Message 59 of 136
latest reply

@momogoodies1 wrote:
My sales are gone, eBay is not talking calls, I bet they do not suspend our fees. I think I am shutting down

@momogoodies1 

Ebay isn't taking anyone's call.  The call center was shut down over a week ago.  But you still can email them if you have an issue.  Click on the Help and Contact icon at the top of any page.  Drop to the bottom of the next page and there you will find the option to email customer service.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 60 of 136
latest reply