cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Coronavirus affecting anyone besides me, lowering your sales

Hi guys just curios my sales are very low right now. Does anyone have the same problem?

Message 1 of 136
latest reply
135 REPLIES 135

Re: Is Coronavirus affecting anyone besides me, lowering your sales

@mypostingid15 wrote:

Is Coronavirus affecting anyone

----------------------------------------------------------

Did it start spreading around April 2012?

Certainly sellers that are getting their listings closed for items Ebay announced are banned due to price gouging.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 136
latest reply

@reallyhardtofind wrote:

The only problem I've had is a buyer from Italy refused the parcel and now I'm waiting for it to be returned. His excuse was the virus and he said he no longer wanted the item. I can't wait to see what case they open soon.

They may decide they have more important issues to deal with and just let it go.

Message 17 of 136
latest reply

My sales have been done way before this virus - started with the GTC..

Message 18 of 136
latest reply

I'll be sending them refund minus shipping. Testing times indeed.

Message 19 of 136
latest reply

Yep, you would be crazy to buy anything made in China now. This is great for our country!

Message 20 of 136
latest reply

Selling stuff, but at low prices.
As there are cases now in my area, self quarantined in their homes, it’ll force me to stay home and finally list several hundred items I have in storage! Hopefully this outbreak will end in a month or 2.
Message 21 of 136
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@sin-n-dex wrote:

I suspect that the majority of my customers are pensioners who collect things and aren't worried about losing income from staying home.

There are other ways "pensioners" are losing money other than "staying home." See my earlier post. If "pensioners" have retirement savings and/or investment accounts invested in the United States' stock market, they're losing money while sitting in their living rooms. If they aren't worried about losing income from investment accounts, they should be. People who are still earning an income have an opportunity to recoup loses from a declining market as they continue to earn wages. Retired people don't have an opportunity to replenish their investment accounts with earned income.

@sin-n-dex wrote:

The good news is, as long as people are injured and there are lawsuits, I think my job is pretty safe.

That might be the first time I've seen "people [being] injured" as "good news," but there it is. 

Everyone I know is too poor to have any money invested in anything. The cost of living is high in Canada, and if you can retire without a mortgage, you might be able to live off the meagre Cdn pension. My father who is 71 is currently working because he has nothing to live on but CPP and Old Age Security.

As for the injuries... no it's not a good thing, and if you've seen what I've seen, you might be pretty upset. But these injuries are caused by someone's negligence and lawsuits start. I process all the paperwork relating to the liability insurance of the person who did wrongdoing.

C.

Message 22 of 136
latest reply

@flatwarepicker wrote:

Yep, you would be crazy to buy anything made in China now. This is great for our country!

We all buy stuff from China all the time.  Just look a little closer at stuff you purchase at the store.

Message 23 of 136
latest reply

I do. If it says Made In China I wont buy it !!!

Message 24 of 136
latest reply

@lawnmowerpartsstore2 wrote:

I do. If it says Made In China I wont buy it !!!

Most likely do not.

Message 25 of 136
latest reply

No problem selling items during the hype. All is well.

But...someone down the street did sneeze this morning.

Run.

Message 26 of 136
latest reply

@byrd69er wrote:

Run.

"HYPE"!

Is that what you say about the people that have died or their family, friends and love ones.  Don't worry about it as it is all just "hype".   All 4300+ of them worldwide.  

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

WHO declared this a Pandemic.  So where is the "hype"?

Message 27 of 136
latest reply

Thank you I will hope for better times
Message 28 of 136
latest reply

Run.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are trivializing something that could have dire consequences. Your dismissing of the issue suggests a lack of understanding of the scope and potential impact of the virus.
Message 29 of 136
latest reply

I'm not seeing a slow down in sales (I sell on other venues, one is doing very well). However, some of my regulars that 'chat' with me are very worried as some of the businesses they work in are going to shut their doors and send them home for 2 weeks or more.

I just chatted with one last night who said starting this Friday, they are home until further notice. They are negotiating pay while off, she's worried she won't be able to pay her mortgage if this continues. They already are a ghost town where she works, (Bartending for a big hotel), and hours already are slashed. Tips are non existent because they don't have any customers now.

Message 30 of 136
latest reply