cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HERE WE GO AGAIN. Item specifics missing and wrong

Check your listings.  I ALWAYS make sure I fill in all of my item specifics.  As we know Ebay programmers attempted a disastrous migration of item specifics .. Since then every other week there are issues. 

I just looked at my ebay page and out of 650 listings that ebay says I have.  Ebay has flagged 446 of the listings and put them in  purgatory.

I have been going through one by one , most of the item specifics that ebay claim I haven't filled out. Actually are filled out.  But ebay changed the prefilled option..

example.

shoes..  ebay used to have one of the styles as  "pumps,classics"

now the drop down options have replaced that with "pump"

however, ebay did not migrate the listings that has previously selected pumps classics. over to pump.. so now when buyers search using the left hand filters.. if they select pump.. your listing will not show up.. it is thrown into the unspecified category!..

Um. I'm pis***

Can other people check their listings and let me know if ebay has flagged most of your listings also..  thus making them less searchable and discoverable by buyers. 

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Not all but most of what they are suggesting are categories I added previously when setting up listings. The rest of the "suggested" requirements are things that could take major time to locate and confirm. Others I have no idea whatsoever. I keep running across measurements. Metric or Inches. Should be Metric or Imperial. Some of these listings they are asking for all the revisions I listed over a year ago. Have to dig out individually. My biggest concern is them adding something that doesn't match my item in the least and then as a seller getting a not as described. When they mess things up they do it very well.

Regards,

-Lotz

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

I'll start listing measurements in weird formats like furlongs and rods, etc.  

This GORGEOUS top has a bust size of 6561 quarks.  

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 17 of 35
latest reply

@lasantino 

@chapeau-noir 

The character family option comes up for phone cases/accessories routinely. I came across one on the weekend. Missing field was book title. Huhhhh. Major head scratcher. That field is an automatic. It may have even been a mandatory field originally.

-Lotz

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

I have a problem where there is some sort of default setting that auto populates the Character as “Blue” (I guess the dog from Blues Clues?!) if I ever put the color blue in my clothing title. On EVERY listing. I remove it over and over, but if I ever go back into a listing with blue color clothing to revise it for any reason, Character : Blue will auto populate  again. So frustrating! 

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

And any clothing item in a shade of pink is automatically populated as brand name Pink.  🙄

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 20 of 35
latest reply

There is something major going on in the backround...  not only are the specifics messed up..    Search is suddenly significantly worse than the normal terrible...

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

I’m having the same item specific issue. Having flashbacks to the missing size issue in October. I gave myself a migraine trying to go thru my items to fix them. Been having TERRIBLE sales the last week. I’m wondering if this is the culprit? How’s everyone else’s sales while this issue is going on? 

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

I agree, sales have been way better.  It takes way longer to re-list items now since I have to figure out how to fill in these ridiculous fields that nobody would care about....Character and Character family on a Women's sweater listing?  I mean, these are NOT kids clothes.  If you don't put something in those fields (and THEME too....another useless piece of info!), then the circle doesn't get filled up....these used to be optional, now they are recommended!  So stupid IMO!

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

It's not just in the clothing category. I just got a notice for 9 listings all in HOME & GARDEN and ELECTRONICS. I went through each one and everything that they say I am missing I have already put in. On top of this they added dozens and dozens of new specifics that they say need to be filled for ludicrous things and some I will not even be able to add.

EXAMPLE, I have a paper MANUAL in Electronics in the "MANUAL" subcategory but yet it is telling me I MUST add all this technical information as if my item were an actual piece of ELECTRONICS? Makes no sense. Another EXAMPLE, They are telling me to ADD THE SIZE of my item, YES I HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS, come to find out they CHANGED the sizes to Centimeters and there is no more options for STANDARD USA INCHES? I mean are you serious, I am not going to start measuring things in centimeters. I will just pull the listings and sell them somewhere else.

One final note, I added all of these item specifics they asked for again and received a message that they were updated only to log off and then log back on to find out they are all erased again. so I spent 20 minutes of my valuable time for nothing. they are all missing again with the same message that I need to add these specifics. I have had it with this stuff. I will not sell in any category that have these insane requirements anymore.

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

I had 45 items flagged.  I went through them yesterday and each said updated.  THis morning they are still there.  When I go into them the updates are there for some and not for others.

I just went through them all again.  FOr the LAST TIME.  IDK what is going on but it is a PITA having to do triple work on the same issues.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 25 of 35
latest reply

I've seen multiple posts like this one. Paging an ebay employee to make sure they know about it.

tyler@ebay 

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

@mynewfindstore wrote:

I agree, sales have been way better.  It takes way longer to re-list items now since I have to figure out how to fill in these ridiculous fields that nobody would care about....Character and Character family on a Women's sweater listing?  I mean, these are NOT kids clothes.  If you don't put something in those fields (and THEME too....another useless piece of info!), then the circle doesn't get filled up....these used to be optional, now they are recommended!  So stupid IMO!

I don't bother with those weird IS's - they're irrelevant. I also ignore the warnings and indicators that nothing will ever be found again if I don't fill in character theme for a piece of adult clothing...because who is going to be looking for a 'Frozen' theme in a button-down shirt?! 

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 27 of 35
latest reply

I am more than annoyed by this in particular.  Most clothing items do not have a character or a theme. WHY WHY WHY is this in the recommended section EBAYYYYYYYYY

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

because some do have a character or a theme and that will be one of the filters? 

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

because some do have a character or a theme and that will be one of the filters? 

@dhbookds 

Could be.  However, what about the "soon to be required" section?

Someone elsewhere posted a screen shot of the soon to be required IS for plants, seeds, bulbs.   You know that stuff you plant in the ground or in pots...???

Soon to be required was  STYLE   First few in the dropdown were:  

Wait for it

Animal Print
Antique style
Art Nouveau
Baroque/Rococo
Bauhaus
Braided

I think you are also going to soon be required to select a room:

bedroom

bathroom

kitchen
etc.  

I will certainly be filtering for only Art Deco seeds for my bathroom...

Message 30 of 35
latest reply