cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never sold on Ebay Now I want to start.

I get the unit all loaded and hit the button to list it and I'm told my LIMIT needs an increase but no mention of where to go for that

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@patrickheglund 

Have you signed up for Managed Payments so you can be paid?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@patrickheglund wrote:

I get the unit all loaded and hit the button to list it and I'm told my LIMIT needs an increase but no mention of where to go for that

Selling limits

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/listings/selling-limits?id=4107&st=12&pos=1&query=Selling%20limits&... 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Sell your first item then the limit will increased automatically up to some amount. (according to my experience)

Enroll your self in the eBay seller school program. you will find all the details clearly from the eBay experts. 

Happy Selling!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Your listings will increase automatically in time, as you get sales. Or you can call and ask for an increase.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

New sellers generally have limits on the number of items they can list as well as the value. EBay does this for both eBay's protection as well as the sellers. Since this is your first attempt at listing something i am guessing you are attempting to list an expensive item of some type. 

You should know that as a new seller you will be a favorite target for the scammers out there. What are you trying to sell and what are you using for the starting price?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Yes I have come to the conclusion that my first item (electric motors value $175) is a no-go because I have never sold any of the $5 items to prove my worth.     When all is said and done my geographical position in Canada and this "Limit increase" thing will be a permanent barrier.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

The limits rise quickly, over a 2-3 month period.

Why not hang in there, if you think there’s money to be made? Or was this more a 1 or 2 item thing? That’s a different situation.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

This is a good place to start:

https://sellerschool.ebay.com/

A very helpful tool that teaches you what you need to know about being a seller.  Good luck should you choose to enroll. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@patrickheglund 

Have you tried listing the item on the eBay Canada site?

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply