cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD TIL CANCELED A VERY BAD IDEA

I have never posted a thread before until now. This idea has to be one of EBAY's worst ever.

we constantly are running 7 and 10 days auctions and re-listing them. Simply because of the

fact that people see an item, put it in their watch list, and we always get lots of action the last

24-48 hours before it ends. And if they miss it, sometimes they come back to the new listing

when we start it back up. WOW, this is a really dumb idea.....do you hear me EBAY??

Please send some feedback, whether you agree or not....I'm talking to sellers like me.

Thank you!        P.S.         I could live with -one-  other option like 10 day or 15 day.

Message 1 of 165
latest reply
164 REPLIES 164

Re: GOOD TIL CANCELED A VERY BAD IDEA

Yes...and I'm one of them!! Bye Bye eBay!!
Message 121 of 165
latest reply

Isn't this sad!!! I small too so this will hurt, cost me the tiny profit I Might make and not worth all the effort!
Message 122 of 165
latest reply

If you read all the complaints you'd see how this hurts thousands of us!! I'm a small seller and this will push me out after 18 years!!
Message 123 of 165
latest reply

You are 100% right!! And eBay is not listening! Waiting for someone to file a lawsuit over their "unethical" practices! Basically Discrimination against small sellers! I'm going to check out selling on another site...done with eBay and I know they don't care!
Message 124 of 165
latest reply

Can you tell us the way to get around the new theme & be able to use the old methold? Thank you!

Message 125 of 165
latest reply

Maybe they are trying to get rid of us small fry's so they can give it all to the big enchilada's!
I used to have a store but every time I put more items up they cut free listings so I couldn't relist every month.
Seems there is one thing after another....anybody for a tater tot? lol Cheer up everyone, maybe they will get the message...ha
Message 126 of 165
latest reply

General Reply.

We are watching our items closely, so we can end the GTC relists.

The relists are Coming in the next two days. We will end a bunch tomorrow. 

Think those alone would put us over our free 50 for the month. ( and put us in fee territory for low $ items) 

We got a few listed right before the GTC went into effect.

So, in a couple of days, we think we are going to see the community explode with all the sellers who didn't realize GTC was coming.

This should be interesting,

Message 127 of 165
latest reply

Oh yeah, don't forget the connection between ebay and Paypal is going to end also so get educated about that too! It will cause problems for me for sure! Just a heads up....
Message 128 of 165
latest reply

You need to read the Legal section of the User Agreement. You agreed to binding arbitration and NO class action suits.

Message 129 of 165
latest reply

Sometimes ebay gets things right, like Global Shipping, and sometimes they do things that are blazingly stupid, like forced GTC. Didn't they get sued for this a few years back? Why are they ramming this **bleep** down our throats? I've been a member since '03 and have put up with a lot of their bad ideas (like the feedback system) but this is enough for me. I have designed my business to be run my way, on my schedule. If you take that away from me then ebay has become truly worthless and not worth what I pay for the service. I will upgrade my website and find other selling vehicles. As every business person should know, if you no longer get a satisfactory ROI you abandon the concept and try something else. Nice job shooting yourself in the foot ebay!!!!
Message 130 of 165
latest reply

It's all about making money, and I'm not talking about us sellers.

Message 131 of 165
latest reply

We Have Until 2021 For the Paypal managed Payment Stuff, So Not worried about that, Not Worried about Fees I pay For a Store so I have Free Listings anyway. BUT If I am Not Selling Then Keeping the Store is a Waste of Money. EBAY PLEASE WAKE UP and GIVE SMALL SELLERS The Choice Of Duration 3,5,7,10,30 or GTC if People Want it. LET the Big Bulk Sellers who it works for Have it. THIS is What You Have Ebay That Is Unique, Antiques and Collectibles, Amazon DOES NOT HAVE THAT..

Message 132 of 165
latest reply

@waldoneatsie wrote:
Same here and I'm an small seller so the fees are an issue. Cheaper items fees add up fast because things don't always sell for a few months and if you offer free shipping you go in the whole so Why Bother!! Think this is the end of Ebay for me!!

So then don't offer free shipping, problem solved.

Message 133 of 165
latest reply

Can you let us know how you figured out a way to still use the old set up? That would certainly help a lot of us until they find a way to stop it. Thank you!

Message 134 of 165
latest reply

On NONE of the sites I sell on has free shipping ever made a difference or made the items sell.  Conversely, listing it separately make sales skyrocket.  I guess folks like to see how much is item price and how much is postage.

Message 135 of 165
latest reply