cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to use terrible new listing tool!

It seems the option to revert back to the original listing tool is gone! I absolutely hate this new listing tool I cannot use it. I have sent so many messages and feedback trying to get them to fix all the problems. This is just awful, I don't know why they do this. Everything is taking me so long.

Message 1 of 130
latest reply
129 REPLIES 129

@gear-house wrote:

Yeah, not as bad as I thought. It had tons of problems several months ago and they seemed to have fixed the biggest ones. 

For myself, the biggest issue is how slow it is, especially when I have to wait to fill in "item details", and that has not changed.  

Message 16 of 130
latest reply

Years of muscle memory and speed listing skills destroyed. I am so glad I don't have any huge stacks of like items to process right now. 

Message 17 of 130
latest reply

I'm noticing that. Very slow seems to be the problem now. Earlier versions were destroying the HTML code and that's what was really bothering me, but they seemed to have fixed that. But slow.

Message 18 of 130
latest reply

Not only that, but I had lots of macros set-up for my keyboard where I could just type a four-letter code and it would fill out item specifics with common types I have. All ruined.  But oh well, I have just to figure out the new one I guess.

Message 19 of 130
latest reply

I wouldn't find it so bad if my descriptions stopped completely disappearing. 

Message 20 of 130
latest reply

SO MANY DROPDOWNS! UGH! I can type 10X faster than selecting a dropdown choice!  First change should be UPC first. Why is this buried so far down? Should'nt  this be the starting point for media listings?

Message 21 of 130
latest reply

I can no longer go back to the old listing format. Just changed on me today. slow going for just 4 items I scheduled.

I guess we will get use to it, we always do since we have no recourse.

I have a question I have not figured out yet. I use to be able to save a newly created listing to a template after I scheduled the listing live. Now I do not see a "save as template" to click on?

I can create a template from scratch, but where is the old option to save a new template based on a new listing? any help is appreciated!

Message 22 of 130
latest reply

Personally, I've never used any of eBay's listing tools.  Originally I was using Turbo Lister which was free and then they phased it out.

At that time I signed up with SixBit for 14.95 per month and imported all of my files.  Don't know if they still have the 14.95 program.  Might want to check.

Since day 1 selling on eBay I have found that listing software solves a lot of the problems I have read about that are associated with eBay's  listing tools.

SixBit allows me to edit and save my listings offline and upload them when I decide to.  It has inventory control features and updates item specifics and category changes on a daily basis.

Their customer support is great and you always hear back within a day when you are confused or having any kind of issues.

No, I don't work for SixBit.

Message 23 of 130
latest reply

Yes, I can no longer go back to classic tool on this account.  Can on another smaller account.  The slow down in creating listings is very very noticeable. Nearly all my items are one-offs that many specifics vary a lot between each one.  

What is killing my productivity is the fact that I now HAVE TO CLICK and then get a pop-up to interact with  on every single items specific in order to type in a value.  I want direct entry back!  I am figuring about 3 to 1  increase in mouse actions per field for me.

Sure, they populate a few pre-selected common choices for the specifics to click on but less than 25% of the time they are the choice I need.  Not only that, but I now have to jump back and forth between the mouse and the keyboard between every field instead of just typing away while tabbing through each field.

Why in the world did they move item specifics direct entry down one level deeper?  In older iterations of the new tool there was a link that switched me over to a different screen view that had every available specific with a direct entry field to type in.  I could live with that... but don't see that choice any more.  Am I missing it?

One level deeper with all extra associated clicks and scrolling for every field is now required unless you agree with the pre-populated choices.  

I am very depressed right now having over 100 new unique items to list with this new forced tool in my face. I will write back next week when I get them all entered.  Better order a new mouse now cause it's clicker is going to wear out!  UGH.

Message 24 of 130
latest reply

It switched for us today as well.

It's mind boggling. 

How could they have decided to push this through?

The design is amatuer at best. It's not responsive design and doesn't scale to screen sizes, rather it just uses the same alignment for desktop or mobile. Literally making an intentional choice to avoid the modern design standards that have been made over the last 10 years (much the same as this forum...)

Any software designer can see the obvious issues, and obvious ways to improve. Any one whos specialty is UI/UX would be disappointed by how horrible the experience is.

They had to ignore feedback from HUNDREDS (or more) sellers in order to push this through.

I've known people who have had meetings with them regarding this and have passed feedback.

Yet eBay still goes through with it, all the problems still existing.

It's absolutely sad that most of the issues could be solved by a single frontend developer with only an intermediate level of experience, let alone someone who is accomplished in UI/UX.

Just another implementation that begs the question "What in the world are they thinking?!?!"

Message 25 of 130
latest reply

I'm a media seller also, and my starting point was always scanning the barcode and letting the pre-filled title fill out and edit as necessary.  I guess we can't do this anymore?  As far as I know I now have to type the entire title myself and fill in barcode later?  Really adding a ton of time to listing.

Message 26 of 130
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

eBay's roll-outs are always rough.  Be sure to send in feedback, they've contacted me before about my feedback so it's not useless to do it.

ETA:  I agree the classic tool was better and using both mobile and desktop myself, I don't think eBay has a clue how to scale anything to both unlike every other platform I use (well, Etsy was pretty bad, too - may be it has improved).

In my experience, feedback has been ignored, even after zoom calls with them, lol.

That said, the most frustrating thing about this is what you said in the last paragraph there. It's not even hard to scale to both!!! There's tools that have been standard for 10+ years now that make it dead simple. It'd take less than a single day of work to improve the page for any frontend designer who has experience in frontend design.

This means the decision has to have been intentional... Which just begs the question why??? I don't know why eBay always has to be the ones to trip themselves up...

Message 27 of 130
latest reply

They even have it on sell similar tool. Ebay changes the listing format on that to. I haven't used this newer version but it still looks to be a lot of work. Last time with the option I switched back to the original listing tool, there was just to much work. Took more time deleting the information that didn't go with what I was listing then it did listing the item.

Message 28 of 130
latest reply

@detroitvintagemodern wrote:

I wouldn't find it so bad if my descriptions stopped completely disappearing. 

@detroitvintagemodern- if you come up with a blank description  revising a listing, you can see it by hitting "show all options" on the top right of the description window.  For missing template descriptions use the left drop-down.  It's silly, I know.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 29 of 130
latest reply

Yes yes yes! It takes 2x-3x longer to fight with item specifics with all the clicks and popup boxes! Then you have to hit the stupid plus sign or it erased what you typed! Just let us type in what we want like adults. 

The shipping section just got better last week...... By making it more like the classic! It was classic for a reason- it worked well. 

I have found that I am just ignoring the prepopulated item specifics and just leaving them in even though they are wrong. I just don't care. The search engine has gotten worse year over year since they abandoned a key word search and went with item specifics search.  Probably because they can't control the item specifics. People spam them and just ignore them also. Search engine is fed garbage so it puts out garbage..... Of course the promoted listings push has made the search practically worthless & irrelevant now anyway.... 

Message 30 of 130
latest reply