cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to use terrible new listing tool!

It seems the option to revert back to the original listing tool is gone! I absolutely hate this new listing tool I cannot use it. I have sent so many messages and feedback trying to get them to fix all the problems. This is just awful, I don't know why they do this. Everything is taking me so long.

Message 1 of 130
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Okay, after a few days of using here's my new opinion -- not nearly as bad as I thought. A few months ago it was destroying HTML and also forcing the use of product catalog and I couldn't find a way to opt out, they seemed to have fixed that. I also like how when you opt out of the catalog it doesn't erase all your item specifics and make you start over, I have been complaining about that for years.

But it does seem a little slow, I don't know why they moved UPC from top to bottom and I keep forgetting to change that when using sell similar. I also don't like how the selected item specifics are hidden from view, this is confusing. I also don't like the 3-step process of being able to see the HTML.  And the system for entering MPN is really clunky.

But overall I think it's just a matter of getting a rhythm down and learning the new system.  I think I can hack it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 40 of 130
latest reply
129 REPLIES 129

@gear-house 

Did ebay automatically change your listing tool to the new listing tool?

or you changed to the new listing tool by yourself??

because i still using the old listing tool.

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 2 of 130
latest reply

same with me, it was changed today with no option of going back to the old form.  The new one is AWFUL

Message 3 of 130
latest reply

It seems the option to revert back to the original listing tool is gone! 

@gear-house 

You are likely correct.  As it was rolled out to sellers there was once a link to revert back.  Once that is gone apparently you are in for life now, or until they come up with a new one. 

Your other option, may be to use a "pay" service to list eBay items instead.  It is late for me and I am tired so the only names that come to mind are SixBit and Auctiva, but I am sure there are more. 

OR

Perhaps some diversification is in order if you need to use a 'marketplace venue' where the forms are more simplified.  

When enough people simply quit listing, perhaps eBay will take note.  Nobody likes change in the first place, but change for the worse is definitely annoying.  It has never been a good idea for any website to change the customer interface in such a manner, but for some reason eBay always seems to have a need to do so. 

Message 4 of 130
latest reply

@gear-house wrote:

It seems the option to revert back to the original listing tool is gone! I absolutely hate this new listing tool I cannot use it. I have sent so many messages and feedback trying to get them to fix all the problems. This is just awful, I don't know why they do this. Everything is taking me so long.

You should still have access at the top of the page to revert back using the 3 dots. As a side. It's almost unanimous. Most Canadians don't like the new tool either. And we hardly ever complain about anything!!! Normally!!! 

-Lotz

Message 5 of 130
latest reply

I have some 30 day fixed priced listings as my normal listings and encountered this new listing tool tonight.  I have only managed to get 2 listings done.  So many crashes and refreshing that everything I entered is gone.  I'm giving up for now.  In the amount of time that I have spent on this new system by now I would have 70-100 listings done with the old listing tool.  

Congrats ebay on rolling out a product that is not ready.  Guess they really don't need those FVFs to keep operating?  You would think a company the size of ebay would have this figured out and how to roll out a new product without it being junk.

Message 6 of 130
latest reply

@gear-house wrote:

I have sent so many messages and feedback trying to get them to fix all the problems. 

Why are you wasting your time sending messages to Ebay?  They know that most people, especially desktop users, all agree that the new listing tool is awful.  We have all sent in our criticisms of the design and the constant minor glitches.  They don't give a rat's derriere.

Message 7 of 130
latest reply

Although I agree that the new listing tool is pretty kludgy (I was in on the beta testing and made my displeasure known - it has improved since then), I also believe that the biggest obstacle in dealing with it is the seller themself.  Just knuckle down and start learning it because we're stuck with - it took me all of four or five listings to get it generally down, and maybe another few to get up to speed. That's before they fixed the shipping portion which has improved (and was one of the problems).  Yes, there are problems, we all know that, but you'll catch onto it faster than you think!

eBay's roll-outs are always rough.  Be sure to send in feedback, they've contacted me before about my feedback so it's not useless to do it.

ETA:  I agree the classic tool was better and using both mobile and desktop myself, I don't think eBay has a clue how to scale anything to both unlike every other platform I use (well, Etsy was pretty bad, too - may be it has improved).

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 130
latest reply

They automatically change it.  They just changed it on me today, I have avoided using it and now they altered it so now the new crappy listing tool is the only thing that comes up.

Message 9 of 130
latest reply

No, I believe you are incorrect in what ebay's goals are.

Ebay doesnt care if sellers leave.  Not at all.  In fact every change they have touted to make the selling experience better, is regarded by most sellers as not making it better, but making it worse.

They are making selling here worse, on purpose, to have low value, low dollar item sellers decide to self-remove themselves off the ebay platform.  They don't want most of the sellers here.  Most sellers are low value, low dollar item category of sellers.  They don't want that.  So they are making it more frustrating and difficult to sell here, and the goal is to have those particular sellers decide its time to leave.  Add in all their policies that place financial risk always on the seller, even though its an equivalent trade transaction, and more sellers decide its too risky to sell here anymore.

This is all by the ebay board's design.

Message 10 of 130
latest reply

It changed me automatically. Yesterday I was using the old one, today the new one came with no option to swtich. 

It's not that bad though. 

Message 11 of 130
latest reply

Well it's actually not as bad as I thought, they seemed to have fixed several of the problems that were really bothering me. I guess I better get busy trying to wrap my head around this 🙂

Message 12 of 130
latest reply

Yeah, not as bad as I thought. It had tons of problems several months ago and they seemed to have fixed the biggest ones. 

Message 13 of 130
latest reply

@gear-house wrote:

Yeah, not as bad as I thought. It had tons of problems several months ago and they seemed to have fixed the biggest ones. 

The first version was awful, yes, so it has improved.  They just fixed the shipping portion very recently, and I figure more changes are coming down the pike.  It's this way with every single roll-out, I swear. The shipping page was like this, and seller hub was a mess until they finally fixed it, the item specifics, now the listing form.  I try  every single new function they develop straight away, and it's always the same. Almost unusable, so I revert, then I try it again some months later - OK, it's a bit better but still too inefficient - then I try a few months later and it's finally usable. This seems to be following the same pattern.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 130
latest reply

@gear-house 

>It seems the option to revert back to the original listing tool is gone

You can try this,

https://www.ebay.com/mys/overview

The links to various selling pages are on the left side under "Selling". I open each page (Sold, Active, Scheduled, etc.) in a new tab and just navigate between tabs. Works for me. Try it. You might like it.

BTW, I haven't used an eBay listing page in years. I just bring up a closed or current listing and use "Sell similar", editing the item to match the parameters of the new listing. No fiddling with constantly-changing eBay listing pages. The listing also gets a new item number and the "New listing" tag when posted. HTH.

Message 15 of 130
latest reply