cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to use terrible new listing tool!

It seems the option to revert back to the original listing tool is gone! I absolutely hate this new listing tool I cannot use it. I have sent so many messages and feedback trying to get them to fix all the problems. This is just awful, I don't know why they do this. Everything is taking me so long.

Message 1 of 130
latest reply
129 REPLIES 129

Re: Forced to use terrible new listing tool!

I haven't used Firefox in probably 10 years. I'm currently weaning myself off Google Chrome and Google Search. I've gone to Safari and DuckDuckGo. I may try Firefox as many of my photos are my own stock photos for repeat items. I've gotta feeling the older photos are not going to upload properly. Thanks!

Message 91 of 130
latest reply

I have a 'Promotional shipping rule' setup and I can't figure out how to view with this new listing format. You can't click on it so anyone know how to see the details to make sure it carried over from the older listing format? 

Message 92 of 130
latest reply

If you want to get back to the Classic listing tool use this link and save it in your bookmarks:

https://bulksell.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList&sellingMode=AddItem&forceTool=CUB

It works for now but for how long it will last before the developers block it I do not know

Message 93 of 130
latest reply

I got forcibly switched over as well.  Did everyone or are some people still on the old tool?  My main problem with it is my item specifics keep disappearing after they're already entered.  For instance, if I go from a template or copy another draft, then edit the new draft and add title details, the item specifics that are already in place just get wiped out.  It's super annoying and inhibitive, slows things down.

Unfortunately, every time ebay switches listing tools you can expect to be slowed down for a while by the bugs and unnecessary changes.

Message 94 of 130
latest reply

I'm having those issues too, especially when one Item Specific has numerous things to add to it. It's very frustrating and much slower than it used to be. If I could switch back I would but it's not happening.

Message 95 of 130
latest reply

Best thing ever is when you upload photos and get everything all set, then submit it -- the photos are mysteriously GONE or corrupted.

Freakin' awesome. 😕

Seriously, how many of you list using your phone or a tablet? I'm curious. I sure as hell don't.

Message 96 of 130
latest reply

bajrboy: I've had that same problem with photos. I can't imagine anyone that's doing much of anything at all using a tablet or phone. 

Message 97 of 130
latest reply

An update should streamline listing and make things faster. I feel like we are beta testing a game and have to suffer less sales because proper testing was not done. this is unacceptable.

Message 98 of 130
latest reply

Just walk away.  Start your own website and use Paypal.

Message 99 of 130
latest reply

18 years on this zoo and this one move is the worse one by eBay!!! 

Message 100 of 130
latest reply

No, no. I meant because they're forcing a terrible phone/tablet UI on desktop users that have better things to do with their time rather than go back and wait for UI elements to fail to load randomly, discard their changes, corrupt their photos, discard their entire description because they *DARED* to click outside of the box when the description box wasn't paying attention...

🙄

Message 101 of 130
latest reply

Agree 100%.  It is an absolute disaster.  Besides all of technical faults, it is a human factors nightmare. My new listing time has tripled.  Even revising a listing is time consuming.

I just wish Ebay would stop "trying " to "improve" itself. 

Message 102 of 130
latest reply

LOL People were complaining about the new payment system. Didn’t like it so much but I move on…. But this, it’s horrendous - Especially the shipping options. But globally the idiot proof layout

Message 103 of 130
latest reply

My listing templates, that used to save me so much time, are now pretty much useless. I can no longer just type in an item I'm selling and have much of the information filled in for me.  I am so sick of ebay and their heavy handed "improvements"

Message 104 of 130
latest reply

I can't find it either and I find that exceptionally annoying. This new selling format takes much more time and it does not appear to be set up with options to increase efficiency.

Message 105 of 130
latest reply