cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

When buyers forget to provide feedback, is it OK to send them a feedback request?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Feedback

@super_goods_599 

Saw a neg once that said something like "here's the feedback you pestered me for"

Feedback is voluntary and would prefer the Buyer leave NONE vs something like the above.   ymmv

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

I just send a note in the package along with the packing slip that says along the lines of..thanks for the purchase if there are any problems please contact me first to resolve the issue before opening a case, and if everything is good please leave me a positive feedback and I will do the same. Then I usually get maybe 1 out of 5 or 6 people leave me a positive feedback. 

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Buyers don’t usually “forget” to leave FB. If you continue to pester them you may very well receive a big fat red doughnut that says “here’s the feedback you harassed me for.” EBay may or may not remove that if you request it. It will remain on your profile for a year and make you look like a difficult seller. Are you not aware it has always been voluntary?

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

Sadly, requesting feedback can lead to unintended consequences.  

The seller will report you to eBay for “Feedback Manipulation” (yes, it’s a thing) and you will end up losing.  

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

I give sellers 30 days to leave feedback for me.  I don’t ask.  After that, they get the feedback I leave…and they won’t like it.  

eBay will side with me 100% of the time for the seller’s “Lack of communication.”

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

That is so wrong.

Yup, username checks out.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 22 of 28
latest reply

@super_goods_599  Hello, It is ok to send a feedback reminder but I would not. If they do not leave feedback i suggest that you let it be. Good luck with your sales

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Thank You!

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

In the early days of eBay buyers and sellers communicated more than they do today. I would not be offended if I bought something, had neglected to leave feedback, and the seller pinged me to ask why.

I always leave prompt feedback for sellers after they have left me feedback, and the item arrives in good condition and as described.

That's how it is supposed to work as we all build our reputations here.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

I give sellers 30 days to leave feedback for me.  I don’t ask.  After that, they get the feedback I leave…and they won’t like it.  

You leave neutral feedbacks for perfectly satisfactory transactions because the seller does not leave you feedback?

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

It's nice that YOU wouldn't be offended if asked for feedback.  However, you are not necessarily speaking for all the other buyers here who might be annoyed and would allow the FB they leave to reflect that.  

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply