cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store category search acting wonky

This started happening around 26 Feb 2023 and continues to happen intermittently. When I go  to my

store and click on a category and then on a listing in that category, the listing that appears is to an entirely 

differently listing. An example - I click on My category Europe coins , click on Germany, then click on a 1978 F

1 deutsche mark coin-- the results show a 1974 Columbia 20 centavos coin. No matter what coin I seem

to click on it shows me a different one of my coins. Extremely frustrating as I normally go to my store and

use a listing I already have to copy (sell similar) to list new coins. There was another thread with this

topic, but it seemed like this issue had been solved yesterday. Apparently, it's raising it's ugly head again.

Regards

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@krazy4koins    let us know, please........

cache problem isn't really a work around, tho......   just means the browser for some reason is picking up old information. 

The fact that you saw it "correctly" for a day, make me doubt cache is the problem........but it's always a good place to start to see what's going on............

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

This is a known recent glitch affecting many sellers and there have been multiple threads related to the issue.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

It was fixed

devon@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

Can either of what update us- was fixed and now not, again?? 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

It was fixed

devon@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

Can either of what update us- was fixed and now not, again?? 

Hey @stainlessenginecovers! I took a look through our open tickets this morning and appears that this one no longer shows up and reflects as resolved. If @krazy4koins is still running into this issue I recommend reaching out to customer support to have a ticket open for their individual account to have this resolved as soon as our Tech Team can look into it. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Interesting,...........both Better half and I checked the OP's store/categories, etc last nite and confirmed that clicking on the listings, as he described.......showed a different listing.....  Different computers/browsers....

This morn........same tests shows no problems, i.e. clicking into the listing shows the correct item.......

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Search is not fixed no matter what they claim. Here is an example from my store. Same result of 0 in both app and website. 0 results despite having at least 7 items with this word or phrase in main title. If Ebay claims they fixed it then probably for fav sellers and not all. So the search by part numbers is not working either. To get search for some of vanity mirrors I had to search very general „mirror” word and not all of them came up either but got all kinds of mirrors like side and rearview also. That mess is intentional. This way ebau]y can claim more in suggested ad rate if they pull all types of mirrors and not just vanity. They will not fix that ever.66EF8A01-56D3-477B-9B7E-00A62B7EC17D.jpegBEBBEA7E-924F-4678-9DE5-EDE6C4C9B997.jpegA12DA2FE-E8A6-4FFD-BB77-212423266E11.jpeg

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@partfinds  Just to be clear, the search issue you are describing is not even remotely similar to the search issue the OP is discussing. His issue does to appear to be fixed, for the moment at least.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@partfinds 

Could you check Seller Hub/active listings and see if keyword search for vanity there shows anything?

And could you add your experience to this thread on the Tech board?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/store-keyword-search-is-still-not-working/...

What the OP reported in this thread was different..........in his case clicking on an item in his store actually opened a different item listing....... i.e. clicking on a Mercury dime listing.......opened an Indian head nickel listing... (not a literal example)...........

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@dhbookds „

@sustainable-recycling 

Could you check Seller Hub/active listings and see if keyword search for vanity there shows anything?

And could you add your experience to this thread on the Tech board?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/store-keyword-search-is-still-not-working/...

What the OP reported in this thread was different..........in his case clicking on an item in his store actually opened a different item listing....... i.e. clicking on a Mercury dime listing.......opened an Indian head nickel listing... (not a literal example)...........”

No , the posted screenshots are from active  in the hub. I reported that while ago in technical issue and by using comments/feedback in the seller hub. This is just one example. I constantly ran into search being wonky. I even had problem finding item in another seller store I bought from. This is serious but Ebay doesn’t bother fixing which means it is intentional.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Oh. I thought is is about wonky search and not just that particular type. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for checking out this situation with the listings. I appreciate it. 

As of this time, It appears that all is working properly again.😀 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Well all ebayites, I am beyond frustration at this point. The problem with the store listings reared its

ugly and vicious head again this morning. I had no problem for the last 24 hours prior to this morning 3/4/2023. I suspect it has something to do with the new quick view feature but I'm not an IT type.

This problem not only affects my ability to use items in my store as quasi templates (use similar function),

it has impacted my sales over this past 7 day period. I am experiencing about a 80% decline in sales during this period. I Hope they can fix this problem.

Regards

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@krazy4koins 

I'm not seeing the problem today.........checked via Store categories, and see the quick view.......but both it and clicking on "view details" show the correct listing that I clicked on........ also, just a straight click, closing quick view) is correct. 

Perhaps others will test and say what they get.......

I'm wondering yours could be a cache problem........can you reboot browser or try a different one? 

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Thank-you so much for going the "extra mile" and investigating this issue. You might have

a work around with cache problem  trouble shooting. I'll give it a try.

Thank-you and regards,

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@krazy4koins    let us know, please........

cache problem isn't really a work around, tho......   just means the browser for some reason is picking up old information. 

The fact that you saw it "correctly" for a day, make me doubt cache is the problem........but it's always a good place to start to see what's going on............

Message 15 of 18
latest reply