cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

Why do so few people leave Feedback ?  I think buyer should do it first; that tells me they are happy with the item - then I can say how wonderful they are !  If I do it first - still no feedback !  This trend seems to be getting worse !

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Feedback

As a seller, I always leave feedback. For me, I leave feedback as soon as the buyer pays. I expect them to leave feedback once they get the item. I like to leave feedback right after they pay for a couple of reasons. One,,they've paid and I appreciate and that lets them know that. And second, it helps me keep things straight on myself as far as what is paid, what am I waiting for payment on, and the feedback to be left numbers can all match up accordingly. That just works for me. 🙂

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

Well this is something l would like to address as a customer service area .  As soon as a buyer buys an item from me I thank them for their purchase , and let them know l will update the tracking as soon as the label is printed . Next l follow the item as its being mailed via the postal service it was shipped through. as soon as the item reaches the buyer l send another email letting the buyer  know that l have seen the item has been delivered and l hope that it meets their expectations  and if there are any issues please contact me before leaving negative feed back,and l look forward to any positive feedback, then 2 days later l leave the buyer positive feed back regardless if L get feedback or not ,,I believe in quality customer service with or with out a buyers feedback,

Message 17 of 44
latest reply

@mistwomandancing wrote:

@anna-the-goose wrote:

Why do so few people leave Feedback ?  I think buyer should do it first; that tells me they are happy with the item - then I can say how wonderful they are !  If I do it first - still no feedback !  This trend seems to be getting worse !

MANY are just hoping the *feedback thing* would just go away completely!  It can't really be counted on to give an accurate assessment of either buying or selling members since it can STILL be so easily abused and manipulated, and in the end.. all it amounts to is that little Gold Star you got on your chart in kindergarten when you'd remembered to brush your teeth and clean your fingernails that morning before school in the olden days, when personal hygene and grooming were considered good steps to learn early.

How many actually fill out those **How Are We Doing** cards that we find on restaurant tables or in our motel rooms when we travel?  How many of us write a little note to the store manager to let him know our buying experience was excellent, and we were very pleased with the merchandise we bought and the service of the cashier?  And how many of those stores write up a review on us, as shoppers there?  "Poor customer.. left half-fill shopping cart in the middle of an aisle and just left!"  or  "Wonderful customer!  Paid promptly at checkout and didn't hold up the line by writing a check or chatting up the cashier about the weather for too many minutes!" 

Please, eBay.  Dump the entire antiquated feedback system and just go to an overall transaction count if you feel the need.

It is the feedback left for sellers that can clue you to how the buyer will behave and also to what you can expect from a seller; it is part of buyer due diligence as the feedback comments may reveal a pattern of bad behavior that will tell you to expect problems if you buy from them, so you can make an informed decision to buy elsewhere.  I always check seller feedback comments before buying and it has saved me from making a bad decision many times.

Message 18 of 44
latest reply

I leave feedback when I ship-- because I don't track and it's an easy way to inform my customer that their items are on the way.

A little stroking and egoboo comes into too.

About three out of five leave feedback-- but that's going back to 2003.

Feedback is a relic of the early days of the internet when customers were nervous of buying from strangers thousands of miles away.

Today's customer has been using the internet since she was 12. She's comfortable with it and used to buying online from hobby sellers in Tuktoyaktuk and from Nieman Marcus.

It's voluntary.

When I think about it, I'm not sure if I leave FB because I am old and set in my ways or as a way of keeping track of how many sales I've had over the decades.

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

@erika-evohle0

..few hours later i recieve a message on my account requesting me to remove my negative feedback, ... offering me 5 pounds in exchange to remove ... looked more like a bribe to prevent any negative feedback...

At the moment im completly under the believe that feedbacks on ebay are only allowed if they are positive...

The offer came from the seller.

Did eBay remove the feedback?

Message 20 of 44
latest reply

I am in Canada and buy stuff from all over the world. American vendors are the worst at feed back. They wait until I leave feedback before they post theirs. Excuse me but I paid right away.  Give me my + feedback then I will give you yours when I get the goods. 99% of vendors fron China give INSTANT feed back.

AS a buyer I only leave feedback after I get it because I upheld my end of the bargain first and that should be a rule on Ebay

Message 21 of 44
latest reply

Many sellers may express their gratitude for you having posted your opinion here.  If you ever happen to try to buy from them sometime in the future, you may find that you are unable to.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 22 of 44
latest reply

@donald3 wrote:

I am in Canada and buy stuff from all over the world. American vendors are the worst at feed back. They wait until I leave feedback before they post theirs. Excuse me but I paid right away.  Give me my + feedback then I will give you yours when I get the goods. 99% of vendors fron China give INSTANT feed back.

AS a buyer I only leave feedback after I get it because I upheld my end of the bargain first and that should be a rule on Ebay

Do all Canadian buyers think this way (i.e. think their side of the transaction is just clicking “Pay”)?

And LOL at wanting US sellers to do what Chinese sellers do.

Message 23 of 44
latest reply

As a new seller, I agree! When I purchase something I get fast positive feedback but I've sold a few items now (no returns) and they left nothing !!! I thought this was the "ebay" way ???!!!!
Message 24 of 44
latest reply

@queenofalltradez wrote:
As a new seller, I agree! When I purchase something I get fast positive feedback but I've sold a few items now (no returns) and they left nothing !!! I thought this was the "ebay" way ???!!!!

You’ve received 9 and left 10. I don’t see the problem, especially since, as has been frequently pointed out, it’s VOLUNTARY.

Message 25 of 44
latest reply

I agree with you feedback should be a courtesy everyone just DOES! a lot of sellers have great items but we can't get customers because of lack of feedback
Message 26 of 44
latest reply

@ms_liberty_101 wrote:

Well this is something l would like to address as a customer service area .  As soon as a buyer buys an item from me I thank them for their purchase , and let them know l will update the tracking as soon as the label is printed . Next l follow the item as its being mailed via the postal service it was shipped through. as soon as the item reaches the buyer l send another email letting the buyer  know that l have seen the item has been delivered and l hope that it meets their expectations  and if there are any issues please contact me before leaving negative feed back,and l look forward to any positive feedback, then 2 days later l leave the buyer positive feed back regardless if L get feedback or not ,,I believe in quality customer service with or with out a buyers feedback,

I know, posting to an old post, but to new sellers - PLEASE do not send so many emails or you will probably get feedback you don't really want.

All of those emails do not mean quality customer service. All they mean is a lot of emails.

@donald3

Just because you paid does not in any way mean that the transaction is over.

So you pay... and want instant FB.

What could go wrong...

The package takes the tour of the postal system and gets to you a day late.

The package gets stolen from your porch.

You discover that you are no longer a size two (SNAD)

After the fact, you discover one for less money.

You mess the item up  ( real men don't read directions )

You only needed my power sander to do all the floors in your house, and now it does not work.

And I could go on...

so yes, as a buyer your end is done.

From a sellers point of view ... not so much.

Message 28 of 44
latest reply

@donald3 wrote:

Excuse me but I paid right away. 

Excuse me but I shipped right away.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 29 of 44
latest reply

@queenofalltradez wrote:
I agree with you feedback should be a courtesy everyone just DOES! a lot of sellers have great items but we can't get customers because of lack of feedback

There are 10,921 listings for soy wax melts, many from Top Rated Sellers (which isn’t feedback-based), with a lower price than yours, AND free shipping. But you think you’re not getting customers because of your feedback score?

Message 30 of 44
latest reply