cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback section contradictions

E-bay feedback section: You are eligible for 5 feedback revision requests per 1,000 feedback received in the past 12 months.

So if you are just a little home seller like me, you are SOL for revisions. I get 17-36 a month. How is fair to ALL sellers?
---------------------------------------------------
How much sense does this make?
E-Bay feedback sections says: Scroll down to the All received Feedback section and set the toggle to either Visible to everyone or Hide comments. When I try to make my feedback visible it says:

You are unable to change your comments visibility because you have active listings. Really? 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Feedback section contradictions

Everyone is allowed the same amount of feedback revisions.

When you are able to send a feedback revision request, it goes to the buyer, they can either revise the feedback or ignore the request.

Since you are a seller you are not allowed to hide feedback or make it private. Only buyers are allowed to have private feedback.  

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

You have one negative feedback in the last 12 months.  If you burn up one revision request on that one, you still have 4 left.  What's the problem?

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

@cricketbull2009 

you don't need 1000 to get 5.  You just don't get "more than 5" requests until you exceed 1000.

and of course a "revision request" is only effective if the buyer is in agreement to revising.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

You have one negative feedback in the last 12 months.  If you burn up one revision request on that one, you still have 4 left.  What's the problem?

Feedback revision request are used to revise negative feedback. Maybe the OP has already had five other negatives revised. 

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

OP feedback page indicates "0" revisions

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Not sure what you mean; your feedback is visible. But yeas Active Sellers must have public feedback. Only buyers can make their feedback (private) but if they buy something their seller can see it just not the public. At least it used to be that way.  Things may have changed.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@cricketbull2009 wrote:

E-Bay feedback sections says: Scroll down to the All received Feedback section and set the toggle to either Visible to everyone or Hide comments. When I try to make my feedback visible it says:

You are unable to change your comments visibility because you have active listings. Really? 

Your feedback is visible. You cannot set it to private when you are actively selling.

You're trying to make your FB private, not visible, which is why you got that message @cricketbull2009 .

And as others said, with 1k or less FB in the past 12 mo you get a 5 FB revision requests.

But I don't know how likely it is that buyer will revise the neg you got recently. Don't send the request unless the buyer is amenable to it because it counts as one of your 5 whether the buyer revises or not.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

No, that same visibly to the public is on the seller feedback section as well. I thought I could make my feedback visible to public so my buyers can see what my response to negative feedback was. I have 3 bad ones since 2009 and resolved all 3 and stated my actions in responses to those bad feedbacks. 

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

As others have mentioned,  you should have 5 available revisions since you haven't used any, but I would be working with the buyer to try to work something out and not publicly comment on feedback as you've done.  That's not a good way to work with them -- in my opinion.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

OP feedback page indicates "0" revisions

That indicates the number of revised FB during account lifetime.

It does not reflect the number of revisions sent to buyers. Buyers do not have to agree to revise, and a request that's rejected still counts towards the limit.

But I do agree it's not likely the seller sent 5 in the last calendar year, or perhaps any since their OP indicates they think they can't send any.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@cricketbull2009 wrote:

E-bay feedback section: You are eligible for 5 feedback revision requests per 1,000 feedback received in the past 12 months.

So if you are just a little home seller like me, you are SOL for revisions. I get 17-36 a month. How is fair to ALL sellers? 

That limit of 5 is referring to revision requests that you can send as a seller (e.g. to a buyer who Negged you over a matter that you have now settled with them). It's not referring to requests that you might receive from other sellers for Negs that you yourself (as a buyer) have left for them.

@cricketbull2009 wrote:

Yes. If you are selling on eBay you cannot conceal feedback that you have received.

If you are simply buying on eBay, you can conceal feedback that you have received from sellers.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

My revision was denied because it doesn't fall under a threat, harassment, bad address or not as described categories they base their decision on. Yet.. Feedback Policy says "not at fault" too. I was found not at fault for a USPS lost package. I don't deserve what feedback the buyer left. 

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Your best bet:  Move on and don't worry about it.  Stuff happens, and other buyers know it.  But next time, keep your reply a little less confrontational, no matter how p-offed you are about it.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@cricketbull2009 wrote:

My revision was denied because it doesn't fall under a threat, harassment, bad address or not as described categories they base their decision on. Yet.. Feedback Policy says "not at fault" too. I was found not at fault for a USPS lost package. I don't deserve what feedback the buyer left. 

You are a business but your response is not 'business' like. The moment the buyer told you they didn't receive, you check the tracking and if it doesn't show 'delivered'; you simply apoligise and refund immediately. You don't 'wait' for a system, or for ebay to do it (ever!). 

You didn't handle the situation correctly so there would be no reason to 'remove' that feedback as the buyer experienced 'buying something' and when informing you, you made them 'wait' (for what, I don't know). 

Message 15 of 25
latest reply