cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elimination of Paypal

Is anyone else out there concerned about Ebay eliminating Paypal ? I wonder if if will have an effect on my sales in the future. Feedback anyone ?

Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

Elimination of Paypal

eBay going down the tubes anyway.  They don't care anymore.  

Message 2 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

Nah paypal will stay here i guess.

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 3 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

We had two customers threaten to cancel their orders unless we accepted PayPal.

As a result, we opted out of Manage Payments and are now accepting PayPal again.

Eliminating PayPal is like cutting off your nose to spite your face....mistake in our opinion.

Message 4 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

I tend to agree. I have used Paypal for years and know many other people who also use it. I worry that folks will stop buying because they don't want the change. So many people are too busy to bother. I wonder how many sellers will give up ? 

Message 5 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

PayPal is not available to buyers purchasing from sellers that are in "Managed Payments".

eBay plan is for PayPal to be accepted summer 2019.

eBay has made no announcement to permanently eliminate PayPal payments.

Message 6 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

Paypal then, Paypal Now, Paypal forever

I'm selling for 18+ years. Even before Paypal was a thing and customers paid with checks or Money orders.

I can't think of even one reason why I'd want to stop taking Paypal, Using Paypal, Buying with Paypal,
Using my Paypal debit card, Using Paypal smart connect,

Paypal is just like the first girl I ever kissed. Her name was Debbie and it was 1969

Nothing but sweet, sweet memories and good times.
Message 7 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

Glad to hear that ! The way I was reading it all made me think that Paypal was going away....

Message 8 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

@rebalew62-0 wrote:

Glad to hear that ! The way I was reading it all made me think that Paypal was going away....

Hopefully I will not be opted into Managed Payments before the return of PayPal for buyers, but that is only one of my concerns with Managed Payments.

My concern is more with me as a seller not having payments go into my PayPal once I am enrolled. I like my PayPal. Pay for stuff from there. Move funds when I desire.

Along with that, having many transactions a month going into my financial institution account, and money grabs from there if any case is opened is a concern. I would prefer to be able to choose when money transfers in, but it is unclear if that falls in line with how eBay wants to handle the funds collected by Adyen.

Message 9 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

The EBay news on this topic seemed to indicate there might be a gap between not accepting PayPal and then accepting it again. If that happens, I figure I'll either be out of E-Bay before anything is made mandatory.

I like PayPal and I like moving money when I wish, not daily deposits into my bank account. That would just be more time spent bookkeeping.

I have sales outside E-Bay where buyers pay with PayPal, so instead of one convenient place to gather money, then I would have two.

I have already had 3 contacts from EBay urging me to opt in to Managed Payments. No!
Message 10 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

Just another example of how ebay is messing up their business and ours. Once paypal goes I'm gone or even before that.

Message 11 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

I have a feeling that I may consider leaving Ebay too if that is the case. I can't afford to have my sales drop- things are slow enough as it is. Thank you for your clarification on this matter. Does anyone else feel this way ? Is Ebay listening ?

Message 12 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

I am a buyer only and have always been so. I am not concerned about the elimination of PayPal, I will just quit buying from anyone who does not or cannot accept it because of their ebay options. Ebay made me and thousands of others use PayPal for years and I have never had problems with it. It has been secure and reliable every time and I have no reason to change my way of buying. If you want to sell to me, don't opt into any ebay process that does not let you accept PayPal, as I will not longer be on your  potential buyers list.

Message 13 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

I will accept paypal for as long as I'm allowed to. I do not want to change the way that I am doing things. I was selling  on Ebay years ago when auctions were great and selling was alot of fun. Things have been changing but I want to hang in there. Paypal has always been the way to go for me and I hope that Ebay is paying attention to how their sellers and buyers feel. I'm only a small fish , but selling online helps me make ends meet because I'm disabled. There are THOUSANDS of people out there just like me so I hope that our voices will be heard.

Message 14 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

@rebalew62-0 wrote:

Is anyone else out there concerned about Ebay eliminating Paypal ? I wonder if if will have an effect on my sales in the future. Feedback anyone ?

I think sales on any venue would be heavily negatively impacted if PayPal was not an option to buyers.

They've been around long enough and have a great track record that has built trust and reliability.

I always thought it was a mistake for eBay to separate itself from PayPal. 

If eBay does not allow buyers to use PayPal, their seller's sales will tank more than they already are.

Message 15 of 120
latest reply