cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elimination of Paypal

Is anyone else out there concerned about Ebay eliminating Paypal ? I wonder if if will have an effect on my sales in the future. Feedback anyone ?

Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

Elimination of Paypal

Was Debbie from Dallas?? (LOL)

@dirk12955 wrote:
Paypal then, Paypal Now, Paypal forever

I'm selling for 18+ years. Even before Paypal was a thing and customers paid with checks or Money orders.

I can't think of even one reason why I'd want to stop taking Paypal, Using Paypal, Buying with Paypal,
Using my Paypal debit card, Using Paypal smart connect,

Paypal is just like the first girl I ever kissed. Her name was Debbie and it was 1969

Nothing but sweet, sweet memories and good times.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 16 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

Are you listening EBAY ???????

Message 17 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

I don't like this at all. I'm a seller and buyer. I've been with eBay since before 2002. This is my second account. 

I actually used my store credit for free shipping supplies today. I owed only $0.81 and as usual expected to pay with it using Paypal but I was stunned to see Paypal was not an option! This was with to here as usual. I had to put $0.81 on my credit card!

Message 18 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

@stuff4divas wrote:

@rebalew62-0 wrote:

Is anyone else out there concerned about Ebay eliminating Paypal ? I wonder if if will have an effect on my sales in the future. Feedback anyone ?

I think sales on any venue would be heavily negatively impacted if PayPal was not an option to buyers.

They've been around long enough and have a great track record that has built trust and reliability.

I always thought it was a mistake for eBay to separate itself from PayPal. 

If eBay does not allow buyers to use PayPal, their seller's sales will tank more than they already are.

My B&M job accepts PayPal as a form of payment for online and store pick-up orders.  I would say probably 95-98% of the store pick-up orders we get are paid for with a credit or debit card rather than PayPal, so no, I don't think it's anywhere near as ubiquitious as people assume it is.

Message 19 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

@rebalew62-0 wrote:

No they are not listening.  No eBay here.

They have made their decision on how/who will handle/process payments.

It will not be PayPal. Even though PayPal payments are projected to become available for buyers to make payments on purchases from sellers in the "Managed Payments" program it will be a thing of the past for the seller. eBay will process those payments through Adyen.

Message 20 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

I have already not purchased things from 3 sellers who no longer take Pay Pal but tried to force me putting in my credit card for Ebays new system, I went kindly onto someone who takes paypal.  I will contiue to take it as long as Ebay lets me.  But to answer  your question, yes I think it will be the last straw on the backs of sellers. 

Rich 

Message 21 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

Thank you....that is exactly what we need is people standing up to Ebay.  I keep saying that is the only way.

Rich 

Message 22 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

@rebalew62-0 wrote:

Ask them, we in the community here are sellers or buyers thru ebay, not ebay.

Message 23 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

@yuzuha wrote:

@stuff4divas wrote:

@rebalew62-0 wrote:

I think sales on any venue would be heavily negatively impacted if PayPal was not an option to buyers.

They've been around long enough and have a great track record that has built trust and reliability.

I always thought it was a mistake for eBay to separate itself from PayPal. 

If eBay does not allow buyers to use PayPal, their seller's sales will tank more than they already are.

My B&M job accepts PayPal as a form of payment for online and store pick-up orders.  I would say probably 95-98% of the store pick-up orders we get are paid for with a credit or debit card rather than PayPal, so no, I don't think it's anywhere near as ubiquitious as people assume it is.

Yes, I too pay with credit card at BM and most of the time online, but for online sellers who don't accept CC, PP is the best route.

Message 24 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

Putting ebay, even through a 3rd party, in charge of payments is like putting the fox in charge of the chicken coup. Ebay sides with the buyer over 90% of the time during a dispute. They can't be objective when it comes to reviewing a complaint and deciding whether or not a payment should be frozen or reversed. The 3rd party will be working FOR EBAY not for us. They will apply their business model to the payment system whereas the customer is always right and customers will abuse it. Similarly, when ebay removed the ability for sellers to leave negative feedback our non paying bidders skyrocketed. Customers already know that they can bid on items, not pay for an them and there will be no repercussions. Once they learn, that despite the circumstances , they can file a complain and ebay will kick their money back all hell will break loose.  Paypal most often is fair and I have won several cases against buyers but I dont think we will have that neutral partner anymore if ebay takes over the payment system.  I am definately not on board and I also dont want to wait 2-4 days while my money transfers to my bank account to have access to it. It would be a lot more appealing if they set it up like paypal with a debit card to use our funds right away of we so choose. 

Message 25 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

Yes sir...
Message 26 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

As someoe else said Ebay owning Paypal is like fox and chicken coop. They BOTH are partners in crime, and working together to rip people off!

First, Ebay pulls fees out of "free" listings, then pulls fee out of shipping that buyer pays, then the both of them conspire to put a "hold" on money that belongs to seller, and this 'hold' can go on for a month! You know darn well that they are investing this payment somewhere, and will hold it for as long as they can get away with it.

Paypal should stay an entity, but all on their own. It should also be offered here, but hopefully when they split PP could stand up to Ebay demands and operate under their own more reasonable practices, otherwise a great many people are going to leave the BOTH of them and not look back!  

Message 27 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

Ummm Ebay has been it's own entity for quite a while.  While they partner well....almost too well, Pay Pal has made some good hard decisions to support and protect the sellers on here and have always given a fair judgement on any issues I have had. 

JMO

Rich 

Message 28 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

ebay's CEO has said publicly many times that ebay is going towards and begin to end process with ebay only. Sells are down for ebay in the beta managed payment with Ayden. Buyers want to stay with paypal. This is a VERY bad thing for sellers. It is a step straight towards making all the sellers independent contractors or slaves of ebay. Customer service has been foreshadowing this by pointing out all the time we are not ebay customers but contractors. As it is currently we collect the money from buyers and pay ebay for use of their site. We pay ebay. We are ebay's customer, even though they treat us horribly. They are still the best option available at this time. In the future ebay will collect the money and pay us for our goods. This means ebay will be our customer. We have recently seen how much they use leverage against us to get their way. Yes it can get worse. The honeymoon phase might be okay but someday we have to wait until ebay pays us. They will be able to hold payment if a percentage of buyer have issues with our product. Yes hold payment on items already shipped. They will leverage impressions in the mall for price and not service. ebay will say take the money we allow you to have or leave. They have already started.
Message 29 of 120
latest reply

Elimination of Paypal

Correct me if I am wrong but can't any body take Paypal . Just check with Paypal and ask thme how to install it in your store unless eBay absolutely bans that form of payment like they have in the past but will allow today.  I think myou can set up your own CC gateway  in your eBay listing , right ? . I see at least check out options currently in the check out screen. Noticed that they have moved Paypal from the top option into 2nd place with CC's on the top.     Not in managed payments, experience in the past, when eBay uses any 3rd party apps, there are a whole host of problems and often they would abandon 3rd party apps with no reason after you (the seller) invest a lot of time and money into the new toy .

Message 30 of 120
latest reply