Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay intermediate payments announcement

Message 1 of 324
latest reply
323 REPLIES 323

Re: Ebay intermediate payments announcement

I do a TON of selling on craigslist and facebook marketplace now because of eBay. I have closed out ALL my auctions and will be posting them on those two venues. I am soooo tired of all the eBay drama they like to create. 

So, I sent them a goodbye email. 

I make more on those two then eBay anyways. Screw eBay and their **bleep**! I can use my sellers website for my silver coins I purchase and sell elsewhere... 

Message 316 of 324
latest reply

@texan-with-classwrote:

I do a TON of selling on craigslist and facebook marketplace now because of eBay. I have closed out ALL my auctions and will be posting them on those two venues. I am soooo tired of all the eBay drama they like to create. 

I make more on those two then eBay anyways. Screw eBay and their **bleep**! I can use my sellers website for my silver coins I purchase and sell elsewhere... 

Do you take Facebook Payments??

If you do ... Then you are already using Adyen .... just sayin'

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 317 of 324
latest reply

@penguins_dont_flywrote:

@texan-with-classwrote:

Do you take Facebook Payments??

If you do ... Then you are already using Adyen .... just sayin'

well, but it isn't ebay and Adyen , there is a difference

I have paypal set for payments on facebook, don't know about adyen, all of my sales have been local so far 

Message 318 of 324
latest reply

If ebay holds a sellers funds for even a few days? Multiply that by millions of ebay sellers. That is a huge amount of interest for them, even if the interest is low for every sale, it adds up to a fortune. sleazy. And altho I dont understand the details, I'm willing to bet it's something like that. Besides, sellers like control of their own money and what right does ebay have to interfere? Pay pal will survive and ebay wont. They will sell out to Alibaba. Which if you think about it, the site is ready to go over now. Only one thing in their way? the small US sellers... set up for china buy out now. Who certainly would want to keep the big box boys.

Think about what happened already? Ebay spun off paypal a few years back. Now all of a sudden paypal will be phased out. All the chinese sellers taking over the site, receiving favoritism? right? thats my tinfoil hat theory. AdYEN YEN YEN???  european company? maybe? but who owns it?

Message 319 of 324
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone, 

Great to see so much interest in this important topic.

Good news! We're having a webinar on 'The Future of Payments' on Wednesday, March 7, 10:00-10:45 AM PT.  You can find out more and register through this link: https://ebay.brand.live/c/payment-intermediation.

Thanks! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 320 of 324
latest reply

This question is for ebay. No speculation please. For the sellers who only want to sell until the change goes into effect, is there an estimated date when we can no longer have our funds deposited into our PAYPAL accounts? I understand that the goal is to have it all rolled out by 2021. As a small time seller I'm only going to sell until you tell me I can no longer have my funds deposited into my PayPal Account. Will this happen in the next few months, Can you give us sellers any kind of estimate when this will happen? Thanks.
Message 321 of 324
latest reply

But is etsy transferring your funds into your PayPAL account? How are you funding your PayPal account. It looks like ebay sellers wont have that option to deposit their funds anymore to their PAYpal account.
Message 322 of 324
latest reply

Me too. As soon as paypal is no longer an option, i'm gone, as a seller and buyer. I want the control over when it gets transferred to the bank. When I want to do it. I think we have awhile. Few years. I'm already set up somewhere else, so its not a problem to leave. As it is we hardly list anything here anymore. Lots of work, no results, no views. Gets worse every new seller update. Anyone ever notice this?

Message 323 of 324
latest reply

On Etsy if a person pays with paypal it goes into your paypal account. But if a buyer pays with etsy payments it is automatically deposited in your bank account, without your say in it. I do believe.

Message 324 of 324
latest reply