cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Has CHANGED our FREE listing Allotments, GREAT NEWS for many Sellers !!!

For anyone that may not have seen today's announcement.  Some great news for many sellers.  This should help a lot of sellers.  Thank you Ebay!!  

Effective August 1, 2020, we are updating our selling fees with additional permanent zero monthly insertion fee listings so that you can continue to introduce, test, and sell new inventory. These changes will be available to all eBay sellers, and you don’t need to take any action.

This Spring, we announced free listings promotions, which proved to be a powerful and effective tool in the challenging COVID-19 environment. We want to help you keep this positive momentum going.

The number of additional monthly zero insertion fee listings sellers will receive are determined by their eBay Store subscription levels. Sellers who have been invited and signed up for managed payments will receive additional monthly zero insertion fee listings in select categories.

For all of the details on this change, please visit the Seller Center.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/insertion-fees-update.html

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Re: Ebay Has CHANGED our FREE listing Allotments, GREAT NEWS for many Sellers !!!

I guess eBay finally figured out that if they make it so sellers are able to list more and make more money, then they too will make more money.  Hopefully they aren't doing this to butter sellers up for something.

Message 46 of 79
latest reply

Re: Ebay Has CHANGED our FREE listing Allotments, GREAT NEWS for many Sellers !!!

@shellhut wrote:

I've been selling since 2005 and 100% Positive Feedback and still not getting the 200 Free listings per month.  Didn't get them for the last 3 months and the new starting August 1st Pay Zero Listing Fees on up to 200 items per month.  I don't understand Why I am no longer getting any promotions!!! HELP TRENTON!

I got the 200 free on one of my IDs with no problem and kinda let it slide for April and May because I didn't have enough product to make it worthwhile on my other ID. But then I wanted to use the 200 and they were not there.  But when I found the email and tried to activate it, it told me they were activated.  So I call CS and they allowed me to get credits for 200 in June and July by calling and having them manually credit me after I had posted the listings.  You might try calling and at least get the 200 for July.  They could see the message that I received them, but they had no way to automatically give me to the listings.  And it did take talking to a superviser on my first call.  On my second call, the CS rep was able to look at what the superviser had done and just do it for me again.  And the credits on my invoice have already shown up. It's worth a try!

Message 47 of 79
latest reply

This is going to be a HUGE savings for me; for 2 of my Premium Stores (Month to Month) which I will now be down grading to Basic store subscription rates.

For me I will see an annual savings of $562 for each store on the month to month subscription plan.

Premiunm Store (Month To Month) $74.95 - Basic Store (Month To Month) $27.95 = $47.00 per month savings x 12 months = a $564.00 per year savings per store!

$564.00 per year savings per store x 2 stores = $1,128.00 per year savings! At least for a seller like me.

$1,128.00 per year savings! THAT'S HUGE for a seller like me who predominately sells media category items as well as quite a few collectible category type items!

And frankly we eBay Media sellers deserve it; considering the fact that we are going to be carrying every other eBay seller's water for them, when it comes to sales tax collection fees here on eBay when we begin paying a 14.35% fee on collected sales tax.

Think about all of those sneaker sellers who will be paying 0%, ZIP, NADA!, in sales tax fees here on eBay.

I am going to start selling worn out Sh!??Y pairs of sneakers in the the sneaker category; which also happens to include a 1st edition book Signed by Stephen King for $1,000, so that I too can enjoy the benefits of paying 0% in FVF!

As the old saying goes, "Don't hate the player, hate the game!"

Message 48 of 79
latest reply

Same boat here.  Ebay Motors isnt included in the list.  Since I am a premium store,  I litterally get no bump at all.  

I was really excited too because it is such a huge leap from Premium to anchor so I could use the bump so I could continue to expand.  No so much now though 😞

At least it will help some of my family members who sell in the collectible categories.  I know they have been struggling with the listing allotments.

Message 49 of 79
latest reply

Message 50 of 79
latest reply

@go-bad-chicken 

And frankly we eBay Media sellers deserve it; considering the fact that we are going to be carrying every other eBay seller's water for them, when it comes to sales tax collection fees here on eBay when we begin paying a 14.35% fee on collected sales tax.

You have an unique way of looking at things sometimes.  You nor any other Media seller is "carrying" other sellers.  That is simply insulting and ridiculous.  The Media category is not getting hit any harder with fees than other categories in MP.  They are ALL being done EQUALLY.  The Media category is no more and no less than any other category.

The Simplified fee format is the same for any category you may sell in. 

2.9% Money Processing Fee

10.00%  Ebay FVF for most non store owners

-0.55% Reduction in FVF

12.35% Total Fee 

2.9% Money Processing Fee

12.00%  Ebay FVF for MEDIA

-0.55% Reduction in FVF

14.35% Total Fee 

So the highlighted amount may change depending on the category you sell in and if you have a store or not, but the other two numbers are the same for all categories.  

The Simplified Fee is calculation on the full amount of the US sale to include sales tax.  It is however important to keep in mind that sales tax is no more than 10% of your US sale and many times is lower.  Having a FVF on sales tax is new for us and I don't know anyone that likes it, I know I don't.  But it is here and we have to deal with it if we are going into MP. 

So keep in mind that sales tax is no more than 10% of your transaction amount which means that 90% of your FVFs is LOWER by 0.55%.  This helps to offset the new FVF on sales tax, often times entirely.  Of course there will be exception.   

@go-bad-chicken 

Message 51 of 79
latest reply

@go-bad-chicken wrote:

Think about all of those sneaker sellers who will be paying 0%, ZIP, NADA!, in sales tax fees here on eBay.

I am going to start selling worn out Sh!??Y pairs of sneakers in the the sneaker category; which also happens to include a 1st edition book Signed by Stephen King for $1,000, so that I too can enjoy the benefits of paying 0% in FVF!

As the old saying goes, "Don't hate the player, hate the game!"

confusing... your still going to be paying the 14.35% FVF on books under MP so not sure where your seeing benefit to that Stephen King signed book...unless your saying your listing as shoes category?  Which brings me to how that is listed under the new fees for MP....seems to have small catch in that category, it's saying 0% if sold $100 or more, but not saying what the fee is if under $100, if anyone else noticed this? But I said couple months ago when they introduced these new fees for MP sellers with store that Media (Book) sellers are getting a huge palm in the face here, books sellers don't make much in profit, those new fees you basically need to be getting those books cents on the dollar to make anything. I'm taking increase myself from 9.15% to 11.5% for Media - Records, but my prices are already figured in with 13% for ebay (current) and PP fees. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 52 of 79
latest reply

There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up. Proverbs 21:20 

simply put,     A fool and his money are soon parted.

This a great upfront deal on listing fees for those that aren't concerned with the GTC fees

Think this deal out, on a 7 day auction cycle, it is possible to be hit with 3 GTC fees per listing that does not sell, THINK about it and use'm if you believe they will generate you positive results.  ebay has thought this out and is willing to take the chance that most/many won't think it out.

Message 53 of 79
latest reply

I was happy to see this up until the point where I saw the included categories. I will get exactly ZERO benefit from this. It does not include any of the categories I list in regularly. I'm feeling pretty screwed on this one. I'm paying a pretty decent chunk in insertion fees each month since there is such a huge price difference between premium and anchor stores for the additional listings.

If eBay has been so happy with the increased listings and sales with the bumped up insertion freebies the last couple months, why not just increase it across the board without category limitations?

Message 54 of 79
latest reply

My yearly Premium store is up for renewal on August 1, so when I received the news, I decided to downgrade my store to a Basic, to save on the monthly subscription cost since I don't use up all of the available listings with a Premium.

I will miss the $50 shipping supplies coupon, but the subscription fee will make up for that.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 55 of 79
latest reply

For me, ebays announcement was rather luke-warm.  On face value it seems great.  However, they've been giving us 200 extra free listings per month ever since the pandemic started, which means starting next month we'll actually be getting 50 fewer free listing than we have the past few months, since I assume this will take the place of our usual 50 free listings rather than being in addition to.  The problem with this is that, presumably due to the automated 200 free listings promotion for the past few months, ebay hasn't been sending out their usual free listing offers that typically are only good for 5 days.  So, while we've been getting 250 free listings per month, that's actually significantly less than what we were getting, so we've been struggling to keep all our listings active, having to cycle items in and out.  If they continue this trend of no short promotional periods and don't have at least  one good promo every 90 days that allows us to keep all our items in rotation without having to rebuild the listings from scratch, we'll have to switch to selling many items through online communities.  We've tried their free store promotions in the past and never saw the slightest increase in sells, which we'd have needed to see a rather dramatic increase in sells to justify the cost of even their basic store subscription.  I guess we could open a second ebay account, as another poster mentioned.  But that seems like something ebay would frown on, and I suspect it would be treated as a new account that hasn't proven itself yet, and result in lesser promotion by ebay, and get far less traffic.  Considering it says "most" sellers, I'm guessing new, unproven accounts might not apply for the 200 free listings at all.  I guess we'll see what happens over the coming months.

Message 56 of 79
latest reply

I think there will still be the 5-day FP/auction promotions, in various permutations.  I am going to try hard to "bank" materials in my store which I can then move to auctions when I get a promotion. If they sell before the promotion, not bad either. With the 200 free auctions these past few months I have experimented and have a somewhat better idea what will sell at auction versus hanging around in my store for months. The opportunity to get a Basic Store instead of a Premium is just great.

Message 57 of 79
latest reply

I also wish that ebay included Clothing in the free extra listings each month fo the premium store subscription. Hope they will look to change that going forward or just add more free insertions each month for all categories. Big jump from premium to next store up for listings and we dont have that much. Also like to see them get rid of auctions or at least have the ability to use them as fixed. No sales from auctions. Everyone wants to look, then buy, then pay. Not wait 7 days anymore. Just a change of the times.

Message 58 of 79
latest reply

@glgenterprise wrote:

I was happy to see this up until the point where I saw the included categories. I will get exactly ZERO benefit from this. It does not include any of the categories I list in regularly. I'm feeling pretty screwed on this one. I'm paying a pretty decent chunk in insertion fees each month since there is such a huge price difference between premium and anchor stores for the additional listings.

If eBay has been so happy with the increased listings and sales with the bumped up insertion freebies the last couple months, why not just increase it across the board without category limitations?

Well they had to start somewhere.  Hopefully in the near future they will add other categories.  To me I just found it refreshing that it wasn't all about Fashions and Collectibles.  

I am sorry you won't be able to take advantage of this, but there are lots of sellers that can.  Again, hopefully in the near future a category that works for you will get added.  Fingers crossed!

Message 59 of 79
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

My yearly Premium store is up for renewal on August 1, so when I received the news, I decided to downgrade my store to a Basic, to save on the monthly subscription cost since I don't use up all of the available listings with a Premium.

I will miss the $50 shipping supplies coupon, but the subscription fee will make up for that.

That is my exact position other than my store doesn't renew until May.  So I have a long ways to go.  Which is why I asked Ebay if they are going to allow for sellers to downgrade stores without penalty on the Weekly Chat.  However I was told that they typically don't do that unless the Terms and Conditions were affected by the change for the stores.  Unfortunately they posted that response after the Chat closed so I couldn't respond.  

My opinion of this change is that it DOES affect the T&C for stores and Ebay should allow us to change our store if we so desire without penalty for one year subscribers.

And yes I will miss the $50 coupon, but with the money I'd be saving monthly I could easily pay the difference and still save money.

Message 60 of 79
latest reply