cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Realy Think E-bay Cares If Sellers Leave

Sellers Like myself and others have been selleing a while on e-bay and I don't think they care if we stay or leave.

or stay. it has become more of a buyers site then a sellers site, the changes they have made lately to are more to help buyers then sellers. and this new way to sell is as worthless has it can be I have been using it from day one and to this day have only sold one item and they say it is great what a lie. it is a waste of time to contact e-bay becaues they don't care. it has been so hard to sell on their site lately and them seem not to want to change it for the better, this is whay I will not renew my store November 1, it is tiem to move on, have started putting my items on other plateforms and seem to  be selling more on them then e-bay. the  store closeing I have started is a waste still no sales on e-bay, my invoice for  will becomeing out how do they think sellers can pay  them if they are not selling. and this way of wanting you to lower the price lower is just another way for them to control your store. I would rather give everything i have to goodwill them to keep putting up with the no good changes e-bay keeps doing.

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Re: Do You Realy Think E-bay Cares If Sellers Leave

@luckeyeagle77 wrote:

Sellers Like myself and others have been selleing a while on e-bay and I don't think they care if we stay or leave.

or stay. it has become more of a buyers site then a sellers site, the changes they have made lately to are more to help buyers then sellers. and this new way to sell is as worthless has it can be I have been using it from day one and to this day have only sold one item and they say it is great what a lie. it is a waste of time to contact e-bay becaues they don't care. it has been so hard to sell on their site lately and them seem not to want to change it for the better, this is whay I will not renew my store November 1, it is tiem to move on, have started putting my items on other plateforms and seem to  be selling more on them then e-bay. the  store closeing I have started is a waste still no sales on e-bay, my invoice for  will becomeing out how do they think sellers can pay  them if they are not selling. and this way of wanting you to lower the price lower is just another way for them to control your store. I would rather give everything i have to goodwill them to keep putting up with the no good changes e-bay keeps doing.

Yeah , I was just looking over my craft table where I make the jewelry I sell here and I thought  ''  what a  mess '' !  Then I thought about all the money I just forked out in seller fee's  and  why am I doing this again ? Somebody should  help me to remember .  It gets frustrating  especially when I'm begining to believe I was better off  money wise before I became a seller . By this time every year I've at least had a good start  with Christmas shopping  but no more . I'll be lucky to be able to  buy  enough groceries . I enjoy what I do and  I do make sales   but its not been very profitable  in the long run.  😞   Tulips 

Message 61 of 81
latest reply

Goodwill takes in donations....they receive everything for free. The title is a misrepresentation of who they are. The only goodwill they do is for themselves. Donate to Salvation Army stores instead. They do a lot of good for a lot of people.
Message 62 of 81
latest reply

I'm positive Ebay will shut down if I ever leave them.

Message 63 of 81
latest reply

You are absolutely correct about the Salvation Army. We should all make them our #1 place to donate to instead of all these other phony for profit who claim to be non-profit.
Message 64 of 81
latest reply

I have quit selling on eBay because a customer tried to scam me and eBay stood behind the buyer.  The buyer purchased a brand new, expensive item that I know was brand new (because I purchased it from the wholesaler) and buyer tried to say that I scammed wit h a used item.  I wrote to the buyer and told her how I knew the item was brand new and she stopped the **bleep**  But it was a wake up call for me...... no more eBay!! for me.

Message 65 of 81
latest reply

@stumblebumble wrote:
 Donate to Salvation Army stores instead. They do a lot of good for a lot of people.

Do some research and you will only find that they do an extreme amount of harm as well.

Whether the good they do offsets the harm is up for debate.

Message 66 of 81
latest reply

@ks7275 wrote:

I do not believe ebay cares at all about the buyers. I just found out that buyers can leave negative feedback about sellers, but sellers cannot leave negative feedback about buyers! In what world does that make sense or seem fair? I just got my first negative feedback from a buyer who returned shoes that did not fit even though the description and pictures were accurate. I refunded her money, but she said she wanted her shipping refunded also or would leave negative feedback.  Felt like extortion! After a ridiculously useless conversation with ebay about how I can report the buyer buy likely nothing will happen, I was left with the only recourse of replying to the negative feedback on my account.

Name one site either b&m or an online venue where sellers rate the buyer?

Message 67 of 81
latest reply

@fine_find wrote:
Wow, are you kidding me, a multi-millionaire? I did not know that. All this time I had thought that Goodwill was a non-profit organization. Not sure why I thought that, but I did. Thanks for the heads-up on Goodwill Industries.

I have dealt with Goodwill and imo they arevery dishonest with their mission statement when calling and asking for donations.  I gave them everything from my late mother's apartment on the premise it was going to someone running away from a domestic issue or having lost everything in a fire.  I later learned it was not true.

Message 68 of 81
latest reply

@everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures wrote:

@luckeyeagle77 wrote:

Ebay has never cared who comes or who goes and no one is locked into being here. Buyers and sellers come and go every day and they always have and always will. Same on most every site.

Things are very slow now but I think this more more reflective of the elections and recounts and all that still going on. People tend to sit in their money when such things are up in the air and they don't know what is going on or what is going to happen. It should get a bit better once all that is done.

The days of people running out on black friday and buying everything and anything are long gone.

The recession may be gone but people know it can happen again.  They are shopping the sales, waiting and watching for the best deal.  To those who are raising their prices for the holiday, good luck with that.

Message 69 of 81
latest reply

Learned that my first month as a seller lol! I’m down to the last few hundred items of my starting inventory and writing it all off as a lesson learned. Moving on to podcasting lol!
Message 70 of 81
latest reply

I’ve had to watch my relistings for that reason. All of a sudden some had an arbitrary acceptance and decline amount and I didn’t even have offers on! Started when they updated the app.
Message 71 of 81
latest reply

Nope. For every 5 sellers that leave, there are lots more that take their place.

Message 72 of 81
latest reply

Gunbroker

Message 73 of 81
latest reply

IRL stores close daily.  And unless you are a big beloved brand name, hardly anyone notices.

Same thing on ebay.  Unless it is one of their cash cows I doubt they even know who you are.

Message 74 of 81
latest reply

Nor do they care. ebay is in business for ebay only and their bottom line. They only care about the volume sellers from China who sell the useless junk. I noticed lately that the China sellers are coming up first in search results. I would not buy anything from an international seller, especially China.
Message 75 of 81
latest reply