cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Realy Think E-bay Cares If Sellers Leave

Sellers Like myself and others have been selleing a while on e-bay and I don't think they care if we stay or leave.

or stay. it has become more of a buyers site then a sellers site, the changes they have made lately to are more to help buyers then sellers. and this new way to sell is as worthless has it can be I have been using it from day one and to this day have only sold one item and they say it is great what a lie. it is a waste of time to contact e-bay becaues they don't care. it has been so hard to sell on their site lately and them seem not to want to change it for the better, this is whay I will not renew my store November 1, it is tiem to move on, have started putting my items on other plateforms and seem to  be selling more on them then e-bay. the  store closeing I have started is a waste still no sales on e-bay, my invoice for  will becomeing out how do they think sellers can pay  them if they are not selling. and this way of wanting you to lower the price lower is just another way for them to control your store. I would rather give everything i have to goodwill them to keep putting up with the no good changes e-bay keeps doing.

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Re: Do You Realy Think E-bay Cares If Sellers Leave

That is correct. There are 5 leavers, and there are 10 who sign up for every 5 that leave. A lot who think they are just going to have a bankroll of money after selling on here for a couple months.
Message 76 of 81
latest reply

@collectablesofliberty wrote:

I would like to say if you can't take constructive criticism from someone you might as well not post here. Not everyone is going to agree, but isn't that the point of starting a conversation. If the only reason people are here is to start a flaming war, it is a waste of time. It would be much more constructive to either try and make the situation better, eBay is listening, they recently admitted the decision to not allow new items to be put on sale was a huge mistake, and hurt a lot of sellers, which was not their intent (BTW I was a huge critic of this and made it known right away!). It was to stop scam sellers. I read one post here getting on Pingpong517's case for spewing the same stuff for years, perhaps if you listened you wouldn't be so upset. They are apparently successful selling here or they would have left. We run two stores here and are doing very well. We sell estate jewelry, coins and collectibles. 

I have had many things to complain about on here, but what I did was actually comment to the Devs, I gave suggestions, I joined the eBay expressions group. I have direct contact with eBay management and development now. Any of you could help if you wanted. They really do listen, they are real people, not some machine, but just like in a face to face conversation, attacking gets you no where very fast! You may call me a fan boy, I promise that I am not, I have been just as furious with things at times as anyone else. But in all reality we need to work together to make money as with any business environment. Oh, and I am not an eBay employee, I joined the groups to help sellers, it has made a difference.

Outstanding post, Mark, and I congratulate you on your positive work to put forth your input.  

As to the question, does Ebay care if seller leave?, I think it depends.  Defrauding buyers, selling counterfeits, abusing customers, cancelling transactions for the wrong reasons, such as buyer requested when it is an OOS, or simply because they want more money, could have all lead to loss of selling privileges as that is not the type of good buying experience that Ebay wants its' buyers to have.

Message 77 of 81
latest reply

1500 clothing items still up. Maybe the OP had a change of heart. If by chance you return OP, lowering your cost is about the best way to get buyers regardless if you think ebay is controlling you are not. They are giving you suggestions to make cash, maybe less than you would like, but at least you would be moving items. You have lots of competition so it comes down to economics 101 supply and demand.

Message 78 of 81
latest reply

@bigsurfenterprises2007 wrote:
Well if they care about stockholders they better get it in gear soon as the stock price is on its way to a 52 week low! I think sellers are dumping them. In droves. Most people I know used to check eBay 1st for items they needed. Now all of them without fail say Amazon is their go to online outlet. I know I should have already been selling there but am getting my ducks in a row as we speak to open up there.

With all due respect, ALL of them say that?  No offense but given that Amazon can't compare to Ebay for variety and quantity of items, let alone price, it seems incredible that would happen.  Of course, it could be they are only interested in new, common items and commodities.  In any event, good luck.

Message 79 of 81
latest reply

Another point as far as, Does Ebay care if sellers leave?

Ebay recently filed a lawsuit against Amazon for allegedly using Ebay messaging to entice sellers away from Ebay to sell on Amazon.  I don't think they would have filed a lawsuit if they didn't care about sellers.

Message 80 of 81
latest reply

i love it...teach that pingpong a thing or 2

Message 81 of 81
latest reply