cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Feedback Replies

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for both sellers and buyers on eBay by improving relevancy and displaying images. These feedback enhancements give potential buyers better insights into your products, and can add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence while shopping. We’ve now made an additional update based on what the seller community says is a top request for how we display feedback. 

Starting this week, sellers’ replies and buyers’ follow-ups to feedback will be shown on all places feedback is viewable. This update includes showing replies on desktop and mobile web pages, the view item page of eBay’s mobile apps, and the storefront feedback profile page. 

Buyers will be able to see your customer service interactions on all positive, negative, and neutral feedback. You can reply to buyer feedback on your feedback profile page via a desktop computer. 

Responding to buyer feedback is a great way to showcase your knowledge about your products, provide context for the feedback provided by buyers, and demonstrate your commitment to a great buyer experience. 

We encourage sellers to work towards a solution with buyers who had unsatisfactory experience and attempt to rectify the situation. Responding to buyer feedback with additional context about how you followed up can be a key part of this process. 

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Team

Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

Re: Displaying Feedback Replies

and whats about scammers ? fact of the matter is many scammers joining ebay everyday and scamming sellers, would be glad if ebay start focus on core issues how to stop scammers from scamming. many bad buyers abuse the policies and break the items or damage it  little bit in order to get it free , so posting image on feedback does not clarify the reason behind it. 

Message 46 of 158
latest reply

@bennotbill 

Sort of like the video feature that I can't access or the express payouts that are anything but...You're exactly right...here today...disappears tomorrow.  Disappointing. 

Message 47 of 158
latest reply

@profitweb wrote:

@fern*wood It was the first time I did.  I was inspired by another seller.  I will never again.

Still, why does eBay allow Buyers to leave negative feedback for something that was not offered in original listing (like returns)?

I dunno why.

If I was a buyer thinking about buying something from you, and if I was to read it, I'd prolly laugh first, then say "Preach on brother.  Testify!"

Then, I'd buy from you even if the price was a couple bucks more.

But, that's me.  I'm not normal.

Message 48 of 158
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

Tbh, looking at your feedback, I don't think it has anything to do with weather on the USA west coast causing shipping delays.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing.

He has a rating of at or near body temp, which is good.   Gooder than mine because an order that was placed on Friday, shipped on Monday and not received by today (Wednesday) is just too long to wait.  LoL

Yea, if I could, I'd cancel the sale and make him beg ebay for a refund for a few weeks.  

Oh well, another volunteer to my banned community (he's probably already there under other names).

LoL.

What a life.

Message 49 of 158
latest reply

both sides of a transaction on like airb&b or uber can leave honest feedback, not just the paying party.  and lots of businesses don't do the whole feedback thing. 

Message 50 of 158
latest reply

@kitschy*loot if you sell on the platform you can have returns that buyer claims are not as decsribed instantly approved and a pre-paid label is provided. Ebay confirmed they never printed the label, the return timed out and they then opened a CB months later. 

"no site/app is going to remove a customer for one chargeback." That is the bigger issue. In a case like this why not? Used CC for tens of thousands of transactions, wouldnt even know how to initiate a CB. One CSR told me she has buyers initaite CB's before the item has even been recieved!!! But ebay needs a pattern, lol

Message 51 of 158
latest reply

Yes, I recently received a negative feedback that was false.  I sell vintage/used jewelry that is one of a kind.  Buyer states that the ring she received was not the one in the photographs (IT actually was the EXACT ring in the photographs).  Then she says the stones were black, not clear like in the photographs (a blatent lie), and she then states she'd leave zero stars if she could because she feels cheated that she got something that wasn't as described.  Buyer made an offer on a ring.  Ring was originally priced at $153.00, buyer made an offer for $111.00 and I accepted her low offer.  She got EXACTLY the ring in the photographs.  eBay is supposed to back up the seller and remove any negative feedback when the buyer falsely states an item wasn't as described, which this buyer did!   BTW:  The buyer never messaged me about the ring being not as she thought it was.  The ring was listed with free returns, and the buyer never even tried to return it?!   I reached out to buyer asking what I could do to resolve her complaints, and she didn't respond back.   I'm a very small seller, with only about 200 feedback over the last 12 months, even one bad feedback hurts me.  Ebay has got to let sellers really state their cases.... because if I had seen the buyer with that many bad feedbacks from other sellers, I wouldn't have accepted her low offer, and would have blocked her instead..... but now I have a negative that I have to carry for a year!

Message 52 of 158
latest reply

I have the same issue right now. Ebays new "we will never make any common sense adjustments to feedback" is so one sided and ridiculous. Agent to ld me one reason was all the "Karens" that would leave negs and when ebay removed them, they would complain and go on you-tube and social media a complain that ebay was removing feedback for "backhand deals and only certain sellers".....   Again if that is part of the reason- ebay is once again catering to the very few minority lowest common denominator people instead of standing by their long term honorable sellers that actually bring the business in to ebay.... its just plain crazy.    

The agent also mentioned that they were trying to limit the time that agents spent talking about feedback revisions so they could handle other matters..... I have actually heard some sellers are so irritated that they said they are just going to start leaving neg feedback for all the purchases they make as a protest... then let those sellers call in an complain and really just blow up the customer service lines....so ebay gets the message that what they did is ridiculous and unfair. 

Message 53 of 158
latest reply

That is all well and good, but MOST of my buyers do NOT leave feedback. Despite the fact that feedback is voluntary it would be nice for ebay to encourage it's use across the board....

Message 54 of 158
latest reply

Feedback is very one-sided so is it a useful tool?? Sellers should be able to leave feedback ESPECIALLY for NON_PAYERS!

Message 55 of 158
latest reply

Sellers have not been able to leave buyers Negative or Neutral feedback since May of 2008.

Message 56 of 158
latest reply

I bend over backwards for buyers....until it's a scam or a **bleep** review.  I have openly admitted on some of my feedbacks that I was 100% wrong.  2 negitive I received was for a buyer who almost word for work said what was wrong with item I sold "as is" that I stated in the description was wrong with the item, how is that the sellers fault?  The second the people for another country contacted me and flat out said give me a refund or I will leave a bad review.

I agree that some sellers customer service needs help but so does ebay in how they handle these fradulant buyers and their feedback.  Just my opinion haha

Message 57 of 158
latest reply

I thought I was the only one.  I have a couple I'm ready to go to war over!!!!

Message 58 of 158
latest reply

great news 🙂

Message 59 of 158
latest reply

@seller_news_team,

"Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for both sellers and buyers on eBay...".

In my humble opinion as a buyer and seller is you skewed the pooch!!  An improvement for buyers would have been where a seller's username and feedback number is at the top of the listing, would have been a See all feedback Here button. Not hiding it at the very bottom of a listing many may not scroll down far enough to see.

"Starting this week, sellers’ replies and buyers’ follow-ups to feedback will be shown on all places feedback is viewable. This update includes showing replies on desktop and mobile web pages, the view item page of eBay’s mobile apps, and the storefront feedback profile page". 

How much time did you spend on "improving" something that was already available, at least when using a computer? If it was not viewable on the app, that should have been fixed a long time ago.

"...eBay by improving relevancy and displaying images.

Please explain how Relevant feedback comments that are from 6 months ago or in the last year, being displayed before ones received in the last Month, unless the Most Recent button is selected.  To most buyers the Most Relevant feedback is the negative and neutrals a seller has received, followed by the most recent ones.

Being able to see an image can be useful, but more often I'm only concerned with comments, and the possible replies from sellers.

Why an (All v) selection button, when there are buttons that can be used to display from 25 to 200 feedback per page, already?  Granted, some might want to see feedback from this month or last 6 months only, on a high volume seller's profile, but they probably want to look for the negs and neuts, more than anything else.

"We’ve now made an additional update based on what the seller community says is a top request for how we display feedback". 

My guess is you chose the seller's you wanted to hear from, selected from a most synchophantic sellers, (most likely the ones from China) list. Why weren't buyers who also use feedback, whether they leave it or not brought into your discussions?  Don't we count?  Even though I only qualify as an occasional seller these days on my personal selling ID, I still have enough to have been asked what changes I would like to see, if only based on the length of time I have been selling.

As a buyer who has left feedback for over 5,000 purchases, since 2001, don't you think I might have been interested in any changes how feedback was going to be displayed.

"These feedback enhancements give potential buyers better insights into your products, and can add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence while shopping".

You want to give me more insight into a seller's product, you should have removed  "Private listing" from being an option on feedback pages. You should have left in the (see feedback) for a specific multiple quantity item listing.  The info culled from those feedback could be very important to buyers.

If your intent was to "add cedibility" a request to the higher ups to allow long time low volume sellers to have Top Rated status so their listings would have a higher search visibility, even if they don't qualify for discounts.

Allow feedback for items where buyers lost an initial dispute, that were later over turned on Appeal.

Remove Top Rated status from sellers like the one in the screen shot below.

Remove the option for very high volume sellers to have feedback removed unless they actually qualified for removal. I wonder how many the one below did get removed.

Honest feedback either positive or non positive, does instill confidence in buyers.

mudshark61369_1-1708884154959.png

Confidence in this site has less to do with feedback, than it does from decisions handed down from On High, but real improvements to feedback might help.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 60 of 158
latest reply