cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Feedback Enhancements now Visible

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for buyers on eBay. We are making these changes in order to give potential buyers better insight into your products.

Starting last month, eBay sellers have been able to preview images on their sold multi-quantity items feedback. With the success of the program thus far, we are starting to make those images available to buyers as well. We will continue to test images on feedback into 2024.

Richer text and images in feedback can add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence for interested buyers as they shop. To date, we've already collected almost a million images and the vast majority are associated with positive feedback and showcase the great products and positive experiences buyers have with our eBay sellers. Existing policies related to feedback and feedback removal will also apply to images.

These updates will help to add trust to reviews, increase buyer confidence and  drive conversion for your listings. 

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Team

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Re: Update: Feedback Enhancements now Visible

I do not know if you are aware, but your Feedback updates have also made previously removed Feedback that was over a year old reappear in violation of eBay’s Feedback Policy.   If you have been a eBay seller for over a year, and have any negative or neutral feedback from previous years that had been removed, it now appears in your current feedback status, and can deter potential clients from purchasing.  This is also extremely problematic since it is the Christmas season, and sales are at a premium.  

Thank you.

m.

Message 2 of 94
latest reply

Same thing here. Just on mobile though not on desktop. 

Message 3 of 94
latest reply

@casualdrip wrote:

Same thing here. Just on mobile though not on desktop. 

@casualdrip I'm also only seeing it on the app so far, not on desktop.

For anyone wondering what it looks like when viewed by a buyer, screenshots here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/I-recently-received-my-first-picture-feedback/m-p/34173921/hig... 

Message 4 of 94
latest reply

Also, it looks like buyers will be able to filter to narrow feedback down to only those that include pictures.

picfeedback4.jpeg

Message 5 of 94
latest reply

@timelessvintagecollectibles wrote:

I do not know if you are aware, but your Feedback updates have also made previously removed Feedback that was over a year old reappear in violation of eBay’s Feedback Policy.   If you have been a eBay seller for over a year, and have any negative or neutral feedback from previous years that had been removed, it now appears in your current feedback status, and can deter potential clients from purchasing.  This is also extremely problematic since it is the Christmas season, and sales are at a premium.

@seller_news_team : Any comment on the above?

Message 6 of 94
latest reply

Yes and it is not fair. I wonder if they plan on dong anything about this

Message 7 of 94
latest reply

@zobal99 wrote:

Yes and it is not fair. I wonder if they plan on dong anything about this

I suspect they will, but the timing may not be as fast as desired.  Software is updated on a schedule, and slipping something new into an existing and ready-for-product install can be very problematic.

The other problem is your 'fire-fighting' programming team needs to be the best of your best - folks who can find it, fix it, test in, and install it with the least problems.  The drawback is that these "superstars" (yes Jimmy, there is such a thing as an IT Superstar) generally don't care to clean up other people's messes.  Makes keeping that fire-fighting team top-drawer somewhat problematic.  And no, more money is not always the solution -- the best programmers are looking for the next challenge, the next "I didn't think you could make a computer do that" request.

I know I give eBay a lot of grief on the seemingly constant buglet issues every time something new is added - and there's a reason for that - but I do recognize the complexity that some shops have to deal with.  I miss those challenges (I was IT design/development for over 20yrs) sometimes... then one of the grands will call and I remember why I got out of IT when I did.  🙂

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 8 of 94
latest reply

sorry I meant to reply to the reply above me. I am seeing old negative and neutrals come back on mobile. Love the work you do by the way. 

Message 9 of 94
latest reply

@casualdrip wrote:

sorry I meant to reply to the reply above me. I am seeing old negative and neutrals come back on mobile. Love the work you do by the way. 

@casualdrip thanks for the kind words! The confusion was totally my fault, I just completely missed that you were replying to the post above yours and not the original one....that's what I get for trying to multitask and do too many things at once. 😂

So it would seem both of the "enhancements" eBay is testing for feedback are currently only showing in the app.

Message 10 of 94
latest reply

Whether just on the app or not, those FB were removed for a REASON and to reinstate them AND show them on current FB is beyond unfair to sellers.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 11 of 94
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

Whether just on the app or not, those FB were removed for a REASON and to reinstate them AND show them on current FB is beyond unfair to sellers.

I think if someone in Ebay does actually respond to look into this they will need to see one or more examples. I hate to make you dredge up old grief but can you post a screenshot or two showing the previously-removed feedback now being seen in the mobile app? Asking for examples is probably the very first thing they are going to ask for.

Message 12 of 94
latest reply

The examples will have to come from someone else as I prefer to ignore the app unless I'm out and about and want to look up something. I never use it to buy or sell.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 13 of 94
latest reply

can you post a screenshot or two showing the previously-removed feedback

@itsjustasprain 

Very good advice which I shall follow forthwith.  

I use a computer and NOT an app.   My recent view showed a seller that had "---" as a negative feedback, perhaps the actual message was removed and the red donut was not..... the actual comments were still truly visible if on chose to click on the "number of negs"...... 

I will be certain to document this in the future.  Be advised that replies by the "ebay blues" said that feedbacks would displayed in their "new order" (sounds kind of Nazilike) would pull them from the previous five years.  Like DUH...perhaps the seller freaking improved from five years ago?  

Message 14 of 94
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35  @timelessvintagecollectibles  - just for clarity, when you say feedback that was removed is showing back up again, what do you mean?

Is this feedback that was actually removed - as in you requested for eBay to remove it due to policy violations and/or seller protections and eBay removed it but now it has been reinstated?

Or do you mean it's just old feedback that was never actually "removed", it was just previously not as obvious/visible and now it's being surfaced to buyers because of the new way the feedback is being sorted?

Message 15 of 94
latest reply