cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Feedback Replies

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for both sellers and buyers on eBay by improving relevancy and displaying images. These feedback enhancements give potential buyers better insights into your products, and can add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence while shopping. We’ve now made an additional update based on what the seller community says is a top request for how we display feedback. 

Starting this week, sellers’ replies and buyers’ follow-ups to feedback will be shown on all places feedback is viewable. This update includes showing replies on desktop and mobile web pages, the view item page of eBay’s mobile apps, and the storefront feedback profile page. 

Buyers will be able to see your customer service interactions on all positive, negative, and neutral feedback. You can reply to buyer feedback on your feedback profile page via a desktop computer. 

Responding to buyer feedback is a great way to showcase your knowledge about your products, provide context for the feedback provided by buyers, and demonstrate your commitment to a great buyer experience. 

We encourage sellers to work towards a solution with buyers who had unsatisfactory experience and attempt to rectify the situation. Responding to buyer feedback with additional context about how you followed up can be a key part of this process. 

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Team

Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

Seven pages of sellers all leaving the exact same automated feedback? Nah.

Message 151 of 158
latest reply

@starlilyth  not sure how many pages I've got.......but what I leave is all the same.....

Message 152 of 158
latest reply

@starlilyth wrote:

Seven pages of sellers all leaving the exact same automated feedback? Nah.

@starlilyth  I think one reason it may "seem" more suspicious is that eBay's super special algorithm for "most relevant" appears to preference these default comments and surface them together - which only highlights the fact that the comments are exactly the same and makes it look more sketchy or odd than it otherwise might.

I posted screenshots in another thread on this issue that illustrate how weird it looks when they are all clumped together like this, but when you change to "most recent" sort, you'll see them peppered in among other comments and it looks totally normal.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Buyer-has-multiple-feedback-same-exact-comments-from-different... 

Message 153 of 158
latest reply

"just keep the feedback listed in chronological order starting with the most recent at the top, because the most recent IS the most relevant" 

That's all I've asked for!  There's ONE neutral feedback that pops up at the top of list every time.  The wording is certainly not neutral.  Put them in chronological order and it doesn't have to be the first thing people see!

Message 154 of 158
latest reply

How about letting sellers be able to leave honest feedback with neutrals and negatives?  You all seem fine with letting buyers abuse feedback for sellers,,so you can't use that excuse to deny this from sellers.

Message 155 of 158
latest reply

Hey devon@ebay - is there a timeline for de-pinning the feedback and monthly chat threads from the selling board? They've been up there since Jan and Feb, and it's kind of annoying to have to keep scrolling past them.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 156 of 158
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey devon@ebay - is there a timeline for de-pinning the feedback and monthly chat threads from the selling board? They've been up there since Jan and Feb, and it's kind of annoying to have to keep scrolling past them.

Hey @wastingtime101! I can go ahead and have the unpinned now!  

Devon,
eBay
Message 157 of 158
latest reply

"Most Relevant"??  Most relevant to what? It makes no sense. Every time you click on anything it reverts  right back to "Most Relevant" It has no use and makes no sense. Makes anything you are trying to do impossible. Also now I can try to search for my older feedbacks and can't do it. No matter how many times I click on 200 per page it will not change past 25. Anything you try just makes you start over. Everything you click on changes something else. Fought it for weeks now and today it is totally unusable.

Message 158 of 158
latest reply