cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Poll 2 : is GTC Good or Bad for your Business? After a month what are your thoughts?

Just a simple poll for the Community.

Do you think the GTC format is beneficial for your current eBay needs?

IF eBay gave you a choice???? 

Would you have said Yes or No to a GTC format?  This is a simple yes or  no question.

This was a very interesting poll posted about two weeks ago.  My sales are down approximately 40% from last month and I feel the GTC policy is the primary reason.     In my opinion It creates a lot more work/time to manage and takes a way the "sense of urgency" from potential buyers.  I feel is it horrible for small/mid size sellers and will result in additional fees if sellers are not  very careful. 

Now that it's approaching a month since it was made the only fixed price option to sellers, what is your opinion?

Thanks

Message 1 of 236
latest reply
235 REPLIES 235

Re: Community Poll 2 : is GTC Good or Bad for your Business? After a month what are your thoughts?

I don't like it at all. I find it very hard to keep up with my items for sale.

Message 91 of 236
latest reply

Re: Community Poll 2 : is GTC Good or Bad for your Business? After a month what are your thoughts?

NO!!! GTC is bad and ruining my sales. I used to list with 3 day listings which made my items appear on top in searches on the first and last day. I had very good results with this and out of a 3 day run with 20 avionics listed i would usually sell at least 1 or 2 items. From april 9th 2019 to april 16th 2018 ( so in a 7 day timespan ) ive had 8 sales using my 3 day system. Then came the easter holidays and i dident list anything again until april 23d 2019. Since i started listing again untill today may 7th 2019 ( so a 14 day timespan ) the GTC Policy came into effect and ive had only 2 sales. Ive also notived that i have a lot less views. So how is this good for business? Ebay does not care about the average seller. They are happy to make their money off advertising and big sellers with 10000+ listings selling cheap chinese junk. So now i will do as many others already have done. I will spread my items out over many other selling platforms and probably also make my own website. If that works out then i will close my eBay account and be free at last. I wish good luck to all the other sellers out there who are experiencing the same problems since ebays GTC came into effect.

Message 92 of 236
latest reply

I'd have said NO

Message 93 of 236
latest reply

I HATE IT!!!!!!

Message 94 of 236
latest reply

Spoiler
Spoiler
BIG NO
Message 95 of 236
latest reply

I'd say NO, a lot of extra work and my sales are down
Message 96 of 236
latest reply

It's not good!

As someone stated in another post. People are being driven to the "I want it now" mentality and it should be shipped for free!

Amazon is to blame for this!

I do not understand why people use Amazon? When my web searches were directed to Amazon, I did not see any price benefits (Ebay is cheaper). I'm guessing people are sold on the membership fee and that they feel they need to use Amazon to get a return for their investment in fee cost.  Just like Sam's Club and Costco. They are not always cheaper!

Ebay needs to do two things:

1. move! get out of Cali and save money all around! 

2. run adds to compete with Amazon. Not just during the holidays.

Ebay is great and they need to market that! New, used , vintage, antique, rare, and so on. I don't think Amazon offers all that! Amazon is about overstock, retail store bulk returns, and containers from China.

Ebay offers Buyer and seller protection!

The sites that offer local  sales / trades dealings are always on the news of people being robbed or even killed. 

Message 97 of 236
latest reply

no
Message 98 of 236
latest reply

Sales are down 75%. I am begging ebay to change back to let us choose how many days we have an item listed for. I was making such good money. Now last week I had 100 dollars in sales. This is killing me. I do hope the ebay execs notice this and change things back the way they were. I have been eating one meal a day just to try to cut down spending money and I have a son to take care of too. Not sure what I am going to do. I am 60 years old and it is hard for me to find a job with so many young people getting hired. HELP!!!!

Message 99 of 236
latest reply

Big fat NO.
Message 100 of 236
latest reply

No

Message 101 of 236
latest reply

I agree.  I still have a faint hope that the GTC mandate will be repealed at some point, but it will probably take a long-term plunge in eBay's sales to convince them to do it.  (Either that or until the managers responsible for the change are no longer in charge).  They probably aren't going to reverse the GTC mandate just because a large number of their customers hate it. 

I am trying to adapt - I switched a lot of my 30 day FP listings to 10 day auctions with BIN. Even though my sales didn't seem affected, I ended up with a bunch of nonpaying bidders on both my seller accounts because the low bid won (no way to select immediate payment unless they use BIN), so this is not working well for me. Now I am switching to  GTC with the plan to cancel on day 29.   I am also moving some of my stuff to The River, and am no longer buying inventory for eBay, (just buying for The River).  It is no longer fun to sell here. 

Message 102 of 236
latest reply

I've been selling here since 2005 and built my sales to consistently 2-3 per day (about $1,000 per month for $12 items) for the last 3 years or so. Now NOTHING. Weekly sales for 4/7 to 5/4 were 8-4-6-2. I have sold 3 items in the last 13 days.  I have always used GTC since I list multiples in most listing. Have a basic store, 245 listings, Top Rated Plus seller with 7,049 100% feedback.  I'm wondering if not opting into Managed Payment has killed my sales.

Message 103 of 236
latest reply

Big fat no.

Don't know if GTC has been the primary cause of my decline, but it seems coincidental that it started around that time.

Pre-owned apparel / shoes.

Down 55.9% over my previous year (last year was already down from the year before that). 

Message 104 of 236
latest reply

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

HATE IT!!!

Message 105 of 236
latest reply