cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you do this? BUYER requested a link with two items from our store

Dear fellow eBay resellers,

Buyer wants us to send a link with combined shipping to them for two items in our store. She hasn't paid yet only asked a question about it. It seems like this would be easy. Any tips? I've searched on eBay for the last hour and it's only if they buy it and don't pay. Then you can send an invoice with combined shipping. 

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Can you do this? BUYER requested a link with two items from our store

MORE CLARIFICATION: She hasn't bought it yet. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Unless you see those items in your awaiting payment or buyer has made a purchase there's no way you can send an invoice on items. 
Sending an invoice and combining payment 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

As they are configured, your listings do not allow me to add them to the shopping cart and "Request combined shipping" from the shopping cart. 

So your buyer can either purchase and pay for both items and trust you to give a refund after the fact, or you can create a new listing that combines the two item. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Quote them a price.  Tell them that after they make the purchase and send the payment you will send the shipping refund.   I've done this a number of times with no problems from the buyers.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I've searched on eBay for the last hour and it's only if they buy it and don't pay. Then you can send an invoice with combined shipping. 

@pickinweedsvintage 

Buyers can put items in their cart and "request a total" before they pay.  Unfortunately, buyers that use a mobile app do not have that "request total" button available to them.  Even if they are using a computer, it won't work if one or more of the items are 'on sale', which most of yours seem to be.  

You can, as suggested, ask the buyer to pay for them separately, and you can refund the extra shipping after the fact.  Some will go along with it, others will not for there is nothing that forces a seller to comply. 

Another option would be to make a special listing just for them with all the items for one price and shipping. In the past, this special listing would be at a high price with a make offer feature.  In this point in time, with eBay messing with the 'make offer' feature I would not recommend counting on the make offer to function appropriately, as they are rolling out some new "enhancements, intended changes, tests, features that look like a glitch" whether or not you retain the Buyer Requirements with a default to YES that eBay added to your account (You do retain these) that resulted in auto-pay and killed the ability to combine items for offers.  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@vintage-camerastuff wrote:

Quote them a price.  Tell them that after they make the purchase and send the payment you will send the shipping refund.   I've done this a number of times with no problems from the buyers.

This is what I do, much simpler.

Another option is make a new listing with all items which I have done in the past but the problem with that is the time to set it up and the possibility that the buyer may not follow through then you have to put it back like it was and may of missed a sale in the meantime

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I would make arrangements for a shipped price on the 2 items in messaging, Then take both items down (you can relist if she doesn't follow through) and create a listing with the title "special listing for XXX "(her ID) and message the link to the special listing to her. You can even let her know it's only good until say Friday at noon. With any luck the sale goes through and all is good. If not, take down her special listing and repost your original 2 items

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Can you believe after 15 years of this as an issue the site has not yet come up with a truly viable and user friendly way of combining items in a shipment? - It is utterly inexcusable - I'm sure the profits they felt they kept from fees from higher shipping costs has been diminished to the point of a loss by frustrated users, lost sales and lost customers - Thats the ebay way I guess - Higher revenue at the expense of growth, usability and good will?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Make a new listing with both items as a 'buy it now' with 'immediate payment required' and tell the buyer the 12 digit item number and that 'it will only be listed for 24 hours'. If they don't 'buy it' end the listing. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Sounds like the buyer is trying to deal outside of eBay? (send a link)

Have they made an offer? Did you send an offer? 

You stated they have not bought yet.

Just tell them you will adjust shipping cost / refund after payment received and confirmed by eBay. 

Side note: Have you reviewed this buyer's profile and all feedback?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply