cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants to cancel order .... very rude.... need your opinions

All these years and I just got my 1st cancel order request. The buyer put in Best offers on 3 items and the offers were fair so I accepted and sent the invoice. About 10 minutes later, I get the email from ebay stating the buyer wanted to cancel the order. I sent a message to the buyer asking them if there was a problem and instantly got a reply back saying "Dont be rude, just cancel the dang order."

Here's my question....if I cancel the order per the buyers request through ebay, can they still leave me feedback on the 3 sales??  Also, should I cancel it or should I just let it run and then open an UPI in 2 days.  I've already put them on my BBL for future transactions (which is sad because he had over 1600 pos feedback all saying great buyer and superfast payer). Just stumped on this one. All help appreciated

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

The buyer was the one who was rude. Cancel at buyer's request and have no further contact. You did right by adding to BBL. I would consider myself lucky this buyer cancelled. If they leave nasty feedback have ebay review it. You haven't done anything wrong and maybe it could be removed for being abusive rather than factual. Just my thoughts. I wish you the best.

Message 16 of 78
latest reply

@mistwomandancing wrote:

The thing about Discussion Boards is that they are pretty much open to "discussion" and those conversations sometimes range to side thoughts related to what someone said here in the text of their own post. 

If you cancel the sale at the buyer's request, there IS no sale transaction for the buyer to post feedback to. 

Yes there is. Cancelling a transaction doesn't erase the transaction as if it never happened. The buyer can still leave feedback and the transaction still appears on their purchase history.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 17 of 78
latest reply

Question here.....

I've had very, very few requests to cancel, but of those few.. NO transaction showed up in my solds for any buyer to use to leave feedback.  There was no transaction, so nowhere for feedback to be left in either direction.  There was simply.. nothing.

But some of you are saying feedback CAN be left.  I'd like to understand where and how...  and what I'm misunderstanding about this.  thanks

Message 18 of 78
latest reply

lol  you posted before I asked for more info.  It's been quite a long time since I've had a request, but I didn't remember anything showing at all.

thanks for the info

Message 19 of 78
latest reply

Had a guy put in the best offer for some pants.  I immediately accepted.  A day later he comes back with already bought a pair and I am not going to pay for yours.  Was he rude, yep, did I think about filing a UPI on him, sure did, did I cancel, of course.  I don't need the grief.  Yes, the letter he sent me was rude.  Did I take it personally, nope.  Price of doing business.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 20 of 78
latest reply

"Dont be rude, just cancel the dang order."

Yes, that is a rude response to your question, and I would have to bite my tongue, but I would go ahead and cancel.  Then, if they do give bad feedback you would have a good case to get them removed since you have proof they told you to do that.

The other route could lead to a monetary loss, and I try to avoid those if at all possible.

Message 21 of 78
latest reply

@vintage-psa-investments wrote:

I dont know how you were raised but I was taught manners and how to be polite to people when I was a coming up as a child. Just my opinion, but i think when you send a polite message asking if there were any issues and you get a reply of "Dont be rude, just cancel the dang order" ....I kind of think thats rude.  I CAME TO THE FORUM to ask an opinion on what to do...NOT TO GET PEOPLES OPINION on what being rude was. I thought this forum would be helpful....

"Re: Buyer wants to cancel order .... very rude.... need your opinions"  So, you see, you DID ask for an opinion on whether the buyer was rude.

Message 22 of 78
latest reply

The buyer wasn't "very" rude. Given some things I have read here what the buyer said was hardly rude at all. I'm not saying they couldn't be nicer, I don't like what they said but I'm not comfortable either with people getting all outraged over very little, cancel the dang sale and move on. Let's not blow this up into something it is not.

Message 23 of 78
latest reply

I know buyers can only receive pos feedback, what I was wondering was if I cancel the order per the buyers request, If he wants to be a butt about the situation, could he leave any neg feedback or if the order is canceled, does that take away his ability to leave feedback.

buyer can't leave feedback on a cancelled order... of course.

Message 24 of 78
latest reply

Buyers CAN leave feedback if the listing is seller cancelled

Message 25 of 78
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

Buyers CAN leave feedback if the listing is seller cancelled

Not relevant in this case

Message 26 of 78
latest reply

@mistressmine ...sigh....

"Re: Buyer wants to cancel order .... very rude.... need your opinions"  So, you see, you DID ask for an opinion on whether the buyer was rude.

If you would take your time and reread my op NOWHERE did I ask if the buyer was rude. I was asking about what to do with the transaction and could he leave feedback if I cancelled per his request

Message 27 of 78
latest reply

I was just correcting what you said which could confuse readers

Message 28 of 78
latest reply

@grilled wrote:

I know buyers can only receive pos feedback, what I was wondering was if I cancel the order per the buyers request, If he wants to be a butt about the situation, could he leave any neg feedback or if the order is canceled, does that take away his ability to leave feedback.

buyer can't leave feedback on a cancelled order... of course.

@grilled

Yes, they can.  I even confirmed with an ebay rep that feedback can be given when a buyer does the  1 hour cancel request option.  They said if bad feedback is given that they could review it for possible removal but it was allowed.

Message 29 of 78
latest reply

You were not being rude. The customer just did not want to complete the transaction with you because after he or she gave you there offer, Ebay then showed them the same item by another seller that was cheaper. See, Ebays got your back. But yes its better to just refund Ebays customer and move on. 

Message 30 of 78
latest reply