cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants to cancel order .... very rude.... need your opinions

All these years and I just got my 1st cancel order request. The buyer put in Best offers on 3 items and the offers were fair so I accepted and sent the invoice. About 10 minutes later, I get the email from ebay stating the buyer wanted to cancel the order. I sent a message to the buyer asking them if there was a problem and instantly got a reply back saying "Dont be rude, just cancel the dang order."

Here's my question....if I cancel the order per the buyers request through ebay, can they still leave me feedback on the 3 sales??  Also, should I cancel it or should I just let it run and then open an UPI in 2 days.  I've already put them on my BBL for future transactions (which is sad because he had over 1600 pos feedback all saying great buyer and superfast payer). Just stumped on this one. All help appreciated

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Re: Buyer wants to cancel order .... very rude.... need your opinions

@dealsagent wrote:
I don't get it. He changed his mind or whatever, get over it. It's not like you shipped it or its an expense to you in anyway. The equivalent of this is if you had a physical store and the person placed an item in their cart but then decided to just leave it at the register. Are you going to get bitter and chase them out?

But that might be the exact item that I, as a buyer, have been looking for and now the item has been taken off the market by someone else.

I do wonder when things like this happen if it is just another seller with the same type of items trying to narrow down the field by taking out other sellers items.

When a buyer requests to cancel then eBay should make the seller whole again by adding back the listing that was used and returning any fees involved because it wasn't the seller's fault they got a flaky buyer.

Message 76 of 78
latest reply

I get it wasn't "very" rude, but was rude. Working front desk I just let that stuff roll off, but I do wonder in my head at times "would it hurt you to be PLEASANT?"

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 77 of 78
latest reply

If you're going to play the best offer game - this type of thing is going to happen at some point in time.  Many such buyers make offers on a number of items at the same time -  just paying for the best deal.

Don't waste your time asking the buyer if there is a problem - just do as requested and move on.  

Message 78 of 78
latest reply