cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants to cancel order .... very rude.... need your opinions

All these years and I just got my 1st cancel order request. The buyer put in Best offers on 3 items and the offers were fair so I accepted and sent the invoice. About 10 minutes later, I get the email from ebay stating the buyer wanted to cancel the order. I sent a message to the buyer asking them if there was a problem and instantly got a reply back saying "Dont be rude, just cancel the dang order."

Here's my question....if I cancel the order per the buyers request through ebay, can they still leave me feedback on the 3 sales??  Also, should I cancel it or should I just let it run and then open an UPI in 2 days.  I've already put them on my BBL for future transactions (which is sad because he had over 1600 pos feedback all saying great buyer and superfast payer). Just stumped on this one. All help appreciated

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

@castlemagicmemories said "thus wasting her time"     ......just so everyone knows, I'm a guy not a girl grin

Message 61 of 78
latest reply

@jodieblue57 wrote:

@candd205 wrote:

It's pretty easy, just cancel at Buyers request and costs you nothing to cancel the sale at this point.

Could save you later for return costs if the buyer tries to return the item saying it was not as described. Then it costs you shipping both ways.

If I understand the seller correctly, it sounds like the buyer commited to purchase the items - did not actually pay for them before requesting that the transaction be cancelled. So, your comment about return costs and buyer possibly saying NAD, makes no sense. The items were never mailed out.  

With all due respect, actually it does make sense.   IF the seller files a UID, to force the buyer to pay, and buyer does pay to avoid a strike, buyer may suddenly find reasons to return the items and get a refund, by claiming SNAD, not as described, so seller pays return shipping.  Seller pays return shipping and refunds original shipping and item cost.  Thus expensive for seller.  Buyer gets his cancel at no cost either way.  So best to not force the buyer to pay as it may bite you at a later date.  Hope this makes sense!

Message 62 of 78
latest reply

Hi , I'd say if you haven't received payment and  shipped the items  then just accept the cancellation . Its happened to most sellers . Sometimes people run into unexpected expenses  and need to cancel  purchases . 

Message 63 of 78
latest reply

@vintage-psa-investmentsSorry, no gender offense intended!

I try to use gender neutral forms but obviously sometimes one sneaks through.

My apologies to you, Sir!

Message 64 of 78
latest reply

I agree with you . The buyers response was out of line . 

Message 65 of 78
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@jodieblue57 wrote:

@candd205 wrote:

It's pretty easy, just cancel at Buyers request and costs you nothing to cancel the sale at this point.

Could save you later for return costs if the buyer tries to return the item saying it was not as described. Then it costs you shipping both ways.

If I understand the seller correctly, it sounds like the buyer commited to purchase the items - did not actually pay for them before requesting that the transaction be cancelled. So, your comment about return costs and buyer possibly saying NAD, makes no sense. The items were never mailed out.  

With all due respect, actually it does make sense.   IF the seller files a UID, to force the buyer to pay, and buyer does pay to avoid a strike, buyer may suddenly find reasons to return the items and get a refund, by claiming SNAD, not as described, so seller pays return shipping.  Seller pays return shipping and refunds original shipping and item cost.  Thus expensive for seller.  Buyer gets his cancel at no cost either way.  So best to not force the buyer to pay as it may bite you at a later date.  Hope this makes sense!

Seller would also be taking a risk as to whether their items would be returned or not.  If their items are returned, they may not be in the conditon sent; they may be damaged.  More financial expense for the seller.

Message 66 of 78
latest reply

Cancel it! Move on....people are unsure at times. It happens !

Message 67 of 78
latest reply

@vintage-psa-investments wrote:

@castlemagicmemories said "thus wasting her time"     ......just so everyone knows, I'm a guy not a girl grin

OoOoh ... are you the one standing next to Rick Flair in your avitar?  innocent

Message 68 of 78
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz said "The OP didn't seem to be rude when she asked her buyer if there was a problem" ....

Just to clear this up, I'm a guy grin

Message 69 of 78
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

LOL.... I wish. That would be my favorite wrestler of all time... Tully Blanchard

Message 70 of 78
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

LOL.... I wish. That would be my favorite wrestler of all time... Tully Blanchard

Ahhhh ... OK.    I used to love to watch wrestling but not the new kind.    My grandfather was the light-weight champion of England way back in the day.  

Message 71 of 78
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@vintage-psa-investmentsSorry, no gender offense intended!

I try to use gender neutral forms but obviously sometimes one sneaks through.

My apologies to you, Sir!

LOL....No apologies needed!

Message 72 of 78
latest reply

@fossil_diver wrote:
If the buyer requests cancellation they can't leave negative feedback.

It has been confirmed by ebay staff the the buyer CAN leave feedback for a cancelled transaction with or without payment. Buyer requested or not.

See previous threads.

@fossil_diver

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 73 of 78
latest reply

That's why UID should always be opened.   There will be less of this if buyers get penalized for pulling the stunt.  Unless there is a legitimate issue... but clearly, this buyer is a jerk. 

Message 74 of 78
latest reply

No, that's not an equivalent.  And no, the seller isn't "chasing them out".  Poor analogy.  

Message 75 of 78
latest reply