cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking bidders with zero or negative feedback

Ebay used to have a way sellers can automatically block buyers with zero or negative feedback.  Is that tool gone?  I have had an influx of non payers due to this and it isn't fair that I should have to keep my item from actually selling to another until the 5th day.

Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

I have been here since 1998, and only remember a buyer block for  -1 to -5,  but never for 0 feedback buyer, just saying...

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 31 of 105
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

@lb-squared wrote:

Back in 2005 there was an option to block anyone who had 5 or less feedback.

Have you read any of the posts explaining the other half of this block?

Methinks you waste your breath.  There are none so deaf as those who will not hear.

-

-

Message 32 of 105
latest reply

@doc-holmes wrote:

Perhaps it's a Mandela effect. 

@doc-holmes 

I had never heard of the 'Mandela effect' ... but thank you for the fun 20 minutes I just spent Googling the term and reading many examples of it!   😊

Message 33 of 105
latest reply

@firefreak54 wrote:

Why would you want to block someone with zero feedback?  Didn’t you start out with zero feedback at one time? Some of my best sales have been with buyers who had zero feedback. If you’re worried about non-payers sell your items as BIN and without offers.

I just shipped something to a zero feedback buyer last week. They left me a lovely feedback and said they'd come back to buy from me again. That's the kind of buyer I love to have!

Message 34 of 105
latest reply

@lb-squared wrote:

Ebay used to have a way sellers can automatically block buyers with zero or negative feedback.  

When was the last time you saw a buyer with negative feedback?

Message 35 of 105
latest reply

@lb-squared 

I have had more than 50% defaults from people with 0 or neg feedback.  It's a game to them.

That's your demographic.

Add the Immediate Payment Required option to your Fixed Price listings.

The listing will stay visible until someone actually pays.

Note that accepting an Offer negates the IPR, since the customer may not be at his screen when you accept the offer.

Message 36 of 105
latest reply

Listings are sold once an offer is accepted and not visible.  😁

Message 37 of 105
latest reply

Back in the good old days, sellers were allowed to leave negative feedback.  Now, we can only give positive warning to others...

Message 38 of 105
latest reply

@lb-squared wrote:

Listings are sold once an offer is accepted and not visible.  😁

Yes, that's what she said: "accepting an Offer negates the IPR".  The Immediate Payment Required option applies only to full-price "buy it now" purchases.

Message 39 of 105
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I have had more than 50% defaults from people with 0 or neg feedback.  It's a game to them.

That's your demographic.

Absolutely. I have never had someone not pay me within an hour of accepting an offer. Usually it's more like within ten minutes.

Message 40 of 105
latest reply

@lb-squared wrote:

Back in the good old days, sellers were allowed to leave negative feedback.  Now, we can only give positive warning to others...

You mean negative comments disguised as a positive feedback? Nope. Can't do it. 

Message 41 of 105
latest reply

i do auctions.  no bin. i should be allowed to block the fun bidders. if they want to bin with other sellers that is ok with me.   most of the addresses are fake with fake names. . to be fair i would set mine at about 20 feedbacks. if ebay wont let me do this, ebay should be responsible for all of the time i spend relisting the items on the date i want and have no fees to relist an item on the date and time l want.

Message 42 of 105
latest reply

"They wouldn't ever even offer an option to block new users because they want to encourage new members to join and shop here". you failed to mention that it should be paid for. they could bin with pay now. after paying a few times they could buy from me  because they have already have proven that they have the money to pay for the item with a real address and a real name.

Message 43 of 105
latest reply

@lb-squared wrote:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-policies?id=4208

Feedback Manipulation

Members can't exchange feedback solely for the purpose of increasing feedback scores, gaining eBay privileges, or enhancing their reputation on our site. Neither can they influence another member's feedback through a series of repeat purchases, or by leaving negative comments with a positive rating.”

Message 44 of 105
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@femmefan1946 wrote:

That's your demographic.

Absolutely. I have never had someone not pay me within an hour of accepting an offer. Usually it's more like within ten minutes.

Not sure about an hour. But normally within a day. With the occasional two or three day ones. Have had a handful that asked if they can pay on whatever day though. Am fine with it.

But maybe my categories are usually less flaky or troublesome. If I had to guess, less than 5% don't pay.

Message 45 of 105
latest reply