cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking bidders with zero or negative feedback

Ebay used to have a way sellers can automatically block buyers with zero or negative feedback.  Is that tool gone?  I have had an influx of non payers due to this and it isn't fair that I should have to keep my item from actually selling to another until the 5th day.

Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

@lb-squared,

eBay used to have a requirement that would let you block buyers with negative feedback (meaning less than zero). However, since buyers have not been able to receive negative feedback for more than 10 years, that block is no use any more, and it has been removed.

There was never a way to block buyers with zero feedback. Some people believe that there used to be, but they are mistaken. It was for negative feedback only.

You can review and edit your buyer requirements here:

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Most of your listings are Buy It Now, so you can choose Immediate Payment Required for them:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/immediate-payment-works?id=415...

Message 2 of 105
latest reply

Back in the early 2000's there was an option to block a bidder with 5 or less feedback, I promise.

Message 3 of 105
latest reply

@lb-squared wrote:

Back in the early 2000's there was an option to block a bidder with 5 or less feedback, I promise.

Yes, and that block is still available now. BUT, it only applies to buyers who purchase or are winning more than a specified number of your listings within the last 10 days. You can't block them from buying the first item. This is not the same as blocking all bidders with zero (or low) feedback.

image.png

Message 4 of 105
latest reply

So they got rid of the original option of 5 or less. 

Message 5 of 105
latest reply

I'd sure like to have  this back again.....it would solve 70%+ of my customer issues on Ebay.

HK

Message 6 of 105
latest reply

@lb-squared wrote:

There has never been an  option to block buyers with zero or positive feedback from making that first purchase; the block is only for more than one item in 10 days as shown in the image in the other post.

Message 7 of 105
latest reply

Why would you want to block someone with zero feedback?  Didn’t you start out with zero feedback at one time? Some of my best sales have been with buyers who had zero feedback. If you’re worried about non-payers sell your items as BIN and without offers.

Message 8 of 105
latest reply

@lb-squared wrote:

It never existed.  Despite how you remember it, there was never such an option.

Everyone starts at zero.  Imagine walking into a shop and being told you were not allowed to buy anything there because you had never bought anything there.

Anyhow, it may vary depending upon the merchandise you sell, but I've never found a feedback score predictive of how much, if any, trouble a buyer will be.

-

Message 9 of 105
latest reply

@lb-squared wrote:

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@lb-squared wrote:

Yes, and that block is still available now. BUT, it only applies to buyers who purchase or are winning more than a specified number of your listings within the last 10 days. You can't block them from buying the first item. This is not the same as blocking all bidders with zero (or low) feedback.

image.png

No, they didn't. You can change the quantity using the drop-down list. You can select anything up to 5. You should probably check out the links yourself, so that you don't make incorrect assumptions.

But this has always ONLY applied to buyers making multiple purchases. It has never been possible to block a bidder with zero (or any amount of positive) feedback from making a purchase, on that basis only. You are remembering it wrong.

Message 10 of 105
latest reply

There is the block for buyers with 2 or more no pays in the last 12 months. 

Message 11 of 105
latest reply

There are no buyers with negative feedback. If you do get one, it's a very, very , very old account that someone started to you recently.  In Ebay's eyes, all buyers are darling little angels that pay fast and do not scam sellers.......  Only sellers can get negative feedback.

Message 12 of 105
latest reply

Personally I was having issues and took the advice of someone else on these boards.... I set my prices for buy it now with immediate payment required.  I also allow for offers, but I only accept offers for buyers that have a feedback of 10 or more, and I state this in my listings with the following message:  

Users with a feedback score of less than 10 will need to purchase items at stated buy it now price, and pay immediately.  I will no longer be accepting best offers from users with less than 10 feedback scores.  If you make an offer, it will be automatically declined.  I apologize for the inconvenience, but I have too many unpaid item cases from users with very low feedback ratings.

If someone makes an offer and they have less than 10 feedback, I decline the offer, and paste that text in as a response.  ON a few occassions I have decided to go ahead and accept the offer, even if they have less than 10 feedback, but 9 times out of 10.... I should NOT have accepted the offer.  I'm pretty firm on it these days.

Message 13 of 105
latest reply

darling little angels     That was cute & thanks for the chuckle🤣

Message 14 of 105
latest reply

@lb-squared wrote:

Ebay used to have a way sellers can automatically block buyers with zero or negative feedback.  Is that tool gone?  I have had an influx of non payers due to this and it isn't fair that I should have to keep my item from actually selling to another until the 5th day.

@lb-squared 

Ebay NEVER had an option to block newbies. 

The only option available (ever) is to limit the number of items a buyer can purchase from you within a certain number of days. 

They wouldn't ever even offer an option to block new users because they want to encourage new members to join and shop here.

Weren't you a 0-feedback member once @lb-squared ? What if you were blocked every time you tried to buy something? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 15 of 105
latest reply