cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

Made what I thought was a simple purchase of 2 bags of cat food on Sunday. Used a $10 off $30 coupon. Just a few minutes later I receive a seller message which states first they found the cat food to be defective when preparing to ship and then that they had returned all the cat food to the distributor due to being defective and didn't know when it would be available again. They asked me if I wanted to cancel.

I told them I would not initiate a cancellation and if they selected buyer cancellation as an option I'd contact ebay. I knew they were trying to avoid an OOS defect. I asked them what the defective bad issue was and called them out on their opposing excuses.  I quickly receive a reply stating they found another distributor (on a Sunday) and would be processing my order after all.  They failed to address my questions and left me the canned 'have a nice day' response. I knew this seller was lying about everything and making up reasons as to why they didn't have the product to ship.

Monday shows tracking input.  Today (tuesday) I'm awoken by packages being thrown on my porch. I think, "Wow! They really did ship my cat food". I opened the door and saw a plain white truck pull away. The boxes were from Walmart.com, I was perplexed since I didn't order anything from them. I see the tracking number on the label matches the seller provided tracking. I open up the packages shocked and appalled to see they shipped me 2 4# bags of Kibbles n Bits DOG food and NOT the 12# Fancy Feast CAT food I ordered. I knew they did this on purpose just to mess with me and create a hassle, but needed to be sure it wasn't a warehouse fullfillment mixup. I confirmed this with a call to Walmart, who this seller dropshipped from.  This seller did in fact order the Dog food shipped to me.   I then further confirmed this by seeing Walmart is OOS on the Cat Food I ordered! This proved 100% the seller did this on purpose! When I messaged them about what I received they continued to lie, claiming Walmart filled the order wrong. This was 100% invalid!!  No matter what, this seller wouldn't admit to lying through this entire ordeal.

I phoned ebay throughout these issues. I then had to file a return. Of course I knew the seller would agree in order to avoid the defect they tried to avoid from the start! So minutes later I received a return shipping label addressed to Walmart returns center. I confirmed with Walmart that this seller did in fact expedite a return and Walmart supplied a label. Walmart was appalled that any anyone would do this type of thing to a buyer on purpose.

The shipping label kept printing blank! It required me to download the label versus a direct print option.  It wasn't my error, I printed something immediately after to check. I had to phone ebay yet again and spend a half an hour to get a workable label. The Ebay CS rep lied stating ebay supplied the label when I questioned why I was given a label with a return address to Walmart. There is no way ebay supplied that label, they didn't know where the seller was shipping this bogus item from! I don't understand why the seller was able to get away with this. I'd expect the return would have to go to their seller account address and not a third party.

If sellers wonder where all the buyers have gone they only have other sellers to blame!! All I did was purchase 2 bags of cat food to feed my rescue cats, immediately paying. That should have been it. Instead this has been a nightmare ever since I pressed the purchase button!! While the horrible seller sits at home drop shipping items galore, a buyer is left holding the bag having to make constant phone calls, having my monies out there and having to go through the PITA return process. Not to mention I lost the $10 coupon I used to purchase from this awful person. Ebay claimed they were immediately reissuing it to me, but of course they failed to do so!

This seller is the absolute WORST I've ever come across. The intentional fraud they've perpetrated is simply disgusting! Next time you wonder why ebay has to believe the buyer over the seller as to what they received, think about this post! Ebay continues to let these type of sellers chase away the buyers!

Message 1 of 114
latest reply
113 REPLIES 113

Re: Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

For me, it is the lying.  I'm tired of all the lying in this world.  I can work with a seller in an OOS situation so that it doesn't harm them---if they are honest with me to begin with.

Message 46 of 114
latest reply

I don't like liars either Fernwood, my blood boils IF I let them, sometimes it happens in personal friends/family situations.

I have zero OOS defects, I am very careful about my inventory control. But I don't make a sale on ebay personal. Accepting the cancellation would have been so easy, and everybody could have moved along without emotional upheaval attached to a dog food transaction. I understand though that the coupon would have been wasted. 

Message 47 of 114
latest reply

I don't like the system anymore than you do - but I don't like a lier and as a buyer - I'm not taking a mark against my acct for requesting too many cancellations when I didn't ask for it. 

Thing is we can't have it both ways. You wouldn't hold the seller accountable because it might affect his livelihood just like someone who won't leave a neg as it might affect their livelihood - but is this the type of seller you want on this venue - disappointing buyers? I don't.

I'm sick of seeing others complain about sellers and refusing to use the rules Ebay has in place to weed these poor / bad sellers from the venue. How many buyers leave the venue because they don't feel sellers can be trusted due to OOS merchandise or misdescribed merchandise - all because someone accepted what that seller did because it might affect his livelihood? How about my livelihood and the livelihood of all the other sellers here who do the right thing and all the buyers who appreciate a heads up before they go and purchase from this bad seller?

Message 48 of 114
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

For me, it is the lying.  I'm tired of all the lying in this world.  I can work with a seller in an OOS situation so that it doesn't harm them---if they are honest with me to begin with.

^^^THIS^^^

If you're out of stock, just tell me. I'll ask you to cancel, we'll cancel and I'll look elsewhere for what I'm shopping for. It's no big deal, really it isn't. Stuff happens.  Do this and I'll remember your honesty and shop with you again.

Do NOT lie to me. Do NOT  "cancel at buyer's request" without me requesting it.  Do NOT send me something totally different so you can dodge an OOS defect.  Do this and I WILL call Ebay and I WILL make sure you get your defect, and hopefully you'll be kicked off Ebay for good.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 49 of 114
latest reply

I get it. I do. It would be helpful to know what this seller's track record is like. I don't mind dropshipping in and of itself, but when it fails, it fails badly.

This particular seller may be a dud even if he had the items in hand.

I've got a purchase that's been in limbo since I paid on Dec 10th. I suspect a dropshipper that's having a problem fulfilling my order. No communication, nothing except a label printed on Dec 11th. No acceptance scan, no movement. I'll know more in the next day or so. I can't even file INR because Ebay keeps pushing out the estimated delivery date. That just makes me even madder.

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 50 of 114
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

^^^THIS^^^

If you're out of stock, just tell me. I'll ask you to cancel, we'll cancel and I'll look elsewhere for what I'm shopping for. It's no big deal, really it isn't. Stuff happens.  Do this and I'll remember your honesty and shop with you again.

Do NOT lie to me. Do NOT  "cancel at buyer's request" without me requesting it.  Do NOT send me something totally different so you can dodge an OOS defect.  Do this and I WILL call Ebay and I WILL make sure you get your defect, and hopefully you'll be kicked off Ebay for good.

Ditto.  I purchased two ornaments from a purse brand seller on eBay a few years ago.  Items showed delivered I was excited. Before I got home I had a cancel for the reason buyer requested a return (apparently big sellers get more reasons)   I emailed them and was like I didn't request a return.  They then told me they were out of stock so they cancelled it.  So they sent me one and not the other.  The thing is I would have agreed to cancel if they had told me and I also wouldn't have wanted the second ornament they did send....

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 51 of 114
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

I don't like the system anymore than you do - but I don't like a lier and as a buyer - I'm not taking a mark against my acct for requesting too many cancellations when I didn't ask for it. 

Thing is we can't have it both ways. You wouldn't hold the seller accountable because it might affect his livelihood just like someone who won't leave a neg as it might affect their livelihood - but is this the type of seller you want on this venue - disappointing buyers? I don't.

I'm sick of seeing others complain about sellers and refusing to use the rules Ebay has in place to weed these poor / bad sellers from the venue. How many buyers leave the venue because they don't feel sellers can be trusted due to OOS merchandise or misdescribed merchandise - all because someone accepted what that seller did because it might affect his livelihood? How about my livelihood and the livelihood of all the other sellers here who do the right thing and all the buyers who appreciate a heads up before they go and purchase from this bad seller?

I like sweet southern tea's answer best. Tell me and I'll agree to cancel and not hold your feet to the fire. Didn't this seller ask for a cancellation? They did. Buyer decided sight unseen the product was not defective and seller was trying to avoid an out of stock defect, and buyer wanted to make sure that seller received a defect. Imho, that's making the cat food sale personal. We can't know whether the product was defective or not, seller said it was. Maybe the bag was torn open in a corner? Who knows, we sure don't. Maybe the seller was lying and they were out of stock. My point was that this transaction was for cat food? Was it worth it to go through all of that with the wrong dog food delivered? I wouldn't want this situation to play out for me. I would think, ok, cat food not available for whatever reason, and accept cancellation and move along and buy from some other seller. It's cat food, not the one of a kind item that comes up on ebay only ever 10-20 years. 

Do we want sellers who are out of stock? Of course not. As disappointments go in life, where would you put out of stock cat food on a 1-10 scale? Would it stop you from buying on ebay? It wouldn't stop me. 

Should the seller have accepted an out of stock defect? Yes! 

Would I try to force a seller to accept an out of stock defect? No! 

Message 52 of 114
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

I don't know why some seem so confused with the OP's story. 
The $10 off $30 coupon promotion is easily googled. The OP seems like a knowledgeable Ebay user who knows the rules and just wanted confirmation when presenting their case. Paypal never came into the equation and they know the rules of leaving feedback.

I commend the OP for verifyng everything so that Ebay knows exactly the unethical and malicious dealing with this seller. That alone should get them banned from selling. I applaud the OP for leaving appropriate feedback to warn others.

They have proof that the wrong item was intentionally ordered and should not have to return it. Ebay should give a coutesy refund to the buyer - re issue another $10 of $30 code and remove the seller from the site.

Many buyers / sellers have proof after something goes wrong, but getting ebay to acknowledge it is a whole nother story.

This is hardly the only seller who has tried to get out of a deal by lying.

Message 53 of 114
latest reply

I never understood buying it on ebay from a drop shipper.  Since the drop shipper needs to make money, you are paying more not saving.

Walmart is everywhere.  With manufacturers coupons and sales surely it would be cheaper to buy it from the source.  And safer for your pet.

Message 54 of 114
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

@sodelight wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

If someone had sent it to you unsolicited, then yes you can keep it.

But if you order something and they send you the wrong item, then yes you have to return it.

Actually because they intentionally sent me the wrong item from someplace I didn't order from, it qualifies. If it was a mistake it would be different. Walmart has record of this seller ordering 2 bags of dog food and sending them to me, I clearly didn't order them anywhere. In fact the first thing they asked me after my name was if I had been expecting a gift since I didn't place the order. This is also why Walmart told me I could keep it. It's ebay requiring the return. This seller isn't even footing the return shipping costs due to their Walmart scam.

Actually you can't prove they intentionally ordered the wrong item.  Is it likely yes but they could easily say they ordered the wrong item to be shipped.  So while they ordered the wrong thing they could still claim it wasn't intentional 

Exactly.  Know is one thing.  Proving it is another.  Proving it to ebay - forgetaboutit.

Message 55 of 114
latest reply

I wonder how a walmart dropshipper would even know something is out of stock? I've gone to the walmart website, checked on something I'm wanting to buy, website says they have 10 in stock in my store ... I go to my store and there isn't one anywhere to be found. So I decided to order online and have shipped to store .... nope ... even though it says they have 10 they have none .. they are OOS! I think Walmart's inventory control is a big ole hot mess.

So if the dropshipper checked online and thought it was available but then when they order it is suddenly OOS it may not be the dropshipper's fault. Yes, I do think the dropshipper could have handled it better but  I think I'd rather stick a hot poker in my eye than try to dropship from Walmart on Ebay !!!! LOL

Message 56 of 114
latest reply

And this is why imo drop shippers should have to identify themselves as such.

This puts buyers on notice that OOS can and will happen.  So you take your chances you might be disappointed.

Message 57 of 114
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

I never understood buying it on ebay from a drop shipper.  Since the drop shipper needs to make money, you are paying more not saving.

Walmart is everywhere.  With manufacturers coupons and sales surely it would be cheaper to buy it from the source.  And safer for your pet.

You like to promote other sites by name on the Ebay Community board.

Why is that?

Message 58 of 114
latest reply

The name of the store where this cat food has been drop shipped from has been repeated over and over throughout this thread. 

Message 59 of 114
latest reply

We order all of His Highness's food from the A place.   Should this worry us ?

IMG_0903 (1).JPG

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 60 of 114
latest reply