cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention sellers, lack of communication is unacceptable.

I don't mind a delay in delivery when there's a reason but when I emailed a seller twice in two days and got no response, I posted negative feedback.

So, my advice to all you sellers: Check your messages frequently and respond promptly when a buyer reports a problem.

If you already do that, fine.

This is addressed to those that don't and negative feedback might be the only way to get your attention.

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: Attention sellers, lack of communication is unacceptable.

"I don't like what you say so I'll block you from buying anything from me."

That doesn't make any sense but, historically, that kind of thing never did make any sense.

NAZI Germany - I don't like what you say so I'll kill you.

HUAC - I don't like what you say so I'll blacklist you.

Obama - I don't like what you say so I'll send the IRS after you.

Message 91 of 148
latest reply

Seems to me that you are well-versed in that type of philosophy and apparently it makes sense to you.

I don't like that you didn't immediately respond to me, so I will give you a negative.

You are the one that handed out a negative because a seller didn't do what you wanted.

You are the one who is demanding that people do what you want rather than have some patience and/or understanding that not everything is immediately under a sellers control or ever under their control, in the case of the shipping service.

And if I read some other posters correctly, demanding things that the seller did not guarantee in their listing. 

You have the right to expect what you paid for in a reasonable amount of shipping time, and that shipping time is not always what E-bay estimates.

In this case, apparently reasonable would be around 8-10 days after shipment.

And also, handling time is not a guarantee.  'Usually ships etc.' does not mean guaranteed to ship within two days or whatever.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 92 of 148
latest reply

"How perfect do you expect them to be?"

________

Well Genio, I will say this: I expect them to be more perfect than to have a couple thousand allegedly unsatisfied transaction partners. And that's just the past 12 months, no telling how many more exist beyond that.

How 'bout that?
Message 93 of 148
latest reply

It's not about perfect, it is about "accountable".
Message 94 of 148
latest reply

Citysatins: There may be an honest and humble reason behind why the seller refrained from getting bigger when the seller knew doing so was entirely possible regardless.
Message 95 of 148
latest reply

The true only problem with the big seller is the lack of communication response. Which is natural and I'd expect that with a large seller. So if you have a problem.... it'll take LONG time to fix it...

But round the numbers out. A million FB with 2000 Neg? 

Okay... take any 4000 ebay sellers. Add all their FB together, then add all the negatives.

In any random mix of Sellers, I'd bet you'll come out with less ratio than 99.4% postive. And thats the same amount or larger of unhappy buyers that this big seller is causing. Genio is right, it's the percentages, not the count.  

Which isn't to say that I'd buy from the guy. I would rather have a seller I can talk to if I need too. Which is rare. But those sellers actually care. The big guy cares about numbers. Not individual buyers. Just like ebay itself. 

RIP my Kitty, my fur buddy; Gizmo. 4/9/19.
Seventeen years was not enough.
Message 96 of 148
latest reply

@arizonajack85022 wrote:

Let me start by saying I really don't give a **bleep** about comments from sellers about how bad a person I am.

However, I'll respond to constructive comments.

Like the one about Media Mail being slow. Well, I ordered three items on the same day and they all shipped by Media Mail and the others arrived well within the estimated delivery dates so I have no reason to suspect Media Mail as the culprit.

But, again (for those of you who haven't quite comprehended it yet) it's not the delay that I have the issue with.

Another constructive comment is that the shipper might have shipped on a particular day of the week. That's a valid point, except for one thing.

I ordered the item on May 8. I got an email on May 9 that the item had been SHIPPED. But when I look at the tracking it shows the first entry to be: Item arrived at the shipping partner facility on May 13.

So, tell me, what happened between the day it was SHIPPED and the day it arrived at the shipping partner facility = 5 days?

Shouldn't that be the same day or, at most, the next day?

Was I lied to? I think so. So why have any sympathy for a rat who does that?

Anyway, if you check my record you'll that all of my purchases have resulted in positive feedback except this one.

And I'll continue to give positive feedback to any seller that provides even reasonably good service and quickly responds and corrects mistakes.

I can't say what happened, but will tell you that I purchased an item and it was shipped from New York Priority Mail on Friday April 3. It was in Dallas on April 5. I live in Fort Worth. It is 35 miles. I finally sent a letter to Consumer Affairs on April 14. Since I could track it I was flabergasted. It even went to Carrollton, Tx which is 25 miles North (Ft. Worth is 35 miles West). I finally did ask the seller to start a refund request. That is when the Dallas Sorting figured out Fort Worth is in the same Metroplex. I received it on April 18....and that was priority mail. I never blamed the seller and said so in every communication so EBay would know the problem was not there. The really funny thing was it came with an apology letter that it had been damaged. Now, it was in perfect condition both inside and out. lol It was poly bags. The envelope did not even have a dent or tear. No matter how hard that seller tried it was sad that I had to order from another seller because I needed the items. The new item arrived at the same time as the one that moved around the Dallas sorting center. Patience is sometimes a virtue. P S I did keep both items. I will use them eventually.

Message 97 of 148
latest reply

@arizonajack85022 wrote:

Let me start by saying I really don't give a **bleep** about comments from sellers about how bad a person I am.

However, I'll respond to constructive comments.

Like the one about Media Mail being slow. Well, I ordered three items on the same day and they all shipped by Media Mail and the others arrived well within the estimated delivery dates so I have no reason to suspect Media Mail as the culprit.

But, again (for those of you who haven't quite comprehended it yet) it's not the delay that I have the issue with.

Another constructive comment is that the shipper might have shipped on a particular day of the week. That's a valid point, except for one thing.

I ordered the item on May 8. I got an email on May 9 that the item had been SHIPPED. But when I look at the tracking it shows the first entry to be: Item arrived at the shipping partner facility on May 13.

So, tell me, what happened between the day it was SHIPPED and the day it arrived at the shipping partner facility = 5 days?

Shouldn't that be the same day or, at most, the next day?

Was I lied to? I think so. So why have any sympathy for a rat who does that?

Anyway, if you check my record you'll that all of my purchases have resulted in positive feedback except this one.

And I'll continue to give positive feedback to any seller that provides even reasonably good service and quickly responds and corrects mistakes.

Oops, I forgot another issue. I was sending packages out two weeks ago. When you purchase postage with EBay I believe they email you. I asked for a pickup by the post office. When the postman came he picked up the 5 items I had on the request plus another one. My postman is a super guy. 2 of the items were priority mail and the other 4 were first class. The 2 priority were scanned that day. The others did not show they had them so I called the post office and was told I had to ask my postman and it was his day off. That afternoon I took three more to the post office. I asked to speak to the manager and showed them that they showed that the post office did not have the 4 when they picked up 6. Guess what, they decided to scan them after I had left the second day. They had not left the post office when the priority mail did. They were still at my local post office. Since I am nice to my post office, I took information to show them how scanning them can improve or hurt my rating. They were very apologetic and said from now on they will try to do a better job of scanning my items immediately. I did tell them how much I appreciated them. I have been getting extra special care since that time.

Understand that we are all different and we all have fences to climb. Sometimes the seller feel like EBay is on one side of the fence screaming on you to come over and we get trampled on in the middle. Your concerns are important, but understand sometimes situations keep up from doing as good a job as we want.

Message 98 of 148
latest reply

@password9019 wrote:
It is totally disgusting.

Ebay - in my view, ought to be ashamed of itself allowing a seller like this to be here. I don't care how many people got their item as promised - THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS DID NOT!

Those 1900 negs are just the past twelve months. Tip of the iceberg.

You think that 1 million FB was just in the past twelve months? No way. This seller has been operating for several years and probably was racking hundreds if not a thousand or more negatives and hundreds of neutrals each and every year going back to the very FIRST YEAR.

It's a direct corollary to the dubious and beguiling (and that's putting it mildly) "too big to fail" mantra, the harbinger for what we know of today as "Golden Parachutes" for the dearly departed who retired from corporate petard to go off to another.

Greedy, selfish, absolutely ridiculous. Typical corporate America keeping our economy going and dividing people more and more and more every step of the way.

Is this why EBay wants to hide feedback? This is one buyer that did not use it, but I think now if it disappears, he will NOT be happy.

Message 99 of 148
latest reply

OK let's try this a different way...

With 16,000 transactions each month what number of negatives would you considerable acceptable? Becasue it seems that you are saying that if they do not have 100% then they are a bad seller.

You seem to have a problem with ONE TENTH OF ONE PERCENT so how many do you think would be acceptable for a seller who has that many transactions?

“Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.”
― Criss Jami

Message 100 of 148
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

Your seller has 1,136,375 feedback

over 16,000 in the last month

That explains why they didn't answer your question quick enough

and also proves you failed to effectively 'get their attention'.

Lynn

While I do not agree with the buyer's actions, 

a volume seller should provide at least the same level of service expected of a smaller seller. 

I would never give a seller a pass because he is high volume. In fact it is not even a consideration,

and it is certainly not an excuse. 

Message 101 of 148
latest reply

You purchased Friday May 8

You got a message that the item was shipped Saturday May 9

eBay sends "shipped" notices when the label is printed. This does not mean that the package actually went out the door, just that a shipping label has been printed.

Since the seller states in their listings that they do NOT ship on weekends, this means that they printed the label Saturday for shipment on MONDAY May 11.

Just a question for you ... If fast delivery is important to you, why did you not choose the Expidited Shipping option that the seller offers?

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 102 of 148
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@arizonajack85022 wrote:

I'm not surprised at the responses. I expected them and now I'll comment on them.

"Did you get tracking? Go online and find if it was a postal delay?"

Yes, I got tracking and, yes, it's a postal delay, but that's not my issue.

Did you get a tracking number with your shipping confirmation email?  If so, what else did you need to know?  If you wanted to know the exact day the seller put your package in the mail (due to a possible delay in scanning), I doubt a seller this big would remember one particular package out of however many he ships in one particular day.

What WAS your issue, other than the fact that he didn't respond in minutes with possibly something you already knew (tracking)?

Message 103 of 148
latest reply

@password9019 wrote:
Citysatins: There may be an honest and humble reason behind why the seller refrained from getting bigger when the seller knew doing so was entirely possible regardless.

But as a potential buyer, I am not privy to those reasons So I'll play the odds. And the odds are better that I'll have a good buying experience with the seller with more negs but a better percentage than with the seller who has fewer negs but a worse percentage.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 104 of 148
latest reply

@password9019 wrote:

...: I expect them to be more perfect than to have a couple thousand allegedly unsatisfied transaction partners. And that's just the past 12 months, no telling how many more exist beyond that.

How 'bout that?

Actually the previous months and years for that account are all viewable and you're always free to count them manually if you want to see whether the seller has got worse or better over the years.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 105 of 148
latest reply