cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention sellers, lack of communication is unacceptable.

I don't mind a delay in delivery when there's a reason but when I emailed a seller twice in two days and got no response, I posted negative feedback.

So, my advice to all you sellers: Check your messages frequently and respond promptly when a buyer reports a problem.

If you already do that, fine.

This is addressed to those that don't and negative feedback might be the only way to get your attention.

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: Attention sellers, lack of communication is unacceptable.

gopetersen
Rockstar

When you say twice in two days, what does that mean?

If you emailed yesterday evening and this morning, then 24 hours may not yet have passed and the seller may not have seen the message yet.

Many sellers have jobs and families and can only check mail once they get home from work and have taken care of the kids. Not everyone has mobile devices.

If, on the other hand, you messaged yesterday morning and again this morning and still no response, the seller should have responded by now (and on a weekend, I think it's only fair to give a seller an extra day but this isn't a weekend).

I once had a buyer email me seven times in two hours. She wasn't unhappy about her purchase, she had a question about buying more, but she was upset that I didn't answer her right away. I was sleeping. She was in a different time zone.

Message 2 of 148
latest reply

Your seller has 1,136,375 feedback

over 16,000 in the last month

That explains why they didn't answer your question quick enough

and also proves you failed to effectively 'get their attention'.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 3 of 148
latest reply

LOL!

I should have checked who the seller was. So it wasn't a small seller, it was a big busy one.

Message 4 of 148
latest reply

@arizonajack85022 wrote:

I don't mind a delay in delivery when there's a reason but when I emailed a seller twice in two days and got no response, I posted negative feedback.

So, my advice to all you sellers: Check your messages frequently and respond promptly when a buyer reports a problem.

If you already do that, fine.

This is addressed to those that don't and negative feedback might be the only way to get your attention.

I just hope that if the seller replies with a good reason for why they didn't reply, that you are willing to revise your feedback for them.  What if they had a family emergency?  Not all sellers are connected to their phones to check messages.   And the way eBay's messaging system has been, in cases like this it may be best to also contact the seller directly via the email address on the paypal transaction.  (not sure if you meant that by "email" or if you were talkign about sometimes less timely messaging system).  

Message 5 of 148
latest reply

So.. 16,000 + sales (or more, since everyone doesn't leave fb) every month

times 2 emails per day.....

Would be 32,000 emails per month..

let's round that to 1000 emails per day that business may receive.

Now.. feedback,

not only does it "warn" buyers who is 'bad' or 'good' (as per your opening post)

it should also showcase, in advance

which sellers buyers should select before bidding....

if they want, well.. .   special attention

all my best,

Lynn

Lynn

Message 6 of 148
latest reply

You posted a neg after only two days??

You realize that feedback isn't a message center. It's not a way to get a seller's attention. That seller now has a defect, and if they're a small seller it can very well curtail their ability to sell here.

Not all sellers live online 24/7/365. Many are small, part-time sellers. Most have family and lives.

That being said.....

I looked at the feedback you left. (after writing the above statements.) This is a HUGE seller with over a million feedback. (holy mackerel!) I doubt he has even made it to your message yet. The volume of messages he gets must be in the hundreds if not thousands daily. I never buy from big sellers like that because customer service generally stinks. I want to give my business to the little guys.

What did you message the seller about?

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 7 of 148
latest reply

Assuming about a 55% feedback rate, the seller sold almost 2 million items in the last 4.5 years. That's an average of 1,200 items per day.

Beats me how an eBay seller can handle processing and shipping of 100 items per working hour even with employees, if you consider the listings also have to be updated, managed, restocked, taken down, along with messaging, customer service, etc.

Message 8 of 148
latest reply

Why would a seller deserve negative feedback because they didn't answer your email as quickly as YOU thought they should?  

And for the record I don't always respond to buyer's emails that want six more photos, want to buy one item out of a lot, or make a ridiculous offer.   I was always told if you can't say something nice, don't say anything.  

Message 9 of 148
latest reply

I don't mind a delay in delivery

--------

Did you get tracking?

Go online and find if it was a postal delay?

?

Lynn

Lynn

Message 10 of 148
latest reply

gopetersen
Rockstar

arizonajack wrote: "I don't mind a delay in delivery when there's a reason but when I emailed a seller twice in two days and got no response, I"

What did the tracking record say?

Message 11 of 148
latest reply

Another bad buyer heard from ...

Message 12 of 148
latest reply

You may be sending a message, but I don't think it's the one you intended.

Just out of idle curiosity, why did you purchase from that particular seller?  They 1800+ negatives they'd received in the past 12 months at the time you made your purchase didn't signify anything to you, or give you any kind of clue as to what might happen, given that many of them seem to be similar to yours?

Message 13 of 148
latest reply

After all the sellers read this, emails not answered fast enough, may not be the problem.

Message 14 of 148
latest reply

I'm not surprised at the responses. I expected them and now I'll comment on them.

"Many sellers have jobs and families"

I don't care. They are making money off my purchase or, at least, should be. If they can't pay attention to business they shouldn't be in business.

"I once had a buyer email me seven times in two hours. She wasn't unhappy about her purchase, she had a question about buying more, but she was upset that I didn't answer her right away. I was sleeping. She was in a different time zone"

Amusing but irrelevant.

"Your seller has 1,136,375 feedback over 16,000 in the last month That explains why they didn't answer your question quick enough and also proves you failed to effectively 'get their attention'."

That might be true.

"So it wasn't a small seller, it was a big busy one."

Wasn't too busy to take my money.

"I just hope that if the seller replies with a good reason for why they didn't reply, that you are willing to revise your feedback for them."

I absolutely WILL revise my feedback if that happens.

"Now.. feedback, not only does it "warn" buyers who is 'bad' or 'good' (as per your opening post) it should also showcase, in advance which sellers buyers should select before bidding....if they want, well.. .   special attention"

I don't "bid", I "buy." That means I put my money up front for what I purchase. Is that concept foreign to you? I expect my purchase to arrive on time or give me a reason why it didn't. If you call that "special attention" you're an idiot.

"I never buy from big sellers like that because customer service generally stinks."

Yeah, I'm figuring that out and won't make the same mistake again.

"You sir are an absolute horses backside. Thank you for posting and showing millions of sellers you use feedback as a weapon when you can't get a seller who wants to be your penpal"

Another idiot heard from.

"Assuming about a 55% feedback rate, the seller sold almost 2 million items in the last 4.5 years. That's an average of 1,200 items per day."

Then he needs to hire enough people to handle inquiries about delivery problems. Otherwise, he can go out of business for all I care.

"Why would a seller deserve negative feedback because they didn't answer your email as quickly as YOU thought they should?"

Because I'm the only opinion that counts to me. 

"And for the record I don't always respond to buyer's emails that want six more photos, want to buy one item out of a lot, or make a ridiculous offer."

That's not what's happening here. So please try to control your irrelevant outbursts.

"Did you get tracking? Go online and find if it was a postal delay?"

Yes, I got tracking and, yes, it's a postal delay, but that's not my issue.

"Another bad buyer heard from ..."

Another idiot heard from.

"Just out of idle curiosity, why did you purchase from that particular seller?  They 1800+ negatives they'd received in the past 12 months at the time you made your purchase didn't signify anything to you, or give you any kind of clue as to what might happen, given that many of them seem to be similar to yours?"

Excellent point and you get the prize for the most constructive comment yet. Well, I didn't go any further than seeing a 99.4% positive feedback rating. But I did go further after reading your comment and, you're right, had I read all that first I wouldn't have ordered from that seller and I certainly won't order from him again.

"After all the sellers read this, emails not answered fast enough, may not be the problem."

My guess is that you are implying that hundreds, maybe thousands of sellers will put me on a blocked buyers list. That's asinine to imply it and childish of anyone who does. There are plenty of sellers to choose from. If there are some that don't want my money, atsa fine, boss.

One more thing. I had a similar occurrence during the winter. When I emailed the seller he responded within a couple of hours. We figured the winter storms delayed the shipping and he was willing to send me a replacement if I didn't receive the item in a couple of days. Well, I did receive the item in a couple of days and he got a five star positive feedback because of his excellent customer service.

You people make it seem like that's an exception rather than the rule and I shouldn't come to expect that kind of customer service on eBay. Is that what you are telling me? (See, I can make idiotic statements as well as anybody. LOL.)

Message 15 of 148
latest reply