cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention sellers, lack of communication is unacceptable.

I don't mind a delay in delivery when there's a reason but when I emailed a seller twice in two days and got no response, I posted negative feedback.

So, my advice to all you sellers: Check your messages frequently and respond promptly when a buyer reports a problem.

If you already do that, fine.

This is addressed to those that don't and negative feedback might be the only way to get your attention.

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

@18704d wrote:

Your seller has 1,136,375 feedback

over 16,000 in the last month

That explains why they didn't answer your question quick enough

and also proves you failed to effectively 'get their attention'.

Lynn

That is more a reason for them to respond inless than an hour, all those sales. No excuses in my opinion.

Less items for everyone to see..
Message 121 of 148
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@on_isle9 wrote:

@18704d wrote:

Your seller has 1,136,375 feedback

over 16,000 in the last month

That explains why they didn't answer your question quick enough

and also proves you failed to effectively 'get their attention'.

Lynn

That is more a reason for them to respond inless than an hour, all those sales. No excuses in my opinion.

16,000 per month is 516 per day.   I find it hard to imagine questions could be answered in less than one hour with that level of activity.  In this case, I'm assuming (I must assume, since OP refuses to let us know what his original question to the seller was) OP wanted to know exactly when the item was placed in the mail stream.  I'm also assuming OP got a tracking number with his shipment confirmation email.

So, OP negged the seller because he didn't get a response to his question within 2 days.  Any ecommerce sites I use - if I get an answer within a week, I'm satisfied.

Only on ebay does there exist a level of impatience and entitlement that can be enforced with handing out severe punishments with little or no regard to the human at the receiving end.

Message 122 of 148
latest reply

and only on ebay does there exist this level of seller and the monstrosity of pushing out items the way a slot machine pumps out tokens when you hit the triple 7's.

It's ridiculous. There needs to be limits, imo. 516 transactions per day belongs on its own web property, not eBay's.

If it were up to me, this seller would have been booted a long time ago but the greediness of the executives and coffers would never hear of it,
Message 123 of 148
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@password9019 wrote:
and only on ebay does there exist this level of seller and the monstrosity of pushing out items the way a slot machine pumps out tokens when you hit the triple 7's.

It's ridiculous. There needs to be limits, imo. 516 transactions per day belongs on its own web property, not eBay's.

If it were up to me, this seller would have been booted a long time ago but the greediness of the executives and coffers would never hear of it,

Agree 100%.  There can be no hope for fairness or even playing fields when small sellers are made to go up against this.  Not to mention our friends to the East.

Message 124 of 148
latest reply

I just pass on buying from that large a volume seller since I know that I probably won't get the same level of 'quick' customer service from them that I would get from a less busy seller.

But they certainly have a right to be here and since 99.5% of their customers are happy, I don't see an issue with them.

All on-line businesses have shipping issue, items not received issues and unhappy customers.  All brick and mortar stores have items returned, etc and have unhappy customers.   I am sure that most of us have heard the line "I am never going back in that store" from friends or acquaintances.

The expectations here on E-bay are way too high from some buyers and even management.  There will always be some level of customer dis-satisfaction from any place of business because as the old saying goes " you can't please everyone all the time."

If E-bay would put as much effort into providing as good of customer service from their staff as they expect from the sellers who are here, this would be a much more pleasant and easy venue to sell on.

Until E-bay would earn at least a 97% customer satisfaction rating from their customers, I honestly don't believe that they should expect it from others.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 125 of 148
latest reply

2000 negatives in just the past year. It's absurd.

the biggest of the big fish can go find their own patch of green pasture, their own selling turf. Afterall, it's not like anyone would lose their job solely due to such transitions. In fact, if ebay cared at all about crating jobs in this country (which of course they do not whatsoever), they would throw these people off and maybe send them away with their own little golden parachute (seed money for future web development when they have to sell all on their own).

'Buh bye, shark....go find another place. This is for real people who live in the real world and do their business without disappointing thousands of trading partners in the process of making a little for themselves.'

They should just take a hike and a little seed money with them, imo.
Message 126 of 148
latest reply

Had exactly the same experience, but I wasn't sleeping, I was working my 'regular' job and I always respond within 24 hours. Buyer expected an instant chat, I guess.
Message 127 of 148
latest reply

I had an **bleep** leave me negative fb after waiting an extra 2 days for shipping. My fb was then 97.5. I have recieved nothing but positive fb since and now fb is at 97.4  So I lose a point for what reason exactly? My point is, it's people like the op who ruin ebay.

Message 128 of 148
latest reply

O good gawd....another cheap dollar store buyer that thinks their feedback or opinion matters....At this point I'm embarrassed for these folks.  

Do a quick search and you'll quickly see that these members are the lowest form of buyers on the net, just look at what they buy and you'll understand what kind of person you are dealing with.

I do NOT sell VHS tapes or trailer park nick nacks, but would block OP if I did.

These posters are good for one thing and ONE thing ONLY...a good laugh...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Message 129 of 148
latest reply

What a Dou#$%bag Buyer...

16K Feedback in a month, Yup, Im sure they are ignoring you on purpose. Better yet, I bet your question is does my item take "AA or AAA batteries"?

Message 130 of 148
latest reply

@justanotherpostingid wrote:

These posters are good for one thing and ONE thing ONLY...a good laugh...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Actually, they are good for another thing...Warning us in advance that we REALLY don't want to sell to them!

After reading all the OP's comments, I decided that I don't want to deal with anyone who is so angry and determined to be unreasonable and so I "childishly" added him to my BBL. I'm a small seller who provides excellent customer service, but some people are impossible to please and I don't need the headache of trying to deal with them. When I stumble across one on here, I block them. There are enough customers out there that I don't have to deal with the ones who jump the gun with negative feedback or a non-delivery claim for a USPS delay, or open a case instead of emailing when a insured package gets damaged in transit. Any unpleasant buyers I come across end up on my BBL as a matter of policy-just so I won't have to risk having the same problem with them the last seller did ...should they ever try to buy something from me.

Personally, I think there are a lot more bad buyers out there then there are bad sellers. I can only remember two bad sellers in 15 years on eBay (with muliple accounts and thousands of purchases) and I've had 20-30 bad buyers in just 3 years and a little over 1000 sales.

Message 131 of 148
latest reply

If you selected the FREE ship option that is Media mail.  you purchased on the 5th mailed the 6th (stated 1 business day  handling)

Free
United States
Economy Shipping (USPS Media MailTM)

Estimated within 3-9 business days

Large sellers like the one you purchase from rarely are going to respond when the item is not really LATE.

You did look at how many transactions he has.

Jumping the gun, maybe?. cowboy2-smiley.gif

Message 132 of 148
latest reply

Whats all that clicking that I hear???     Thousands of sellers rushing to the block party!

The Hurrier I Go, The Behinder I Get!
Message 133 of 148
latest reply

You may say that but what about when you sell to a buyer that gets his or her thrills out of leaving negative feedbacks

for any possible reason???

I received a negative as the stamps that were placed on the package were not in a staright line...You work that one out???

Needless to say ebay did not care. I know i have my opinion and ebay will possibly delete this message if i state it.

Me personally, i now scan a picture of the package all necessary sides and send it to the buyers via the ebay message

system...This is not necessary for the bidders to know but for ebay to have it on record and to show it was sent.

later on a scan of the receipt with date etc is sent with tracking number ( MAINLY SO EBAY HAS IT ON RECORD ).

I can count the times ( ON ONE HAND )  i have had a reply from grateful sellers thanking me for the update....

I dont know if you would then classify me as an annoyance and then give negative for the messages coming in so

we sellers lose on all ends.

There, my piece has been said and i am sure i speak for most of the others in ebayville...

have a nice day...OIO

Message 134 of 148
latest reply

Any other site, you would wait a day or more to get a response.  Jerk.  

Message 135 of 148
latest reply