cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Sellers In Mismanaged Payments Leaving Immediate Feedback For Buyers Who Pay Quickly?

For sellers who used to leave positive feedback right after buyers have paid you, but before being forced into mismanaged payments (MMP), are you still leaving feedback for buyers right after payment, but also while your money is still being withheld by MMP?

It would be interesting to see the stats on this question.

Message 1 of 109
latest reply
108 REPLIES 108

Re: Are Sellers In Mismanaged Payments Leaving Immediate Feedback For Buyers Who Pay Quickly?

@vintagecraze50 doesn't have inside knowledge of EBay's accounting practices.  There is no reason for delays in Adyen processing payments - certainly not for 2 to 10 business days as is being reported by sellers.  Pay Pal turned payments around in a day or even less. 

Ebay is clearly using the money flowing through Adyen for their own cash flow problems.  Ebay also has first dibs access to their customers' accounts so they can arbitrarily confiscate funds whenever they decide again their sellers in transaction disputes -  again with no permission from the account holder.

Mismanaged Payments is WAY TOO MUCH power over any given sellers' finances...especially when it's in the hands of Ebay (never even calls you back) management. 

Message 91 of 109
latest reply

Re: Are Sellers In Mismanaged Payments Leaving Immediate Feedback For Buyers Who Pay Quickly?

Adyen is not slower = It's just electrons on wires (at the speed of light)....ones and zeros on a server's hard drive.  Ebay is an extra link in the chain...they make it slower.

Message 92 of 109
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

No, there are delays in payment because the transaction must go through Adyen the processor and then sent to the sellers bank account. Some banks process very quickly, some take more time. When you sign up with the MP you need to investigate how long your bank takes to get your payments posted to your account. If they take too long you need to find another bank. Mine post in three days or less, once the money gets sent from MP. EBAY is NOT using this due to cash flow problems.

So why is Adyen slower?  Why is paypal able to do this quickly?

In some instances PP fronted the money before it cleared. Like looking at a CC account, and seeing "pending". Seller is not paid, but yet you are already home with your merchandise.

Message 93 of 109
latest reply

Ive never gotten my payments from PP 'in a  day or less'.I have several friends in MP, who are very happy with it, and have no complaints about delayed payments.But you wouldnt know all that would you, because you are not in MP.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 94 of 109
latest reply

I have almost always gotten my money from PP in a day or less.  For 15 years without a problem

Message 95 of 109
latest reply

IMHO, given that feedback pretty much on most sites, including this, is at about the 30-35% level (so evidently it's not that important to most people), for me the issue is pretty much moot.  I leave FB when I ship, I see no reason to change just because we change our payment processor.  I don't think legions of buyers are going to change their habits because of a change of payment processor.  Scammers will still scam, and the vast majority of good buyers will continue to be good buyers, and there will always be the inevitable fark ups and periods of chaos that happen any time you get a bunch of humans doing anything. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 96 of 109
latest reply

Well, Ive been selling here for twenty years, and I havent.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 97 of 109
latest reply

On my selling account, I leave feedback for the buyer after I have shipped and tracking shows movement, as a "thank you for your purchase" kind of thing.

In managed payments I will do the same when I'm enrolled.

I don't leave feedback for fast payment because being paid is a requirement and not exceptional. Have you ever heard a store clerk thank you for paying quickly? No, it's expected.

In managed payment, the buyer can still pay quickly, yet the funds, ebay will take their sweet time in getting it to my bank.

That isn't the buyers fault.

That's ebay destroying the instant payment into my hands, that we have enjoyed for decades under paypal.

christmas_tree

-------------
Posting ID
Message 98 of 109
latest reply

By the same reasoning, buyers who appreciate instant feedback for prompt payment but end up not getting it can likewise not blame the seller - as it's eBay's fault that the seller didn't get the payment quickly.

Nevertheless, this is not the subject of this thread. 

Message 99 of 109
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Ive never gotten my payments from PP 'in a  day or less'.I have several friends in MP, who are very happy with it, and have no complaints about delayed payments.But you wouldnt know all that would you, because you are not in MP.

I find that odd. For 15 years, after a buyer pays, those funds are immediately available in my paypal account. Never have I experienced anything different.

I thought that was the norm.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 100 of 109
latest reply

Yes the buyers funds are immediately available in my PP account..we are talking about transferring the funds to the bank account.Ive never had the transfer in 'one day or less'.

Message 101 of 109
latest reply

It is the norm with PP.  Maybe not recently since PP is trying to help herd Ebay sellers into mismanaged payments, but before that I too always had my money instantly and it only took a day to transfer it to my checking account.

Not so with mismanaged payments.  A week or more will be the norm because Ebay needs that money....

Message 102 of 109
latest reply

If I have a return, it is deducted from that transaction. If that transaction all ready paid for managed payments, them that return is out on your invoice. They do not take money from a return out of a different transaction.

no I have not delayed feedback because of managed payments.  You can’t leave them a neg or neutral any way so it doesn’t make a difference.

Message 103 of 109
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Yes the buyers funds are immediately available in my PP account..we are talking about transferring the funds to the bank account.Ive never had the transfer in 'one day or less'.

OK. That explains it. Sorry I misunderstood you.

For me the transfer takes a couple of days or so too.

I like that paypal funds are instantly available, and can be used immediately for purchasing anything from any business that accepts paypal payments. It's convenient-one click- when I need supplies or just shopping online, so I always leave some in there. Lot better than forever giving my personal and CC information to numerous businesses.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 104 of 109
latest reply

Thats ok...

Message 105 of 109
latest reply