cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are AVG Users getting notice of REDIRECTOR -BKG Trojan Virus From this site?

Twice 2night I logged out of this account and tried logging into my buying account and got a message from AVG that they aborted my log in because www.ebay.com was Infected with JS:REDIRECTOR-BKG {TRJ}?? Any other AVG users getting this message?

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Are AVG Users getting notice of REDIRECTOR -BKG Trojan Virus From this site?

@dhbookds wrote:

Has anyone run a Malware scan?.........beyond the AVG program?  I've had Malwarebytes find the redirects that AVG hasn't. 

Superantispyware is even better than malwarebytes.

Re: Are AVG Users getting notice of REDIRECTOR -BKG Trojan Virus From this site?

@ekmadonna wrote:

Twice 2night I logged out of this account and tried logging into my buying account and got a message from AVG that they aborted my log in because www.ebay.com was Infected with JS:REDIRECTOR-BKG {TRJ}?? Any other AVG users getting this message?

I have the same message. have run malwarebytes and a few other programs including windows defender, all show clean.

There was a topic end of last year for this same problem, for a few users including myself, it was because of an old eBay login bookmark. try changing that and bookmarking a new log in. (after cleaning cache)

The message I get is, ""Threat secured. We've safely aborted connection on www-ebay.com because it was infected with JS:Redirector-BKD [Trj]."

This is from a member post in that topic from (berserkerplanet)

"If anyone is still seeing the issue when visiting a specific eBay page (and for future reference for all), check the page out here:   https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/url where you plug in the URL of the page in the search there and see for yourself."

"(in the unlikely event something turns up, please report back here with the URL of the eBay page and a brief summary of the VirusTotal results)"

I tried this and got all clean, anyone else?

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

Has anyone run a Malware scan?.........beyond the AVG program?  I've had Malwarebytes find the redirects that AVG hasn't. 

Superantispyware is even better than malwarebytes.

Have done both and do on a regular basis, neither are picking up on it here and  still got the virus warning this morning.

Only way avast found it was with an avast boot time scan .

Still having the problem here this morning after avast put it in the virus chest 4 times yesterday eve. 

Go to log in, it pops. up.

Message 18 of 47
latest reply

I got it again about 5 minutes ago. It seems to be an Ebay problem only.

Message 19 of 47
latest reply

I got it on my work computer this am. (had it at home last night on a different computer).

Try this, so far it is working for me. it may be an old bookmark.

- delete your bookmark for logging into eBay

- I use firefox, went in and deleted saved logins and the site url. you get there by going to firefox options, saved logins. (jot your password down, since it won't come back up when you set up a new bookmark).

-I had a couple old ones saved for ebay so I deleted all of them.

-Then I cleaned cache, rebooted and went in and googled eBay log in, picked the one with https.ebay.com sign in.

-entered my user name and typed in password, got in no problems and no pop up from avg/avast. I bookmarked this page and also clicked save login.

so far so good, I am not seeing the warning on redirect.

maybe this will help someone. Worth a try.

Message 20 of 47
latest reply

Not the ads. For while in the early hours of this morning you would get a red page not found message even from a bookmark, or from the community link at the bottom of pages.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 21 of 47
latest reply

@roadking5555 wrote:

I got it on my work computer this am. (had it at home last night on a different computer).

Try this, so far it is working for me. it may be an old bookmark.

- delete your bookmark for logging into eBay

- I use firefox, went in and deleted saved logins and the site url. you get there by going to firefox options, saved logins. (jot your password down, since it won't come back up when you set up a new bookmark).

-I had a couple old ones saved for ebay so I deleted all of them.

-Then I cleaned cache, rebooted and went in and googled eBay log in, picked the one with https.ebay.com sign in.

-entered my user name and typed in password, got in no problems and no pop up from avg/avast. I bookmarked this page and also clicked save login.

so far so good, I am not seeing the warning on redirect.

maybe this will help someone. Worth a try.

Well, it has returned. So that did not fix it.

I am at a loss of what it could be, I tried signing in using the new bookmark after logging out of the community boards and the js redirect popped up.

no idea what is causing it.

Message 22 of 47
latest reply

Can We PLEASE get some help from the BLUES on this?? Is your site Polluted or what?

Message 23 of 47
latest reply

trinton@ebay

Can you offer any help on this problem? Thanks

Message 24 of 47
latest reply

Same thing here...just got it...

Message 25 of 47
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/8266118
trinton's ebay page 

click on his "message me" box

Message 26 of 47
latest reply

@rockz1101 wrote:

trinton's ebay page 

Thank you @rockz1101, I have messaged him about visiting this topic, maybe he can find out more.

The old original topic from 11-2017 has been added to in the technical issues. It appears it is happening all over again.

oops...my message to trinton did not go thru, he has it disabled?

I

Message 27 of 47
latest reply

supposed infected link- ebay.com/rdr/js/s/rrbundle.flat.min.js

Setting the privacy block to block all tracking links/ads, will not protect you from the infected advertisement, as Im still getting the message as well.

Message 28 of 47
latest reply

@roadking5555 wrote:

@rockz1101 wrote:

trinton's ebay page 

Thank you @rockz1101, I have messaged him about visiting this topic, maybe he can find out more.

The old original topic from 11-2017 has been added to in the technical issues. It appears it is happening all over again.

I

They usually do. You can email askcommunity@ebay.com put your concern in the subject so anyone will pick it up and read the detail that you write in your email.

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@roadking5555 wrote:

@rockz1101 wrote:

trinton's ebay page 

I

They usually do. You can email askcommunity@ebay.com put your concern in the subject so anyone will pick it up and read the detail that you write in your email.

How do we get them to come here?

is this the correct way?

Message 30 of 47
latest reply