cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appealing Case Decided by eBay

I am the Seller, in the process of appealing an Item Not Received Money Back Guarantee case. The basis of my appeal is that the buyer is NOT covered by the MBG because this was a Local Pickup Only listing and the buyer did not pick up the item or have someone else pick it up for them. It clearly states in eBay policy that such cases are not covered by the MBG. I called eBay this morning and filed an appeal because there is no direct option to appeal in writing from within my eBay account. So my question is, is filing an appeal by phone the only way to file an appeal? 

Message 1 of 145
latest reply
144 REPLIES 144

Re: Appealing Case Decided by eBay

Thank you for the non insulting response. Im happy to say I have been vindicated. Ebay granted my appeal.

Message 121 of 145
latest reply

I couldnt survive on a public servant's income. But this was never some sort of scam on my part. It wasnt about the money. Thanks for your input.

Message 122 of 145
latest reply

Hi. I was willing to assist the buyer with either picking up his item or arranging shipment at his expense. But he wasnt interested. Bear in mind it was clear that he was trying to get me to ship a local pickup only item. Thankfully I won on my appeal. 

Message 123 of 145
latest reply

I am happy to say that eBay supported me in the end and granted my appeal. Thanks for your non- insulting response.

Message 124 of 145
latest reply

The buyer had no intention of picking up the item. It was all an effort to get me to ship a local pickup only item for free. I won on appeal. 

Message 125 of 145
latest reply

Im sorry but...what's your point? I've never lost a complaint. Would I try to defend myself in a murder case? Probably not. But being a paralegal is something Im proud of that took alot of work for me to achieve. Im just disgusted at all the incredibly insulting comments that have been thrown at me, simply because I said Im a paralegal. But as far as Im concerned it's all hot air on the wind from people who are simply just worthless human beings. Fortunately, I won my case in appeal. Not bad for representing myself.

Message 126 of 145
latest reply

I hope you understand now if you read all my posts. It wasnt something I did for a lark or no good reason. 

Message 127 of 145
latest reply

You are incorrect. I won my case on appeal. Thanks for the input.

Message 128 of 145
latest reply

No idea what you mean by violating the user agreement. It clearly states that small claims suits do not violate the user agreement. Why do so many believe it violates the agreement? As for my appeal, I won. The buyer initially did receive a full refund. It was automatic because he filed an INR case. However, the system does not recognize when a purchase is for local pickup only. It took a human to look at the case and overturn it in my favor. The system just automatically isdues a refund if no tracking is provided by the seller to show delivery - which isnt applicable to local pickup only items.

Message 129 of 145
latest reply

So you were given the payment and you kept the item too?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 130 of 145
latest reply

Im sorry but youre mistaken. I suggest you re-read the policy. Ebay granted my appeal. Reason - Buyer not covered under money back guarantee on an INR case where the item was local pickup only. 

Message 131 of 145
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This thread is getting a bit heated. Please remember that, while it is fine to disagree with others, discussion should always remain courteous and respectful.

Thank you for your cooperation.​​​​​​​

Message 132 of 145
latest reply

With such karma, the main thing now is not to get hit by a car.

Message 133 of 145
latest reply

Was it worth all the time spent dealing with this? Not only with the buyer and eBay but responding to everyone's comments.  I would think that it wasn't.

Message 134 of 145
latest reply

Congrats on winning your appeal.  Sadly, what you've endured in this thread is exactly why I rarely come to this forum anymore.  A core group of "know it alls" who steer the topic way off base.  You asked a simple question about how to appeal, and now here we are.  Sad what this place has become - "experts" who won't let you look at their Ebay listings and how they do business, but they sure do have all the answers on how to run yours.  Good luck and Happy Holidays to you.

Message 135 of 145
latest reply