cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Cha-Ching Sound

Got a new phone and downloaded the ebay app this morning.  Since then I had a sale and the phone didn't make the cha-ching sound.  I checked and the notification is set to 'on' for when I have a sale.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: App Cha-Ching Sound

Now, I've got the Ebay cha ching but still no PayPal cha ching. I will pursue this.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

You can just use a file explorer app on the phone to copy the mp3 file into notifications folder. 

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Thanks. It works.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

@newview wrote:

That’s exactly what I did years ago.

I used the opening cha-ching from Pink Floyd’s “Money”.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds

LOVE that!

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Here it is 2019, My Galxy S8 does not have the ka-ching. It did at first, but no longer.

All above failed. Did not try downloading the MP3. If I have the urge, may try that. 

I just don't understand why it at first had the sound, but now does not.

It seems every phone has a different app or version of an app.

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

To all of us missing the cha-ching sound when we make a sale...I got it back! When I installed updates for my Samsung S9+ today, I forgot to customize my notifications sounds, and noticed that 1.) My ebay message notification sound was back to the old one I loved and 2.) The cha-ching was back when I made a sale! This was because it is the "app provided sound" which is different than the default sound. What it means is that when you uninstall and reinstall the ebay mobile app, DO NOT try and customize sounds. Just leave it at the "app provided sound when it gets reinstalled, because even if you choose "default" sound, it is NOT the cha-ching we all know and love! I hope that brings some happiness to some sellers today. Good luck and a profitable 2019 to all!

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

I managed to do this all by myself.  It took about 15 minutes, but was well worth it!  No sound compares to this one!  Thank you so much for answering the question and making a not tech savvy gal be able to fix this issue!

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

I love the KaCHING  sound but I have to confess - it can create some uncomfortable moments such as when it goes off in a consignment store  just as you're asking the manager when the Green Tag items will be dropping from 25% off to 50% off.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@sugargliderboutique wrote:

Have had two recent phones with no cha ching sound for Ebay sales. Moto E5 Cruise, Samsung S9. Here's what I did and I am not a supertech.

1) you have to download a cha ching mp3 file from the internet onto a pc or laptop. Save it and remember where.

2) program your phone to allow data transfer on usb connector.

3) connect phone to laptop (pc) via charging cable. Your phone may ask for permission - say yes.

4) on pc open files on phone and look for notifications and ringtones - these are separate.

5) drag your mp3 file to both notifications and ringtones.

6) disconnect.

7) Open Ebay/settings/notifications/customize sounds/selling/sound/ then select your cha ching.

My phone hasn't done it for ages and neither has my hubby's - I've got a Galaxy J3 and he's got my older one which I unlocked for him last year. Did an update on his about a month ago and the kerching completely disappeared. Now on setting the selling notification to default, his works. Did update on mine and the kerching isn't there.

Followed your guidance on downloading one and putting the file in manually - yay - satisfying noise is back! I used this one http://soundbible.com/333-Cash-Register-Cha-Ching.html

Thanks!

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Does anyone have a solution for an iPhone 8+?

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.
Message 26 of 26
latest reply