cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Cha-Ching Sound

Got a new phone and downloaded the ebay app this morning.  Since then I had a sale and the phone didn't make the cha-ching sound.  I checked and the notification is set to 'on' for when I have a sale.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

App Cha-Ching Sound

This is for Android, iOS would probably be similar. Open the app>settings>Notifications>quiet times, make sure they are OFF

In selling notifications make sure order updates is checked, and bid and offer notices if you want those, too. Also, make sure the slider for notifications is on. It's hard to see and easy to miss.

Hope these help 🙂

2a7da5ad011caad0a2e0dbc1f1f8a095

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

App Cha-Ching Sound

Hummm My first suggestion was going to be check the settings lol but you have that covered..

I can say that the last couple weeks mine has been a bit glitchy. I get the sound about 2 hours AFTER the sale and sometimes it gives me the Chaching 3-4 times all for the same sale.

Ohh try checking your Paypal app setting- IDK if that applies but it's worth a shot because I thought it was PP that had that sound. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

App Cha-Ching Sound

@klassic*kids wrote:

Got a new phone and downloaded the ebay app this morning.  Since then I had a sale and the phone didn't make the cha-ching sound.  I checked and the notification is set to 'on' for when I have a sale.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Try to change the default " Cha Chang" setting to something different and then switch it back.

I do not know if that will work or not but it seems like a logical solution and easy to try.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

App Cha-Ching Sound

@klassic*kids:

Yes! That Ka-ching sound was dropped off - at least on mine.

I only received alerts that PP has cash from sale + eB's missive that an item was sold.

I don't know what I did to my smart phone that the ka-ching is no longer sounding off whenever

a sale goes through.

One thread "The Excitement" by bigmotomania - I was surprised that some folks still got that

ka-ching sound for their sales - maybe - it is mine that's not doing the ka-ching.

-

Lucas

*still rollin' with the punches*

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

App Cha-Ching Sound

@callahanmagic

It dropped on my old phone once but usc*mom gave me an instruction to bring it back.  It wasn't the notifications/settings of the app it was something else.  I don't know how to loop her into this thread but hopefully she will read this and enlighten us.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

App Cha-Ching Sound

@klassic*kids wrote:

@callahanmagic

It dropped on my old phone once but usc*mom gave me an instruction to bring it back.  It wasn't the notifications/settings of the app it was something else.  I don't know how to loop her into this thread but hopefully she will read this and enlighten us.

@usmc*usnmom

Should do it

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

App Cha-Ching Sound

Thanks Pika!

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

App Cha-Ching Sound

This is for Android, iOS would probably be similar. Open the app>settings>Notifications>quiet times, make sure they are OFF

In selling notifications make sure order updates is checked, and bid and offer notices if you want those, too. Also, make sure the slider for notifications is on. It's hard to see and easy to miss.

Hope these help 🙂

2a7da5ad011caad0a2e0dbc1f1f8a095

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

App Cha-Ching Sound

@usmc*usnmom Thanks.  All looks good on my phone.  I will see what happens with the next sale.  

Thanks again, Deana

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

App Cha-Ching Sound

Coincidentailly, I've also been getting delayed notifications of sales and payments.  On my desktop. 

Frankly the whole site has been one giant glitch for quite a while.

Joe

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

App Cha-Ching Sound

I have an LG phone. I went to NOTIFICATIONS in the EBAY app, then to CUSTOMIZE SOUNDS. Hit SELLING, then select DEFAULT RINGTONE (LIFE'S GOOD). 

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

App Cha-Ching Sound

@lovelythings223 wrote:

I have an LG phone. I went to NOTIFICATIONS in the EBAY app, then to CUSTOMIZE SOUNDS. Hit SELLING, then select DEFAULT RINGTONE (LIFE'S GOOD). 

Have a Samsung Galaxy Note-2, Tried the first recomendation and everything was already as supposed to be.  Then I read this, went to CUSTOMIZE SOUNDS, and noticed that the sound was set to a beep. I went through all the sounds, and none were the Cha-Ching. Then I tried the DEFAULT SOUND, as suggested in the above message, and when I pressed DEFAULT, it went CHA-CHING!

THANK YOU lovelythings223!

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

App Cha-Ching Sound

I got half of a cha-ching a few days ago...I guess half is better than none! 

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

App Cha-Ching Sound

Have had two recent phones with no cha ching sound for Ebay sales. Moto E5 Cruise, Samsung S9. Here's what I did and I am not a supertech.

1) you have to download a cha ching mp3 file from the internet onto a pc or laptop. Save it and remember where.

2) program your phone to allow data transfer on usb connector.

3) connect phone to laptop (pc) via charging cable. Your phone may ask for permission - say yes.

4) on pc open files on phone and look for notifications and ringtones - these are separate.

5) drag your mp3 file to both notifications and ringtones.

6) disconnect.

7) Open Ebay/settings/notifications/customize sounds/selling/sound/ then select your cha ching.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

App Cha-Ching Sound

That’s exactly what I did years ago.

I used the opening cha-ching from Pink Floyd’s “Money”.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 15 of 26
latest reply