cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else hit with late shipping strikes due December 5th USPS closure?

Or just me. I take their system recognized the 5th as a regular business day despite the USPS closure.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Anyone else hit with late shipping strikes due December 5th USPS closure?

It is possible I suppose as I have had them remove the exacrt same issue automatically a couiple times in 4-5 days or so of giving me a strike. We will see, otherwise I'll have to call and considering that sometimes their system can take months to change your strikes after a phone call, it might be hello to Above standard for me.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

@monarchreal wrote:

11 hits for a period between 3rd and 7th. I always upload but because no carriers there to scan them and no way of getting the numbers because they were closed (I still ship the old way not printing mine at home). This wasn't supposed to be a problem from what I read but it sure looks like a problem for me

Yeah, ebay seldom seems to have any problems, although sellers seem to, quite often, have something 'go wrong'.

I think I brought up, at the time, that the UA says that a seller is responsible for an item arriving on time, and (wondering out loud) if ebay would still cover for the seller.  I don't think anybody wanted to address that, though.  Also, in the past, it has been reported that sellers have been told that: "Well, you could use another carrier that DOES work on ________ day".  Basically saying , 'well, it's your problem, not ours'.

Oh well, another day at ebayland.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 17 of 29
latest reply

@comicallycomic wrote:

Or just me. I take their system recognized the 5th as a regular business day despite the USPS closure.

December transactions are not part of your Dec 20th evaulations.  They will not be a part of your evaulations until Jan 20th 2019. 

eBay has this lead way to make sure all transactions update correctly and any excerptions like the Dec 5th event will also have time to be adjusted for all transactions during that time frame. 

eBay staff has also said many times that sellers will be covered and during the 20 delay (Jan 1st to Jan 20th) they will be able to update everything to show correctly.  This is how it has worked from day one with these ratings.

If you current service metric and or seller standard rating is showing lower ratings it is not from Dec transactions, but from the previous three months up to a one year look back.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Well thats pretty good news if that is the case. My rating is still Top Rated till Jan 20th as you mentioned, the forceast if things go unchanged is Above Average however. Hope I dont have to make the cals and roll the dice if I get the good cop or the bad cop.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

We'll keep our fingers crossed.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 20 of 29
latest reply

I not only got his with late shipment defects but also late delivery defects on the guarenteed delivery program.  Both are from Dec. 5th.  I called ebay and was told that they recevied a memo today from the tech team who had placed the "fix" for that day and it didn't work.  So now, you have to call and have your name added to a list and they will eventually get to it.  I was told that there is 1 lady (who is on vacation for the holiday) who has to manually fix all the accounts affected.  I'm gathering its the entire United States platform.  So eBay has empolyed 1 person, according to this rep, to fix all of that manually but can't get to it until an unforeseen time of returning to work.  With that said, I've been calling for 9 days since this has popped up on my dashboard and have gotten no where with it.  I've been told that it should auto correct itself once evaluated.  Alas, it did the opposite.  Now I am below stantard for guarenteed shipping and good thing I keep everything at 100% or I would be below standard for shipping period becuase of this mess.

A multi-billion dollar company who employes 1 person to manually correct a problem their tech support couldn't figure out.  Yeah, this is going to end well for all sellers, eye roll please.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Yikes.

Suppose they realize the impact includes every seller on the platform with same day or one day handling that had a transaction on the 4th or 5th? That's crazy stuff. 

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

I'm pretty sure they have realized this and are doing nothing about it. I find it almost comical that eBay puts these metrics in effect and emphasizes their importance to stay within compliance and then can't figure out how to keep them working correctly. I'm told it's not a big deal then. Really? Then get rid of all of it if that's the case. But it's not the case. When they get more money out of it then they care, when they are the one messing up then it's no big deal. I would love to be compensated for this. I have to compensate my customers for things in and out of my control. This is clearing within eBay's control, a compensation would be nice.
Message 23 of 29
latest reply

Worse yet that single day had a large effect on the postal office schedulles. Ever since the 5th they have been showing up very late on our street and scanning items past midnight or next morning. it's bad enough it's the Holidays but throw in an unforseen day without work and you have a backed up mess.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

I don't think I've got enough fingers to cross.  Time to take off the shoes and cross the toes, too.

Looks like the New Year will get off to an 'exciting' start, though nothing new.

Let's hope this is one of those times when the rep doesn't know of what they speak.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Another one .., Dec transactions won't affect the status .. you want to see the evaluation for this month .. three strikes from dec 5 ...my pecentage went from 0ver 98% tp just over 96% ..  what is it with you guys .. you act like people just make it up  .. .. that is why the original writer posted .. and why I did ... and those strikes will stay there for three months ...

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

All of those late shipment strikes that appeared on 12/20 are now gone from my dashboard. FYI to anybody else affected.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

@comicallycomic wrote:

No ,, not just you . I had ordered a postal carrier pick up for 9 outgoing packages  on one day in  late Nov . I kept watching the tracking numbers afterwards  and I realized none had even been scanned . Actually the post office had  been mistakenly  sitting on them  for some unknown reason  until I called them to see what was up. Needless to say all 9 orders arrived late well   passed  the estimated due date . In response e bay removed my top rated seller status . Nice huh ? Tulips 

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

A multi-billion dollar company who employes 1 person to manually - spreadlovelikefire 

I hear all the time that e bay wants to be Amazon ,, but I really think  its Walmart . 🙂   Tulips 

Message 29 of 29
latest reply