cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else hit with late shipping strikes due December 5th USPS closure?

Or just me. I take their system recognized the 5th as a regular business day despite the USPS closure.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Anyone else hit with late shipping strikes due December 5th USPS closure?

@comicallycomic wrote:

Or just me. I take their system recognized the 5th as a regular business day despite the USPS closure.

I never pay attention to this, I have one day handling and ship the next day, never had a problem, never cared if post office is open or close, and always been a TRS.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Yes .. my Top Rated Status is now in jeopardy ... I wrote about on Dec 4th knowing what would happen, and really got into it with people who answer for Ebay on the boards.  If I had a lot of orders on that day my TRS would have been taken away today ( the evaluation day ) and I would lose the 10%. Plus if I really do get sick or there's a blizzard and can''t get to the post office I will get strikes against me.  Ebay is a bunch of liars who don't follow their own rules. Just a horribly run company.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

As of a few days ago- no. As of today- yes. My dashboard late shipment report shows a handful of items sold Dec 4 with 1 day handling that says they were shipped late. They were shipped and scanned on Dec 6.

My report for tracking that was uploaded late shows twice as many items from Dec 4.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Yea I have several items from the 4th that were flagged. They will likely be able to remove them but their system seems so archaic that it may take months untill it will update properly.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

@comicallycomic wrote:

Well, it would seem that, according to Trinton, nobody should be penalized for the 5th. 

From a thread on the 4th - USPS SHUT DOWN ON DECEMBER 5TH, NATIONAL DAY OF MOURNING:

"in reply to 12-04-2018 12:36:13 PM

trinton@ebay

@mudshark61369 wrote:

Attn:

Trinton@ebay.com

From the USPS site this morning:

https://www.usps.com/national-day-of-mourning/welcome.htm

USPS Suspends Regular Mail Delivery

President Donald J. Trump has declared December 5 as a national day of mourning, calling on Americans to remember the vast contributions of former President George H.W. Bush.

To honor the life and legacy of President Bush, the Postal Service will observe the national day of mourning.

• All Post Office® locations will be closed.
  • Regular mail will not be delivered.
  • Package delivery will be limited.

Hi everyone, happy to confirm that we always offer protection for delays outside of a seller's control as is outlined in our Seller Protection Policy. Any service disruption will be taken into account and you will be protected.

If any members response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and one member's response resolved your question, please click 'Accept as Solution.' More on Accepted Solutions.

And, from announcements:
Last Edited 12-04-2018 01:05:27 PM

USPS has announced very limited operations for December 5, 2018, in observance of the National Day of Mourning for the passing of President George H.W. Bush.

As such,

• All Post Office locations will be closed.
  • Regular mail will not be delivered.
  • Package delivery will be limited.

eBay will automatically protect your Seller Performance and your late shipment rate will not be impacted for USPS shipments during this closure (any defects incurred will be removed and correctly reflected in your monthly seller evaluation).

And remember, as a holiday best practice, please ensure to handle within or faster than your handling time.

Thank you for selling on eBay.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

11 hits for a period between 3rd and 7th. I always upload but because no carriers there to scan them and no way of getting the numbers because they were closed (I still ship the old way not printing mine at home). This wasn't supposed to be a problem from what I read but it sure looks like a problem for me

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

I doubt Ebay will cover the fact that due to this unexpected 1 day shutdown USPS was severly behind on package scanning. Noticed this as it was unfolding. Hope I'm wrong and they use common sense and take back some of these strikes.

Realy I've learned one important lesson this Holliday. Dont do one day shipping in december as to many factors are out of your hands, heck Amazon is even late. I had a clean record and suddenly 15 strikes in a matter of  2 weeks. several are of the giving strikes for each item in a package variety that I can get easily deducted, but still, all that effort getting these out on time and you get a kick to the gut from ebay. So yea, 2-3 day handling for the next 2-3 weeks it is.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Sometimes I think some of these reponses take stupid pills ,,, I'm sorry but it's true. ...  one person down there showing the same dumb announcement from the fourth ... listen the strikes happened ... there's no protection... I am not making this up .. Ebay blantanly lies about it.

Then we have another responder who says don't do one day mailing ... hey genius .. in order to keep top rated status you have to send 95% of your packages within 24 hours .. that's why it matters.

Ebay can change the selling page every month, force this obscene seller hub down ebveryone's throats .. but they can't acknowledge a close post office day .. or a blizzard or hurricane . .. This compnay is run by idiots ... sad but so true

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

sorry for the spelling errors but I get excited because it's something that is so easy to fix ...

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

@ricardos.records wrote:

Then we have another responder who says don't do one day mailing ... hey genius .. in order to keep top rated status you have to send 95% of your packages within 24 hours .. that's why it matters.

I'm not sure how ebay plans to protect sellers for this---possibly you have to call and appeal.

Please note, though, you do not have to have 1 day handling and mail within 24 hrs to be a TRS.  I have 2 day handling and it is much easier to manage without fearing ebay issues like this. 

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

+1, Agreed.  One can hope the solution doesn't involve half a million sellers having to individually phone ebay customer service.  That would be madness.  

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

@ricardos.records wrote:

I'm not sure how ebay plans to protect sellers for this---possibly you have to call and appeal.

Please note, though, you do not have to have 1 day handling and mail within 24 hrs to be a TRS.  I have 2 day handling and it is much easier to manage without fearing ebay issues like this. 

This isn`t the 1st time ebay has promised protection for these type of things and failed. All those phone calls and hours spent SMH.

Folks get TRS and TRS+ confused sometimes. I realize you understand it fernwood but I`m posting the link in case someone wants to take a look.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards?id=4080#top-rated-sell...

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Trinton said they would be automatically removed........give it a couple of days...........

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

I am hoping you are right. Seller performance evals. were yesterday though. I don`t know if the evaluations are split up over days or if everyones is done on the 20th.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 15 of 29
latest reply