cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question to sellers - when do you leave feedback?

Hey guys. I wonder when do you leave feedback to your customers. As I buyer I almost always get a feedback already after purchase and payment "fast payment, quick response bla bla bla" or don't get any feedback at all.

I usually track my shipments so I leave feedback when the item is delivered. When do you leave? After payment? Or you wait a little bit because the buyer could be a scammer and you can't report him after positive feedback? Maybe you wait for a positive feedback from buyer. Or never leave feedbacks?

I always leave feedbacks. I saw few negative feedbacks of my friends and sellers I buy from. "The seller didn't leave me a feedback so I'm gonna leave him negative feedback because I purchased 3 items".  For me as a buyer, it's pretty funny. As a seller: scared me that no feedback could be a such big problem for customers. 

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: A question to sellers - when do you leave feedback?

@abfabvintage wrote:

@castlemagicmemories

Can't the Kraken just mutate over on the Feedback Board? Takes a lot of energy reading postings here. lol. And where is the Kraken picture? 

I don't think there is a Feedback Board anymore.

Kraken must be off somewhere with the Dead Horse.Smiley Very Happy

Message 46 of 82
latest reply

Feedback options need to equal -  or not at all..!!~~~

Message 47 of 82
latest reply

Also, I am not afraid of negatives, I have em and I am sure I will have more. I am fair and work with buyers who are fair with me. I also reply to all negatives!  I think other users need to hear my(seller) side of the issue. SOmetimes it is my fault and more often than not I am getting screwed.

But i'm 99.4 percent- so I have a lot of happy campers too-

Message 48 of 82
latest reply

This is a perfect example of ebay failing in diversity.

They treat buyers one way and sellers another. 

The thing is both are ebay customers and both pay ebay money.  In fact many sellers are also buyers!

Sellers are a treated like a disposable commodity by ebay and not even allowed to voice a negative opnion about a buyer (seemingly a protected ebay class of person).

Message 49 of 82
latest reply

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

The thing is both are ebay customers and both pay ebay money.  In fact many sellers are also buyers!

Sellers are a treated like a disposable commodity by ebay and not even allowed to voice a negative opnion about a buyer (seemingly a protected ebay class of person). 

and now you have it.  That is what we are. Seller leaves, 2 more come in to fill the void.

Put your hand in a pail of water.

Take your hand out.

The void left in the water after you take your hand is how much a seller will be missed by eBay.  Just the way it is.

Message 50 of 82
latest reply

After the buyer leaves it for me.  That's when I consider the deal done, knowing the buyer received the item and is satisfied, and will not cause me any problems by filing SNAD.  I know feelings vary on this topic, but that works for me.

Message 51 of 82
latest reply

@lovingroger2020 wrote:

Authentic feedbacks: I bough 5 item from this seller & NO FEEDBACK  BACK SO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK or Spent over $200.00 with this seller. Got no feedback. 
I saw few like this. As a buyer I don't leave a feedback when I order something to "try" and I don't like the item. When I order secend time from the same seller or I like my order I always leave positive feedback. 

For me as a buyer the feedback is not important. But for many other buyers it is. 

What does :  "As a buyer I don't leave a feedback when I order something to "try" and I don't like the item " .... mean? 

When I order something from a Seller and I discover the item is not to my liking, as long as the seller's description and photos were correct, I always leave the Seller 5 stars.   IMO, it's not the Seller's fault that I didn't like what I purchased.  

When someone buys something from me I leave positive feedback immediately.  I have never had a problem.  Yet.   But with this new Free Returns, anything is possible but I will still leave a buyer positive feedback.  If the buyer does not contact me first to let me know there's a problem, and leaves me a neutral or negative feedback I will put him/her on my BBL immediately so they (I mean I) never have a problem again.  

Message 52 of 82
latest reply

@electrola_man wrote:

After the buyer leaves it for me.  That's when I consider the deal done, knowing the buyer received the item and is satisfied, and will not cause me any problems by filing SNAD.  I know feelings vary on this topic, but that works for me.

Yes, I understand that it is best for some sellers to not leave feedback unless the customer leaves feedback first.  This is a good example to show that there is not just one best time to leave feedback. 

When more customers are offended by the seller leaving feedback first, then it is logical for the seller to wait until the customer leaves feedback.  That's what feedback for buyers is for - to please the buyer. 

Message 53 of 82
latest reply

That's the old way of doing it, and considered in a vacuum it's how it should be.

It's worth pointing out, in the old days there were no formal "disputes" to be opened, most items never had any tracking, you could leave bad buyers bad feedback, there were no shipping notifications, etc. 

Today people leave feedback thanking buyers for payments that everyone can see were received. 

In the old days, I'd mark the item "Payment Received", and mark the item Shipped.  I knew it arrived and they were happy with it when they left me a postitive feedback.  Now knowing the buyer was happy, and was not going to try to scam me or extract anything from me, the transaction was complete, and I'd leave f/b for them.  If they weren't happy, they didn't neg. me, they Messaged me to fix it.  No one left any feedback until that was resolved one way or the other. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 54 of 82
latest reply

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

No, sorry, it's not a perfect example of Ebay failing in diversity.  It's not an example at all.

This is the definition of diversity:

di·ver·si·ty
dəˈvərsədē,dīˈvərsədē/
noun

1. the state of being diverse; variety.
    "there was considerable diversity in the style of the reports"
    • a range of different things.
      plural noun: diversities
      "newspapers were obliged to allow a diversity of views to be printed"
      synonyms: varietymiscellanyassortmentmixturemixmélangerangearraymultiplicity;More

Message 55 of 82
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

I leave it when I ship. " Thank you for your purchase, etc." That takes care of people who think feedback is manditory and who leave retaliatory negs for sellers who wait, and for the general wingnuts who's only focus in life is the green donut. You know, people like this:

9caf7ef4f602a663bef9fe902807a01f

The ONLY feedback a buyer can receive is positive. Negative statements are a policy violation, and if reported by a buyer will get a seller dinged.  Withholding feedback as a warning or endorsement  is now useless, since it cannot be honest and true.

That said, feedback is voluntary. Nobody has to leave it at all, however there are some people that think it's somehow owed to them. It's not.

I relish the day when feedback goes away for good.

That feedback is just sad.

And frankly it is eligible for removal.  The buyer is complaining about something not related to the transaction.  Since it's voluntary, they are also demanding something not included in the listing.

I bet I could get the first rep to see it my way.

Joe

Message 56 of 82
latest reply

There are few things on eBay one could consider reliable. 

That is one of them.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 57 of 82
latest reply

@cherry*fizz wrote:

Incidentally I think many buyers are thinking less and less about FB. I know my items are packaged well and as described. But I only get a fraction of the feedback I used to get maybe 10-12 years ago. I just think a lot of people don't really see the value in it. 

Same here.  I have several repeat buyers who always email me to thank me and tell me how much they like their purchases---sometimes even send pictures, but they never leave feedback.  For anyone.

Message 58 of 82
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

What does :  "As a buyer I don't leave a feedback when I order something to "try" and I don't like the item " .... mean? 

When I order something from a Seller and I discover the item is not to my liking, as long as the seller's description and photos were correct, I always leave the Seller 5 stars.   IMO, it's not the Seller's fault that I didn't like what I purchased.  

Actually, it's not my fault neither. Because I can try the clothes online. Seller writes standard size measurements, because don't measure clothes and when I get it, I have something what I can't wear, because it's soo big (not even similar to measurements she wrote). I would have to be pregnant with triplets all my life if I want to wear them. And later - no returns (because the seller has a bad experience - oh really?! What about my experience). 

So yes, I don't leave a feedback if I don't like something and can't return it (for my cost, of course). 

Message 59 of 82
latest reply

I can't* Sorry. My mistake. 

Message 60 of 82
latest reply