cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question to sellers - when do you leave feedback?

Hey guys. I wonder when do you leave feedback to your customers. As I buyer I almost always get a feedback already after purchase and payment "fast payment, quick response bla bla bla" or don't get any feedback at all.

I usually track my shipments so I leave feedback when the item is delivered. When do you leave? After payment? Or you wait a little bit because the buyer could be a scammer and you can't report him after positive feedback? Maybe you wait for a positive feedback from buyer. Or never leave feedbacks?

I always leave feedbacks. I saw few negative feedbacks of my friends and sellers I buy from. "The seller didn't leave me a feedback so I'm gonna leave him negative feedback because I purchased 3 items".  For me as a buyer, it's pretty funny. As a seller: scared me that no feedback could be a such big problem for customers. 

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

I usually track my shipments so I leave feedback when the item is delivered. Same here. It's not practical

to leave a buyer feedback after they paid for an item. Like you stated, a buyer could be a scammer, who knows? 

Every seller has their own opinion on leaving feedback. Most would agree that it's vouluntary to do so.

Message 2 of 82
latest reply

A lot of buyers don't leave feedback. Most sellers do. In reference to your comment:"The seller didn't leave me a feedback so I'm gonna leave him negative feedback because I purchased 3 items".  That would be wrong in so many ways. 

Message 3 of 82
latest reply

EBay does not consider feedback in assessing seller accounts.

And feedback is voluntary.

And- as mentioned- buyers can only get positive feedback.

Sellers look at the Feedback buyers leave for sellers when they are considering auction bids and best offers.

That being said, some sellers leave feedback when they ship.

Some do it in batches every week or month or so.

Some never leave it, since it can only be positive.

Some leave FB after the buyer.

Are you here to buy stuff or are you here to collect feedback?

Message 4 of 82
latest reply

I leave it when I ship. " Thank you for your purchase, etc." That takes care of people who think feedback is manditory and who leave retaliatory negs for sellers who wait, and for the general wingnuts who's only focus in life is the green donut. You know, people like this:

9caf7ef4f602a663bef9fe902807a01f

The ONLY feedback a buyer can receive is positive. Negative statements are a policy violation, and if reported by a buyer will get a seller dinged.  Withholding feedback as a warning or endorsement  is now useless, since it cannot be honest and true.

That said, feedback is voluntary. Nobody has to leave it at all, however there are some people that think it's somehow owed to them. It's not.

I relish the day when feedback goes away for good.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 82
latest reply

When payment is received. Don't worry so much about feedback, many happy customers don't bother and if you are a good/fair seller, the overall ratings will be in your favor.

Message 6 of 82
latest reply

I've always felt that feedback is the only way we have to keep score.

I leave FB when I ship. I very rarely have issues with buyers, I don't anticipate issues and I figure leaving FB the same day I ship will
prevent me from getting hassled for it later.
Message 7 of 82
latest reply

Authentic feedbacks: I bough 5 item from this seller & NO FEEDBACK  BACK SO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK or Spent over $200.00 with this seller. Got no feedback. 
I saw few like this. As a buyer I don't leave a feedback when I order something to "try" and I don't like the item. When I order secend time from the same seller or I like my order I always leave positive feedback. 

For me as a buyer the feedback is not important. But for many other buyers it is. 

Message 8 of 82
latest reply

After a buyer does.
Message 9 of 82
latest reply

@lovingroger2020

"The seller didn't leave me a feedback so I'm gonna leave him negative feedback because I purchased 3 items". 

That is the reason that I adopted my policy of leaving feedback for the buyer a day, or so after I ship.  I do not need some delusional buyer leaving bad feedback because they did not get their meaningless feedback fast enough.

Message 10 of 82
latest reply

I always leave feedbacks. I saw few negative feedbacks of my friends and sellers I buy from. "The seller didn't leave me a feedback so I'm gonna leave him negative feedback because I purchased 3 items".  For me as a buyer, it's pretty funny. As a seller: scared me that no feedback could be a such big problem for customers. 

That's why I leave it upon payment.  Buyer feedback is really useless and meaningless anyhow, now, so for all I care it could be skipped entirely.  But there's enough headaches on this site as it is, I don't see any need to invite trouble from those few who think it's a constitutional right to receive immediate positive feedback for paying for their item. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 11 of 82
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@lovingroger2020

That is the reason that I adopted my policy of leaving feedback for the buyer a day, or so after I ship.  I do not need some delusional buyer leaving bad feedback because they did not get their meaningless feedback fast enough.

That's what I'm talking about.

My life is much simpler if I give FB at the same time I'm printing the shipping label.  If they already have it,  They won't ask.

And why risk a buyer bugging you later or going entirely off the rails for fb?

Message 12 of 82
latest reply

@dirk12955 wrote:
I've always felt that feedback is the only way we have to keep score.

I leave FB when I ship. I very rarely have issues with buyers, I don't anticipate issues and I figure leaving FB the same day I ship will
prevent me from getting hassled for it later.

Pretty much the same, my goal is to leave feedback for buyers after I ship but before they recieve. My domestic orders get delivered so fast I often miss my self-imposed window.

I have one feedback for new customers, another for new customers who buy multiple items and one more for repeat buyers.

Message 13 of 82
latest reply

I get to the feedback page once or twice a week and leave feedback for every buyer.  I just left click and it brings up my generic positive feedback comment. Don't have to type a single letter.  I know it makes some buyers happy and doesn't get any buyers mad so why not.  And yes, I know most buyers do not leave feedback and I don't take that personally.  But I think that giving positive feedback before they get their item makes a buyer slightly more amenable to a just resolution in the rare situation where a problem arises.  It is a prophylactic action to prevent acrimony.

Message 14 of 82
latest reply

@dirk12955 wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

iloveillinois

That's what I'm talking about.

My life is much simpler if I give FB at the same time I'm printing the shipping label.  If they already have it,  They won't ask.

And why risk a buyer bugging you later or going entirely off the rails for fb?

Even though buyer feedback is meaningless, I wait until the next day so they don't just get a free one if they ask to cancel.

I often print my labels quickly, as weather/power/internet loss can thke away my printing ability if I wait.  I have actually gone out to the mailbox to snag a cancel request before the mailman picked it up.

I always accept canx requests, as no good comes from forcing the sale. Can save me the cost of shipping in both directions.

Message 15 of 82
latest reply